Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by MR.WILLIE on Tue May 27, 2014 3:26 pm

He just mentioned of the MMA Hour that he's banned from Bellator events and banned from interviewing their fighters in person. Said Bjorn refuses to speak to him because of Ariel letting Eddie Alvarez call in during one of their interviews.

Mma fighting.com

MR.WILLIE

Location : Puerto Rico
Posts : 6498
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by iforgotmypassword on Tue May 27, 2014 4:01 pm

MMA is a joke

_________________
China Top Team
avatar
iforgotmypassword

Location : KUNLUN mountain living the dream
Posts : 1442
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by Sonatine on Tue May 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Would have thought it would be because Ariel is a zoofa shill.
avatar
Sonatine

Location : UK
Age : 32
Posts : 747
Join date : 2012-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by eXtv on Tue May 27, 2014 4:49 pm

On the one hand, banning journalists is childish and only makes the banner look bad.

On the other, Ariel likes to set people up on his show by having guests listening in whilst another guest is interviewed, and then springing the 'trap' half way through by bringing their adversary into the conversation. He has a job to do, but I don't like that tactic.

Be honest and up front, or people won't want to work with you, this here being an example.
avatar
eXtv

Location : England
Posts : 194
Join date : 2013-11-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue May 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Banning journalists isn't great but on the plus side, Helwani is no journalist. He's a pathetic shill that acts as Dana's bitch. If the guy is a journalist then he wouldn't work for the UFC for their UFC Tonight show and post show interviews.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one reason but it's probably more. This incident happened a year ago. It also probably had to do with other things. Like I said, everybody knows he carries Zuffa's water. Does this guy ever report on Bellator? It seems like everytime he talks about it, he's trashing them like tweeting that the press row was half asleep during the pay-per-view.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1260
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by nodogoshi on Tue May 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Sonatine wrote:Would have thought it would be because Ariel is a zoofa shill.

It's got to be directly related, actually, since the Alvarez thing was as much a political battle between Zuffa and Bellator as anything. Hellwani is an official Zuffa propagandist.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4466
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by Fairweather on Tue May 27, 2014 11:11 pm

iforgotmypassword wrote:MMA is  a joke

my sentiments exactly   

Fairweather

Location : Macedonia
Posts : 223
Join date : 2012-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed May 28, 2014 1:32 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:Banning journalists isn't great but on the plus side, Helwani is no journalist. He's a pathetic shill that acts as Dana's bitch.

Well said and sums up the situation.


  

avatar
TeamJohnPerretti
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 1855
Join date : 2013-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by God of Thunder on Wed May 28, 2014 3:46 am

Ariel pretends he´s banned because Bjorn ignores him. Ariel isn´t a legit journalist and should be shunned from the sport completely.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed May 28, 2014 4:13 am

It's really pathetic that zombies consider him the top journalist in the sport. I guess to be the top journalist in MMA is to have your head further up Dana's ass than anyone else.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1260
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by God of Thunder on Wed May 28, 2014 4:14 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:It's really pathetic that zombies consider him the top journalist in the sport. I guess to be the top journalist in MMA is to have your head further up Dana's ass than anyone else.
True, to me he´s not even an mma journalist. People like him should get as little attention as possible.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by God of Thunder on Wed May 28, 2014 4:24 am

Has anyone read about this "ban" from a reliable source? This is probably just bullshit from Zuffawani.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by Dagwood on Wed May 28, 2014 4:30 am

Ambushing someone by bringing in an unapproved adversarial 3rd party into an one on one interview is so f***'n bush league it's unbelievable. "Journalistic integrity" ahahaha! Let's see... when was the last time I heard this in football or basketball or hockey??? Ahackackahhackyhack!

  

_________________
avatar
Dagwood
Admin

Location : Canada
Age : 51
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-11-14

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by RussianTopTeam on Wed May 28, 2014 4:31 am

Ariel Helwani should get a job with TMZ or write blogs for Perez Hilton. He seems to be good with gossip & instigating

_________________
avatar
RussianTopTeam
Moderator

Posts : 2106
Join date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed May 28, 2014 4:45 am

Dagwood wrote:Ambushing someone by bringing in an unapproved adversarial 3rd party into an one on one interview is so f***'n bush league it's unbelievable. "Journalistic integrity" ahahaha! Let's see... when was the last time I heard this in football or basketball or hockey??? Ahackackahhackyhack!

  

Journalistic Integrity? What integrity? What kind of journalist works and accepts a paycheck from an organization they're supposed to cover objectively. Not only is Helwani not a journalist but he has nothing to do with MMA. Does he even cover any other MMA promotion outside the UFC? Does he even talk about any other promotion except when he's bashing them?
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1260
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by God of Thunder on Wed May 28, 2014 4:49 am

RussianTopTeam wrote:Ariel Helwani should get a job with TMZ or write blogs for Perez Hilton. He seems to be good with gossip & instigating
Spot on! I bet he will jump ship if he gets an offer from Perez.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by God of Thunder on Wed May 28, 2014 4:51 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
Dagwood wrote:Ambushing someone by bringing in an unapproved adversarial 3rd party into an one on one interview is so f***'n bush league it's unbelievable. "Journalistic integrity" ahahaha! Let's see... when was the last time I heard this in football or basketball or hockey??? Ahackackahhackyhack!

  

Journalistic Integrity? What integrity? What kind of journalist works and accepts a paycheck from an organization they're supposed to cover objectively. Not only is Helwani not a journalist but he has nothing to do with MMA. Does he even cover any other MMA promotion outside the UFC? Does he even talk about any other promotion except when he's bashing them?
Ariel thinks KSW is a european car.  What a Face 
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by megaronnie on Wed May 28, 2014 11:11 am

Psh Ariel has never even been sucked off by two birds… He aint worth water.

_________________


Never Forget.......

avatar
megaronnie

Location : soho rooftops
Posts : 434
Join date : 2013-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

Post by westcott123 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:46 am

nodogoshi wrote:
Sonatine wrote:Would have thought it would be because Ariel is a zoofa shill.

It's got to be directly related, actually, since the Alvarez thing was as much a political battle between Zuffa and Bellator as anything. Hellwani is an official Zuffa propagandist.

ariel is the kind of person that would do anything to get with the cool crowd and of course if bellator or one fc were to take over the top spot he be kissing scot coker or victor qui arses
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1325
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum