A frustrated Steve Carl released from WSOF upon request

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A frustrated Steve Carl released from WSOF upon request

Post by Audax on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Former WSOF champ Steve Carl voices frustrations, granted release
By: Mike Bohn November 5, 2014 4:45 pm

steve-carl-wsof-9

Former WSOF welterweight champion Steve Carl has voiced his grievances with the promotion over the past few days. His management team requested a release from the organization, and WSOF officials have fulfilled their wishes.

Carl’s social-media grievances have earned him a release from his contract, MMAjunkie has learned.

Carl (21-4) has expressed frustration over his infrequent fight schedule. The 29-year-old has competed just four times in the past two years and was unhappy he had nothing scheduled for the immediate future.

As a result, Carl’s manager, Audie Attar, approached WSOF officials about releasing his client from his remaining contractual obligations, he said. The request was granted, WSOF officials today confirmed.

Carl’s last bout with the promotion came in March, when he dropped the WSOF welterweight belt to current titleholder Rousimar Palhares. The defeat snapped a seven-fight winning streak for Carl, but he said he’s been ready to bounce back ever since.

Following his Bellator MMA release in 2011, Carl picked up the pieces and scored some wins as he bounced around several organizations. He signed with WSOF for its inaugural event in November 2012 and had been a fundamental part of the roster.

Carl recorded back-to-back submission wins to earn an opportunity to fight Josh Burkman for the inaugural WSOF belt. In an upset, Carl choked out Burkman to capture the belt.

Since then, though, he’s had just one fight. And as time wore on, Carl became increasingly disgruntled with his situation:

Steve Carl @Steve_Carl

I'm so damn stressed out I can't even sleep! #anger #MMA #politics #benchwarmers #need2fight #payingBillsOnCredit
12:44 AM - 4 Nov 2014
https://twitter.com/Steve_Carl/status/529554790708019200

Steve Carl @Steve_Carl

Took my frustrations out on the weights tonight with @OBenjilany my body feels wrecked! #BeastMode #noRest #pumpingIron #Fighting #strength
5:23 PM - 4 Nov 2014
https://twitter.com/Steve_Carl/status/529806286292914176

Steve Carl @Steve_Carl

3 fights in the last 2 years...@MMAWorldSeries apparently you think being a pro fighter should only be a part time gig #FML #ShootMeNow
8:30 AM - 5 Nov 2014
https://twitter.com/Steve_Carl/status/530034449149616129

Now free of his WSOF obligations, Carl seeks a new organization to call home.

For more on WSOF’s upcoming schedule, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/11/former-wsof-champ-steve-carl-voices-frustrations-granted-release
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A frustrated Steve Carl released from WSOF upon request

Post by wekka on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:14 pm

WSOF sucks ass
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by backdoor to zuffa on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:31 pm

Worst Shit of Fighting is indeed shit.

We are Global-MMA.com.

-backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:27 am

mma is dead. I cant believe it.

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:55 am

mma is white slavery

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:34 am

Can WSOF keep any fighter? Why not just let Carl take some fights outside the company?
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:08 pm

WSOF is still better than Bellaturd

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Rocksoldier it's simple no NA company does what bellator does for fighters they actually let you make money LOL

If you have visa issues or if you feel too inactive you can generally take a fight outside the org or in recent cases fighter sharing has been an ongoing theme I'd like to see continued.

Wsof is just a horrible org from production to obviously how they are a shadow org for ufc and can't keep fighters.

Wsof does house a few promising prospects and proven veterans but if they just let them go it really doesn't matter.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Would be a great bellator pickup Smile

But since he'd already basically in line with zuffa I'd be surprised not to hear his signing to ufc by the end of the month.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Sounds stupid. It seems like it would make their lives easier if they let fighters take fights outside the promotion. Whatever, if they want to continue burning bridges then it's their choice.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum