Fedor Emelianenko: 'If I were in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain Velasquez'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who do you think would win between a prime Cain Velasquez and a prime Fedor Emelianenko?

Fedor-Emelianenko

Cain-Velasquez

View results

Fedor Emelianenko: 'If I were in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain Velasquez'

Post by Kingfedor on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:44 pm

For years, Fedor Emelianenko reigned not just as the Pride heavyweight champion, but also as perhaps the best fighter in MMA, pound for pound. Fedor has not fought since 2012 and insists that he is happy in retirement, though he also knows exactly who he'd like to fight if he were in his prime.

“Cain Velasquez,” Fedor said in a recent interview.

“He has some technical difficulties, but he has ambition and he’s fearless. He wants to win so badly and he’s in great condition. He’s a thinking fighter."

The "Last Emperor" says that he doesn't miss competing much, and that he still trains regularly. He may not feel the need to step under the bright lights again, but Fedor still doesn't want the young kids passing him by.
“I still train, so there isn’t much that I miss,” he revealed.

“A true athlete is someone who doesn’t just stop training when they stop competing. It’s a way of life and they keep in shape just to keep up that standard.

"Plus, there’s a lot of younger guys who would like to take me down, so I always need to keep up because I definitely don’t want that to happen.”

Who do you think would win between a prime Cain Velasquez and a prime Fedor Emelianenko?

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor Emelianenko: 'If I were in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain Velasquez'

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:50 pm

Fedor wins. Of course the fight should be in the ring with PRIDE rules.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor Emelianenko: 'If I were in my prime, I'd want to fight Cain Velasquez'

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Fedor never lost a fight in his prime. Cain on the other hand..

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Love fedor and I like velasquez

Velasquez not being 265+ makes this fight a little easier for fedor grappling wise .

I still see Cain being able to get kotc to the ground and smother a bit.

Rules would play a big factor as fedor wad undefeated in pride rules but not so lucky under unified.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:33 pm

fka wrote:Love fedor and I like velasquez

Velasquez not being 265+ makes this fight a little easier for fedor grappling wise .

I still see Cain being able to get kotc to the ground and smother a bit.

Rules would play a big factor as fedor wad undefeated in pride rules but not so lucky under unified.
PRIDE was the best so cage and unified rules isn´t even an option.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkuri on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:56 am

By Kirik Jenness

"Retired legend Fedor Emelianenko is touring Canada, in support of the World Mixed Martial Arts Association. The WMMA is a non-profit group run by crazy Russian M-1 owner and Emelianenko's manager Vadim Finkelchtein. The WMMA - not to be confused with Women's MMA - has the stated goal of getting amateur MMA in the Olympics. Emelianenko serves are the organization's honorary president.

“I’m really here to promote the sport, provide support for Canadian fighters and be here to celebrate the joining of (the Canadian MMA Federation and the worldwide organization),” said Fedor to Danny Austin for the Calgary Sun, through hot translator Ioulia Reynolds. “Getting MMA in the Olympics is the main goal. Right now we’re focusing on the safety of the sport and putting all the rules and practices in place to adhere to world standards of the sport and make sure it’s safe.”

Although he is irrevocably retired, Fedor is not getting fat and happy. He has the same mirthful eyes and wide, goofy grin.
"

If Kirik really wrote this, he's a POS. This pissed me off.
sparkuri

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:21 am

sparkuri wrote:By Kirik Jenness

"Retired legend Fedor Emelianenko is touring Canada, in support of the World Mixed Martial Arts Association. The WMMA is a non-profit group run by crazy Russian M-1 owner and Emelianenko's manager Vadim Finkelchtein. The WMMA - not to be confused with Women's MMA - has the stated goal of getting amateur MMA in the Olympics. Emelianenko serves are the organization's honorary president.

“I’m really here to promote the sport, provide support for Canadian fighters and be here to celebrate the joining of (the Canadian MMA Federation and the worldwide organization),” said Fedor to Danny Austin for the Calgary Sun, through hot translator Ioulia Reynolds. “Getting MMA in the Olympics is the main goal. Right now we’re focusing on the safety of the sport and putting all the rules and practices in place to adhere to world standards of the sport and make sure it’s safe.”

Although he is irrevocably retired, Fedor is not getting fat and happy. He has the same mirthful eyes and wide, goofy grin.
"

If Kirik really wrote this, he's a POS. This pissed me off.
Kirik doesn´t seem to know anything about Vadim other than what Dana said. Who is this Kirik guy anyways? He says WMMA instead of WMMAA

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eXtv on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:42 am

Depends on where they fought, ring I say Fedor, cage I dunno. Fedor looked like ass in all his cage fights and Cain is an expert at using it to destroy his opponents.
eXtv

Back to top Go down

Post by eXtv on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:55 am

Fedor wrote:“He has some technical difficulties, but he has ambition and he’s fearless. He wants to win so badly and he’s in great condition. He’s a thinking fighter.”

I like this quote, and I thought something similar when Cain when it guns blazing against Junior in their rubber match and almost got lit up for it.
eXtv

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Prime Fedor

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:39 pm

It's not that Fedor wasn't particularly good in the cage or anything, he just turned into a completely different fighter once he was in Strikeforce.
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:18 am

eXtv wrote:Depends on where they fought, ring I say Fedor, cage I dunno. Fedor looked like ass in all his cage fights and Cain is an expert at using it to destroy his opponents.

A difference in eras if you ask me. Fedor never fought in the cage at his prime and Cain has never tempted the ring so we'll never truly know. Honestly I think Cain would be flabbergasted by Fedor's punches in the ring.
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:47 pm

AudaxSynth wrote:
eXtv wrote:Depends on where they fought, ring I say Fedor, cage I dunno. Fedor looked like ass in all his cage fights and Cain is an expert at using it to destroy his opponents.

A difference in eras if you ask me. Fedor never fought in the cage at his prime and Cain has never tempted the ring so we'll never truly know. Honestly I think Cain would be flabbergasted by Fedor's punches in the ring.
cain did have one fight in a ring his very 1st bodog or something
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:29 pm

wekka wrote:It's not that Fedor wasn't particularly good in the cage or anything, he just turned into a completely different fighter once he was in Strikeforce.

To be fair, I think Fedor lost his fire by the time he got to Strikeforce. He seemed a little out of shape by then and has wasn't as active fighting only once or twice a year.

To be honest, I don't know how this fight goes. I've viewed Cain as Fedor's successor as Heavyweight King just as Fedor was the successor to Igor Vovchanchyn. I also kind of view him as an updated version just as Fedor was to Igor.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:41 pm

I think cain should fight fedor in a ring under pride fc rules

I am sick of how all these UFC vs Pride FC fights occured on zuffas turf in a cage under their unified rules!

wrestlers suck in a ring FACT!!!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:23 am

stu3ufc wrote:I think cain should fight fedor in a ring under pride fc rules

I am sick of how all these UFC vs Pride FC fights occured on zuffas turf in a cage under their unified rules!

wrestlers suck in  a ring FACT!!!
well they had chuck vs rampage under pride rules and look how that turned out .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum