Amir Khan vs Devon Alexander, Loaded Card (Offical Discussion)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amir Khan vs Devon Alexander, Loaded Card (Offical Discussion)

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:18 am

December 13th: Live on Showtime from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Devon Alexander (26-2, 14 KOs) vs. Amir Khan (29-3, 19 KOs) 12 rounds

Keith "One Time" Thurman (23-0, 21 KOs) vs. Leonard Bundu (31-0-2, 11 KOs) 12 rounds, for Thurman's WBA interim welterweight title

Abner Mares (27-1-1, 14 KOs) vs. Jose Ramirez (24-3-2, 15 KOs)

Jermall Charlo (19-0, 15 KOs) vs. Lenny Bottai (22-2, 9 KOs) IBF title elimination bout

Undercard on Showtime Extreme:

Jermell Charlo (24-0, 11 KOs) vs. Mario Alberto Lozano (28-5, 20 KOs)

Errol Spence Jr. (14-0, 11 KOs) vs. Mike Arnaoutis (24-10-1, 11 KOs)

“Vicious” Victor Ortiz (29-5-2, 22 KOs) vs. Manuel Perez (21-10-1, 4 KOs)

Off TV bouts:

Beibut Shumenov (14-2, 9 KOs) vs. Robert Thomas Jr. (14-2-1, 9 KOs)

Yoshihiro Kamegai (24-2-1, 21 KOs) vs. Oscar Godoy (13-3, 6 KOs)

Last edited by TeamJohnPerretti on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Re: Amir Khan vs Devon Alexander, Loaded Card (Offical Discussion)

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:20 am

Former unified super lightweight world champion Amir “King” Khan and former two-division world champion Devon Alexander “The Great” hosted a Los Angeles press conference to announce their December 13 welterweight showdown at the MGM Grand Garden Arena live on Showtime. Khan and Alexander were joined by former world champion Victor Ortiz, who will be featured on the “Royal Battle” undercard.

Amir Khan: If I want those big fights, I need to win this one…going into this fight December 13, I’ll be a different fighter. Virgil Hunter has greatly helped me and I’m looking forward to it.

Devon Alexander: Whatever Amir Khan has planned, I have an action for it. Welcome to my graduation party December 13.

Victor Ortiz: I’m excited to get back in the ring and even though I’ve had ups and downs, I’m here now and I’m ready.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pea Is My Mom on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Hmm.

I don't rate Alexander at all and I think Khan is a better boxer...I just worry about Khan's terrible glass jaw.

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:29 am

Japanese welterweight Yoshihiro Kamegai (24-2-1, 21 KOs) will face an opponent to be determined on Dec. 13 at the MGM in Las Vegas on the Devon Alexander-Amir Khan undercard.

Kamegai made a lot of fans in a decision to Robert Guerrero in a hellacious fight of the year candidate on June 21 at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:09 am

Former World Boxing Association (WBA) Light Heavyweight World title holder Beibut Shumenov (14-2, 9 KOs) returns to the ring December 13, kick-starting his new quest to become a two-division world champion, against cruiserweight Bobby Thomas Jr. (14-2, 9 KOs) in an eight-round bout on the Khan-Alexander card, presented by Golden Boy Promotions, at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Shumenov, who lives and trains in Las Vegas, last fought this past April 19 in Washington D.C., losing a 12-round split decision to then International Boxing Federation (IBF) champion Bernard Hopkins (54-6-2) in their unification fight. “I look forward to December 13th and pursuing a world cruiserweight title with Al Haymon in my corner,” Shumenov said.

Already rated #3 by the WBA, Shumenov will make his cruiserweight debut Dec. 13 against a fighter with the exact same record, West Virginia champion Thomas. “I’m happy to be fighting again and moving up to the cruiserweight division,” Shumenov noted. “I don’t have to struggle now to lose 50-plus pounds to make weight for my fights.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/beibut-shumenov-returns-dec-13-in-las-vegas-268730#more-268730
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by backdoor to zuffa on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Hmm.

I don't rate Alexander at all and I think Khan is a better boxer...I just worry about Khan's terrible glass jaw.

This right here. And with the way Devon likes to beat up on the air in front of his opponent's face, you have to wonder if the wind from those punches will put Khan on shaky legs. I've never liked Khan, but I hope he ends that terribly lame fighter for the sake of boxing.

We are Global-MMA.com.

-backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:18 pm

I think you guys are rather mistaken to be sleeping on Devon Alexander. He is a good fighter. He's a former champion, and has only lost competitively to Bradley and Shawn Porter. He has a lot of good names on his resume, and he has the skills.

Khan should win though.

Back to top Go down

Post by backdoor to zuffa on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Sleeping on him? I didn't make a prediction either way. Devon isn't that skilled. He just knows how to throw enough punches to score points in the eyes of the judges.

Also, two official losses yeah. He should have two more losses on his record from Kotelnik and Matthysse.

We are Global-MMA.com.

-backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 am

Keith Thurman and Errol Spence Jr. are future super stars.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:58 am

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:45 pm

Former unified super lightweight world champion Amir “King” Khan” and former two-division world champion Devon Alexander “The Great” hosted an international media conference call on Monday to discuss their welterweight showdown taking place Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Amir Khan: “I’m in great shape, weight is on point, and I’m very focused & ready…as long as I stick to the way I fight I don’t think anyone can beat me. I have the fastest hands in boxing and I have probably the best boxing skills in the world so if I just be smart and stick to those skills I don’t think I’ll have a problem with anyone.”

Devon Alexander: “I don’t see anything special from Amir Khan, he’s fast but that’s it…everybody can be beat. It’s about the team coming up with the game plan to get it done…I definitely need to win and want to look good doing it.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/khan-alexander-quick-quotes-272601
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs. Devon Alexander 12.13.14 (Offical Discussion)

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:22 pm

ON showtime 

• Amir khan vs devon alexander 
  • Keith Thurman vs Leonard Bundu 
  • Jermell Charlo  VS Jose Ramirez  
  • Victor Ortiz Vs Manuel Perez
  • Abner Mares vs Jose Ramirez
  •  Jermell Charlos Vs Mario Alberto Lozano 
  • Beibut Shumeno vs Bobby THomas Jr 
  • Errol Spences vs Mike Arnoutis
  •  Yoshihiro Kameegai Vs Oscar Gody

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:05 am

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:06 am

Betting Odds:

Amir Khan -240 vs. Devon Alexander +200 (welterweight)

Keith Thurman -1375 vs. Leonard Bundu +900 (WBA interim welter title)

Jermall Charlo -3000 vs. Lenny Bottai +1500 (jr middleweight)

Abner Mares -3750 vs. Jose Ramirez +1500 (featherweight)

Victor Ortiz -2600 vs. Manny Perez +1200 (welterweight)

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/weekend-boxing-odds-2-272698
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:41 pm

There was a time exactly one year ago when Amir Khan's road to a potential pay-per-view showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr. appeared to go through Devon Alexander.

Twelve months later it still does.

A few of the minor details have changed since Khan pulled out of a December 2013 title fight against Alexander in his unsuccessful bid to preserve himself for a shot at the pound-for-pound king.

Khan established himself as a full-fledged welterweight by defeating former titlist Luis Collazo in May on the undercard of Mayweather's first of two 2014 wins over Marcos Maidana. Alexander, meanwhile, dropped his 147-pound title to Shawn Porter before bouncing back in June to soundly outpoint Jesus Soto-Karass.

But the same theme endures on Saturday when Khan and Alexander settle their unfinished business at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET): the winner puts himself in prime position to possibly land Mayweather.

That equation, of course, may not be so cut and dry considering boxing politics, Alexander's limited commercial appeal and the constant rumors of a long-awaited Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight. But both Khan and Alexander are, at the very least, elite welterweights at the peak of their primes in boxing's last true glamour division, meaning a victory on Saturday would be a valuable one.

"I look at this as a make or break fight for me," Khan said. "[Floyd] Mayweather is motivation for me [and] makes me work harder, but my main goal is to get past this fight. If I win, it will take me onto bigger and better things."

Alexander (26-2, 14 KOs) has long possessed top-level skills as a slick boxer and former two-division titlist. But the St. Louis native, 27, believes he has toiled under the radar and enters Saturday with a chance to score the kind of breakthrough win his career has lacked.

"As far as me being underrated, I do believe that I am," Alexander said. "I've been in with top-notch guys and people are quiet about those things. But it's ok because I'm going to continue to prove myself and earn my respect."

Alexander was simply overwhelmed by the physicality of Porter's pressure style last December in a fight he admits he took lightly and wasn't mentally focused for. But he rebounded nicely against the much slower Soto Karass and showed late in the fight a commitment to a more exciting style.

"I've noticed with Alexander that when he wants to fight he can fight and when he wants to box he can box," Khan said. "He's quick and has good movement, but he needs to develop his power and sit down on his shots a little more. It's going to be a game of chess to find out who is the bigger and more skillful fighter."

Saturday's bout pairs two of the fastest set of hands in the division, but Alexander believes it's his versatility that will be the difference.

"All Khan does it hit, hit, hit and move out in every fight," Alexander said. "I'm a versatile boxer who can stand in the pocket but also be a smart fighter. I fight differently in each fight.

"I don't see anything special of Khan. He's a little fast, but what else? Everybody is fast. You have to have something else in your arsenal at the top level."

While Alexander has appeared more willing to stand and trade in recent fights, Khan (29-3, 19 KOs) has made a focused effort to rein himself in just a bit entering his third fight with trainer Virgil Hunter.

"I'm still going to be the fighter that I am, just more smart," Khan said. "Whenever we put our attack together there's a reason. There has to be a way out and a way to stay out of trouble. You can still be exciting and come forward and throw punches, but be safe at the same time."

Khan, 28, is no longer bitter at being deceived by the Mayweather camp regarding a 2014 fight, saying "that's life and just one of those things." In fact, he credits his inability to land the bout as a positive in that it provided him more time to get comfortable with Hunter.

"I think things happen for a reason," Khan said. "Obviously I was hoping for a big fight against Floyd. But in a way it gave me time to build into this weight division. I got to work on what I needed to work on: my boxing skills, defense and to take my time."

Alexander admits he'd by lying if the possibility of a Mayweather fight wasn't in the back of his head and said he's planning on pulling out all the stops. He not only wants to beat Khan, he understands the importance of needing to look good doing so.

"Everyone's talking about it and everyone knows what it means," Alexander said. "This is definitely the biggest fight of my career because this fight can catapult me to the top level."

Trainer Kevin Cunningham likes his fighter's chances of landing Mayweather with a win.

"I have never seen Floyd duck anyone," Cunningham said. "It has been a while since Floyd has fought a quick, athletic, African-American fighter. I think he would step up and give the winner of this fight a shot."

While predicting Mayweather's next move is far from an exact science, Saturday's card should act as a de facto tryout for not just Khan and Alexander, but unbeaten interim titlist Keith Thurman, who faces Leonard Bundu in the co-main event. It will be a busy night for the division considering former welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr. faces Diego Chaves on a competing card at the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

"The welterweight division will have all of the eyes on it on Saturday," said Golden Boy Promotions founder Oscar De La Hoya. "I think we are not only going to get an entertaining fight for all of the fans, but we will have a clearer picture on who is going to be fighting Mayweather and [Manny] Pacquiao."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12010456/devon-alexander-amir-khan-settle-unfinished-business
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:22 am

By: Mike Foss

When Amir Khan steps into the ring against Devon Alexander in Las Vegas on Saturday, he will do so wearing 24-carat gold on his waist.

The former two-time world champion’s shorts will be made of white nappa leather, crocodile trim, and gold thread woven through waist band. The estimated cost of the trunks: £30,000.

The clash between Khan and Alexander has significant consequences. Many believe the winner will become the next challenger of undefeated Floyd Mayweather.

“Every fighter in the welterweight division wants that big fight against Floyd and as a hungry fighter you want to fight and beat the best,” Khan said via BBC. “Some styles cause problems for Floyd and some styles are made for him. You never want to leave boxing thinking what would have happened if I’d fought someone like Floyd.”

You also don’t want to leave boxing without knowing what you might have looked like wearing $50,000 shorts.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/amir-khan-will-wear-50000-gold-shorts-in-vegas-fight
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by rezin on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:39 pm

^ His shorts will cost more than a ufc paycheck + win bonus + k.o. of the night +fight of the night.

- Ikuhisa Minowa. 1976 - infinity
rezin

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:27 am

24 carat gold short

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 am

Do you have a poster so we can put this on the homepage?
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:42 am

Golden Age wrote:Do you have a poster so we can put this on the homepage?
http://www.global-mma.com/t11476-amir-khan-vs-devon-alexander-12-13-14-offical-discussion
just merger it

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:58 am

kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:
Golden Age wrote:Do you have a poster so we can put this on the homepage?
http://www.global-mma.com/t11476-amir-khan-vs-devon-alexander-12-13-14-offical-discussion
just merger it
Thanx, done
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:36 am

Alexander has zero power. He is a ESPN fighter. Khan is going to unleash KHANAGE

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:19 am

I got khan

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:42 am

I think it will be an entertaining fight.

My prediction is Khan will win with a late round stoppage.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Should be a good show.

Always excited to see Keith Thurman in action and Khan/Alexander should be interesting.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum