Can kickboxing overtake mma?

17% 17% 
[ 3 ]
83% 83% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 18

Can kickboxing surpass mma ?

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:08 am

Can you see mma promotion switch to  kickboxing if Glory  lead the way for kickboxing?
Do you think K&B could get better tv deal in the different countries compare to mma?

Back to top Go down

Re: Can kickboxing surpass mma ?

Post by God of Thunder on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:12 am

Yes I think so. Soon most of the oldschool fans will give up on mma completely and turn to other combat sports like kickboxing and boxing, many casuals will follow them. Hybrid promotions is probably the best solution.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:23 am

Glory K&B got a TV deal in Germany.No mma got a tv deal in Germany.I think in few year we could see Glory get a deal with Showtime sport channel.

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:28 am

kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:Glory K&B got a TV deal in Germany.No mma got a tv deal in Germany.I think in few year we could see Glory get  a deal with Showtime sport channel.
Feels like kickboxing has a much brighter future than mma here in europe. FFC is growing, Superkombat is strong, LEGEND is epic but Glory needs to come back to Holland.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:46 am

Golden Age wrote:
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:Glory K&B got a TV deal in Germany.No mma got a tv deal in Germany.I think in few year we could see Glory get  a deal with Showtime sport channel.
Feels like kickboxing has a much brighter future than mma here in europe. FFC is growing, Superkombat is strong, LEGEND is epic but Glory needs to come back to Holland.
I agree
The only reason glory doing event in America because american lack of struggle produce K&B star.America always had that problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:53 am

I personaly am quitting MMA and switching to kickboxing. I think kickboxing will do OK with three big companies like Glory, LEGEND and Global FC

Glory is playing on USA they will either go big or go out.
I would say Glory is now more out(because of financial problems) but things could change and they could go out like biggest winners because of ex–UFC fans.

From other side we have LEGEND run by Russian businessman Ruslan Suleymanov who literally does not care for losing money on evets.

And we have G.F.C run by Prince Amir Shafipur with dream to make Abu Dhabi a Las Vegas-style venue for MMA who btw clames that he can bring Pacquiao-Mayweather match to Dubai in 2015

Kickboxing was once known as K1. K1 brand was so big that more people did know for K1 than kickboxing(sounds stupid but truth) same like today more people knows for UFC than MMA.
Once K1 got in trouble, sport was done.(because of brand) Now Glory is creating brand and if Glory goes like K1 people could get lost should they watch Glory, LEGEND or G.F.C or something fourth.

I am afraid, but Glory will probably go out. Fans will get lost (in USA) but LEGEND will build sport in Europe and Russia and than after stong there go to USA become huge brand and than become MMA brand destroy UFC and save sport.(OK that is lil stretched Smile )

Glory could make it, if not we have LEGEND, G.F.C, FFC and so on, so I would say kickboxing will do OK
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:57 am

I like how Kanyneo defined the "No" answer. I am not saying "No" because 'people can't appreciate kickboxing'. It is because it is two different sports. Yes, it has alot of overlap, as demonstrated on these boards, but I feel like alot of MMA fans are people who want to see a mixture of grappling and kickboxing in sport. You can't get that anywhere else.

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:06 pm

Golden Age wrote:Yes I think so. Soon most of the oldschool fans will give up on mma completely and turn to other combat sports like kickboxing and boxing, many casuals will follow them.

In the last two years I've become more and more interested in boxing/kickboxing and less interested in mma.

mma is a fad

Speeding up the decline of mma is Zuffa and their poor ownership

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:13 pm

+1 what Hamilcar said

Mma isn't popular merely for standup and IMO isn't a fad its super young and still developing.

With brands like m-1 and bellator open to Co promotion and fighter sharing it will unite mma and elevate the status of mma on a whole reguardless of what zuffa does.

Kickboxing in America will not surpass mma IMO

I like Kickboxing but I've tried to introduced it to friends who watch mma or boxing and it just doesn't get the same reaction.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:55 pm

fka wrote:+1 what Hamilcar said

Mma isn't popular merely for standup and IMO isn't a fad its super young and still developing.

With brands like m-1 and bellator open to Co promotion and fighter sharing it will unite mma and elevate the status of mma on a whole reguardless of what zuffa does.

Kickboxing in America will not surpass mma IMO

I like Kickboxing but I've tried to introduced it to friends who watch mma or boxing and it just doesn't get the same reaction.

gtfo out of the kickboxing forum

MMA is fucking trash ....kickboxing is the sport of kings.... classy gentlemen like myself and dagwood watch it....

Kickboxing is still young it never has the exposure....MMA has been and gone... the lesnar era peaked and now it regresses.....

GLORY is class... the production is what MMA should be ...but no its dave and busters on spike tv american trash.

KICKBOXING > MMA

deal with it

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:56 pm

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:
Golden Age wrote:Yes I think so. Soon most of the oldschool fans will give up on mma completely and turn to other combat sports like kickboxing and boxing, many casuals will follow them.

In the last two years I've become more and more interested in boxing/kickboxing and less interested in mma.

mma is a fad

Speeding up the decline of mma is Zuffa and their poor ownership

this

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:23 pm

I watch glory whenever its on and I can agree its fun to watch for the most part.

But its not going to take off and be on fox sports with fight reviews next to NBA NHL NFL score stats.

I think it could become huge overseas but in America its pretty much still unknown.

More aggressive advertising would help.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum