Boxing fans respect history and discuss it daily. MMA fans not so much.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Boxing fans respect history and discuss it daily. MMA fans not so much.

Post by wekka on Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:04 pm

I think a lot of people are missing the point of the original post, or so it seems to me.

It's not about the substance and longevity of history, it's just the fact that hardly anyone gives these pioneers their due. It's just all shit talk about how so and so is better and how "improved" mma is in current day. Instead of respecting these forefathers, it's all negativity and whatever most of these "fans" can do to tear down these fighters that they most likely didn't even experience first hand.

Say what you will about boxing but they do respect the legends of their sport. Which cannot be said for mma.
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pea Is My Mom on Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Punkass, Chuck, and Hughes are the only HOFers that get any respect by the UFC.

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:26 am

wekka wrote:I think a lot of people are missing the point of the original post, or so it seems to me.

It's not about the substance and longevity of history, it's just the fact that hardly anyone gives these pioneers their due. It's just all shit talk about how so and so is better and how "improved" mma is in current day. Instead of respecting these forefathers, it's all negativity and whatever most of these "fans" can do to tear down these fighters that they most likely didn't even experience first hand.

Say what you will about boxing but they do respect the legends of their sport. Which cannot be said for mma.

I understood the first post. I hate how people have no idea of the history of the sport and look down upon the pioneers of the sport who literally built this fucking sport for this "NEW BREED" of stars. So thats why I hate when people shit on mark coleman or fedor etc....

p.s i come here for the trannies also Very Happy cat

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum