UFC for sale?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UFC for sale?

Post by Brock Rogers on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:01 am

https://twitter.com/lorettahuntmma/status/527252992039591937

Rumor going around that the UFC is up for sale AGAIN. Be warned: this rumor pops up every so often

Brock Rogers

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC for sale?

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 am

Zuffa mma is a fad. Zuffa has only sped up it's decline with poor management.

Ppv buy's are dropping. People that care about mma have stopped financially supporting Zuffa. Only cage fighting fans and the uninformed are still buying the shows.

Tv ratings aren't great. The ultimate fighter show is dying a slow death.

Their plans for world domination are running into problems. Spending lots of money and seeing little results for it.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:17 am

Perhaps the Fertitta sisters realize Ultimate FC isn´t the new "cool" thing among anymore. Some rich russian guy should buy the company, bury the UFC name and bring back PRIDE.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:33 am

zuffa will run the ufc for another 30 years it's all they got
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagwood on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:40 am

Well I'm not sure who would want to pay what the zuffa, dana, & the sheik are 'probably' asking. The #1 star face of the company is not a fighter it's Dana White. They've purposely designed it that way.

I would assume Dana is trying to cash out too if this were correct while things continue to go south. To a prospective buyer, why would you pay big-time money for a company who's top brand-associated name is not coming with the company? This is a huge miscalculation the fertittas have made with managing their company. Huge. This is even though he may be inept at his job. That can be dealt with a new seemingly important position and dana as a figurehead.

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pea Is My Mom on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:01 pm

They should definitely try to cash out as their market-value continues to plummet.

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:46 pm

no one is going to buy this pile of shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagwood on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:They should definitely try to cash out as their market-value continues to plummet.

He Tott... Where are all the hundreds of MMALinker "MMA experts" that assaulted, attacked, and stalked me through almost everyone my 1000's of posts there for forecasting all this shit years and years ago due to the ineptness & corruption of those zuffa diots.

I'll tell you where they are... They've all vanished of the face of the MMA world. "But, we're true MMA fans!" "Die-hard MMA Fans!" Hundreds of guys never to be seen on any mma forum again, never to purchase UFC events again, and never to lick the balls of their fearless leader Dana White again. F***'em all. Only about 2 or 3 intelligent free thinking guys that where ever there and now it is literally extinct.

Same goes for BSL & Fletch. F****'n posers.

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Red on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:15 pm

shoulda cashed out a few years ago.

"Help am in Indonesia, lost debit card & cannot contact you via phone line - please help: 1danielfletcher@gmail.com thank you." - Fletch
Aunt Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pea Is My Mom on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Dagwood wrote:
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:They should definitely try to cash out as their market-value continues to plummet.

He Tott... Where are all the hundreds of MMALinker "MMA experts" that assaulted, attacked, and stalked me through almost everyone my 1000's of posts there for forecasting all this shit years and years ago due to the ineptness & corruption of those zuffa diots.

I'll tell you where they are... They've all vanished of the face of the MMA world. "But, we're true MMA fans!" "Die-hard MMA Fans!" Hundreds of guys never to be seen on any mma forum again, never to purchase UFC events again, and never to lick the balls of their fearless leader Dana White again. F***'em all. Only about 2 or 3 intelligent free thinking guys that where ever there and now it is literally extinct.

Same goes for BSL & Fletch. F****'n posers.

This decline was inevitable. Outside of its niche, the "fastest growing sport in the world" was simply a fad; the numbers were skewed because of a few peak years, notably between the years of 2008-10 - a lot of "new fans" followed the sport around the time the next-gen video game came out & Rampage-Rashad was still a thing. Outside of the a few big PPVs - Sonnen-Anderson II, Anderson-Weidman II - the UFC's steady decline was there for all to see. Losing big cash cows like Chuck, Lesnar, GSP, & Anderson (and you could probably throw BJ & Randy in there, too) was their ultimate downfall, in my opinion. That and the complete over-saturation of the market through their attempted monopoly.

Has this noticeable decline affected major MMA forums like Sherdog? (I rarely ever posted there, so I don't know.)

And does BSL still follow MMA? confused

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:31 pm

sherdog is mainly a circle jerk for mma fans that like to play fantasy ultimate fighter games. I am not joking. Sherdog has a thread for fantasy ultimate fighter.

Reddit has taken over where sherdog left. But that place is so fucked up. I mean a gif of Stun Gun Kim acting "cute" was the top voted thing the other day.

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Can you fucking believe this is real? A parody/troll thread about sherdog like this would just not be believable.

This is it, folks! The "TUF 20 - A Champion Will Be Crowned" Strawweight tournament is upon us!! To commemorate what could possibly be the most exciting TUF season ever, I hereby announce our first-ever Sherdog Fantasy TUF League!!!

Rules of the Game:

* Participant fee is $10/player - Winner takes all!

* When a match-up is announced each week, pick the Fighter who you think will win, the Round that she will win in (1, 2 or 3), and the Method of Victory that she will win by (T/KO, Submission, or Decision). For example: "Jojo Round 1 (T)KO", "Torres Round 2 Decision", or "Thug Rose Round 3 Sub".

- If your weekly pick wins the fight, you get +1 point, if she loses, you get penalize -1 point.
- If your weekly pick won by the correct method OR in the round that you have predicted, you get +2 points.
- If your weekly pick won by the correct method AND in the round that you have predicted, you get +3 points.

There are no penalties for getting the Method of Victory and Round Selection wrong, they are purely Win Bonuses to add diversity to the picks as well as minimizing the possibility of a tie between the winners. The lowest score you can get each week is -1 for losing, and gain +3 at most for winning.

* A new Weekly Score Board will be posted at Noon the day after the fight, with special recognition for any MVP's who manage to bag the entire 3 points.

* The player with the most points by the end of the TUF 20 Finale card will be crowned the TUF 20 Fantasy League Champion and receive the entire jackpot!

Important Notes & Frequently Asked Questions:

A seperate thread will be created purely for Weekly Picks. Only the predictions posted in the Predictions thread will count as your official picks. Meanwhile, this current thread will continue to be the League's meeting room for pre-fight analysis, PBP discussion, and post-fight bragging.
   There is no way of knowing which pairs will be fighting in Week 1, but we do know who will get paired up. That means for Week 1, we will make blanket predictions for ALL 8 pairs. The result for the pair that gets selected to fight on Week 1 will count, while the rest are dismissed.
   We will be picking Winner/Round/Method of Finish each and every week, all the way until the inaugural UFC SW Champion is crowned at the TUF 20 Finale. If you somehow miss a week, that blanket selection you made back in Week 1 will be your backup pick.
   The filler matches between the losers on the Finale card are NOT part of the tourney bracket and will not be included in our game.
   If you fail to submit your pick BEFORE each episode starts, it will count as a Lost for that week (-1 point).
   If your weekly pick is DQ'ed for whatever reasons (injury, overweight, illegal moves, booted from the show, etc), it will count as a Lost that week (-1 point). The other pick would get an automatic win for 1 point.
   Please make a NEW post (and purge the old one) before the deadline if you want to change your pick! ALL edited/altered submissions will be automatically invalidated.
   If a fight ends with a NC, everyone gets 0 point.
   Remember: this is TUF, a Decision could come in either Round 2 OR Round 3!
   In the unlikelihood that there's a tie for first place, the jackpot will be splitted evenly for the co-winners.

If you want to join in the fun, sign up here BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1 and I'll send you a PM with my Paypal e-mail! Absolutely no new players will be admitted in the League once the registration process is wrapped up, so sign up now and get this party started!
iforgotmypassword

Back to top Go down

Post by JimGunn on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:41 pm

People who play fantasy sports games and cash money bettors are the most dedicated of hardcore sports fans across all sports including football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, MMA and everything else. Online forums and even the promotions themselves like the UFC are wise to cater to them in minor ways. The UFC has been including Vegas odds on the broadcasts for a while now when they put up the tale of the tape on screen for example.
JimGunn

Back to top Go down

Post by megaronnie on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:42 pm

MMA died the day Donovan abdicated his Megaton belt.

Never Forget.......

megaronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:47 pm

JimGunn wrote:People who play fantasy sports games and cash money bettors are the most dedicated of hardcore sports fans across all sports including football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, MMA and everything else. Online forums and even the promotions themselves like the UFC are wise to cater to them in minor ways. The UFC has been including Vegas odds on the broadcasts for a while now when they put up the tale of the tape on screen for example.

Like you Jimm? Remember you called Mizuki Inoue some no name Japanese fighter. You're so dedicated you only post about your winning bets but not a peep about the losing ones.

Here is a hint. No one, not even gamblers, gives a fuck about your degen 50 dollar mma bets. Jimm you're so hardcore you decided to follow mma to try to make money once your pr0n company failed.

You're see through. You have 1000 posts online all about gambling or correcting spelling errors.
iforgotmypassword

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:56 pm

I dont even know wtf your point is Jimm. Sherdog did not setup the fantasy ultimate fighter. It was a thread made by a user and ran by a user. But please report back if you manage to win the 10 dollar prize. We all want to hear about a single man's gambling habits.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:15 pm

And peretti complains about me talking trash to fellow forum members LOL... Smile

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Fka

Why are fixated on me?

I don't go through my day fixating on you.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm fixating on your complaints about my social behavior because you make it a point to tell me when u think I'm attacking people yet when others do it ....no big deal

Smile I can be a pain in the ass too

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Fka this thread was full of good discussion....

Are you happy that you've hijacked it with your attention seeking behaviour?

You may not be aware of this but nost people come here for good mma discussion. Not for your juvenile personality traits.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by JimGunn on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:07 pm

iforgotmypassword wrote:I dont even know wtf your point is Jimm. Sherdog did not setup the fantasy ultimate fighter. It was a thread made by a user and ran by a user. But please report back if you manage to win the 10 dollar prize. We all want to hear about a single man's gambling habits.

I was only making the point that watching MMA and playing fantasy sports games are just a little bit of entertainment for people and that there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not even involved in that game, nor was I trying to start an argument. You've made it clear that you've taken offense at something I posted in the past even if it was trivial or unwarranted, so I'll apologize on general principles if that is of any help. I'm not looking to get into an ongoing beef with a stranger on an MMA forum that often has some thought provoking threads.
JimGunn

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:54 pm

Peretti you make me smile Smile

I will be content when you actually say the shit you do to me to others when they do the same thing.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Others make a comment or two and move on...

You feel the need to turn everything into a personal situation and an opportunity for you to draw attention to yourself.

As shown by you bringing me up out of nowhere in this thread and hijacking the thread.

You couldn't just let this thread be about the UFC possibly being for sale.

Stop fixating on me. This is a mma message board..focus on that.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:52 pm

I say Global-MMA.com should buy the UFC! Turn the UFC into a hybrid/co-promoting/ring org and ditch the unified rules for something that works!
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 pm

My " random comment" was in reference to the obvious crap talking that you choose to ignore.

I don't need attention lmao Ive been here before you were I just think its funny how you operate peretti....

I got my eye on you... Smile

I second the idea nog gmma buying ufc ....anybody here have a big bankroll???

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum