Bellator 134: Newton Vs McGeary Results & Discussion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bellator 134: Newton Vs McGeary Results & Discussion

Post by CDF47 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

PRIDE4EVER wrote:Wow I'm a fan of McGeary but I was pretty sure we were gonna hear and still at the end of the fight, still hell of a great match.

That was definitely a good one. First round was one of the best rounds I have seen in a while.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

AudaxSynth wrote:That first round of McGeary and Newton had me in awe, that grappling was fucking insane to watch. Shocked Shocked

The way that fight developed was great, the adjustments each fighter made throughout it. McGeary's RELENTLESS aggression with submissions and Newton's impeccable heart and will to learn the specific triangle escape that worked against McGeary's frame. Newton did not forget what he learned in the first round and applied the same escape every time he could..

but McGeary just hit the ground running. Congrats to the new champ.

Kongo VS. Mo was a boring bout and dumb matchup but fuck it - give Mo a squash match to get the HW title and then give him some Randy Couture angle and feed him the real HW competition. Mo's done at LHW other than freakshow fights against bloated MWs and ain't no one trying to see anymore of those.

Daley rusty from kickboxing too much last year, Lima would've fucking slaughtered him into a fucking coma.

Agreed that the main card was sub-par at best, last fight really saved it for me.. also the little bit of  but the show just felt all over the place, wasn't paced well.

Prelim results looked interesting at least.

I agree

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:50 pm

I enjoyed this show. The set looked great and I loved the intro with the national anthems and fireworks. It reminded me of PRIDE. I was glad to see Butler get back in the winners circle and in a good way with that guillotine. After an awful 2014, he needed to look good here and he succeeded. McCrory also looked very good and got a nice armbar. I'm guessing he has to be next or in contention for the Middleweight Title. The opener was fun, Vassell looked good against Sokoudjou, Daley and Santos put on a fun fight with Santos showing a lot of heart. Mo/Kongo was the only dud on the main card as Mo did what he had to do. I give him credit for moving up to heavyweight since he is not a heavyweight. I doubt he's done at Light Heavyweight. Losing to Emanuel Newton is nothing to be ashamed of and now the door is open for him to get back in contention. To be fair, he fought Middleweights but they were replacements for Tom DeBlass. The main event was fun and the first round was exciting with all the submission attempts. The fight was close but congrats to McGeary.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:04 pm

EDIT
Lol at jimmy smith. Bellators very own joe Hogan Rolling LMAO Isnt that cute? Bellator are sOoooo hell bent on copying the shit heads at ufc they even have their very own jo Hogan lol!

lets see...thanks for all them bellator vid links golden age.

Things I remember...king mo acting like a peasant again Newton put up a great fight but looked like a hobbit next to his opponent. Great fighters imo they were the best of the fights I saw. Sokoudjou looked old maaaan I was hoping he would win. Daley was...ok...ish I suppose nothing overly impressive but his opponent André Santos was one tough fighter though.
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:31 pm

The production level was definitely excellent ....the intro to the show was really cool ,and i like how they had the national anthems for each fighter and had all the fighters stand on the stage,giving respect to the athletes.

First off Brennan ward is a total caveman BRO BRO BRO LOL he did do a good job of taking MVPs place and put on a good finish.

Sokoudjou succumbs to the swarm lol Linton is fun to watch it was a good fight.

Kongo vs mo was mediocre

Main event was EPIC had me hyped especially that first round....EXCELLENT fight.

Daley by his own admission was rusty but that fight was a grinding war and Santos has one hell of a chin.i enjoyed it alot.

The event for me was great i thoroughly enjoyed it especially the fighter intros ..

Worst part was kimbo and ken interview.

Had about 20 people over they all were quite happy and everyone enjoyed the fights except mo vs kongo.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:35 pm

Oh and seeing fedor decked out in bellaforce swag i almost fainted lol

Happy fedor +Vadim respect of coker=eventual co promotion and fighter sharing.

Tho kimbo vs ken has the appeal of paint drying i have to admit im happier seein ken in MMA then in bare knuckle boxing.....

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:37 pm

At least fka enjoyed it.

That's a win in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:24 am

MORE orgs should try and please me lol...

I feel bad for the idiots who bought the ufc ppv ....main was over in 14 secs....

And the supposed killer kickboxer holm went to decision against a tuf product......

Bellator by no means is completely satisfying me.....its too much like strikeforce...

The excellent production,homegrown quality talent.....then geezer fights.....

Im just an optimist unlike most ....

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:32 am

Fka is a man of discerning taste.

He chooses to financially support Zuffa. He appreciates the quality product that they produce.

Cage fighting 4 ever!!!!!
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:39 am

'Im just an optimist' -fka

What? Optimistic that mma can be totally killed and taken over by Zuffa cage fighting. You financially support a company that is an enemy of mma and out to destroy it.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Bellator was a great event....but you probly missed it with your nose up in the air!!lmfao

P4p worst mod ever

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:51 pm

I already said i didnt order the ppv but your so quick to judge and open up your can of cheese....

Its fucking hilarious you look dumb as fuck Smile

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:54 pm

fka wrote:I already said i didnt order the ppv but your so quick to judge and open up your can of cheese....

You love Ronda you sick fuck

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:44 pm

I would fuck her but i wouldn't catch feelings lol

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:46 pm

fka wrote:

Bellator by no means is completely satisfying me.....its too much like strikeforce...

YOURE HAVING YOUR CAKE AND EATING IT NOW!

I FUCKING TOLD YOU WHAT IT WOULD BECOME!

Burn in hell FKA for what you've done

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:34 pm

fka wrote:I already said i didnt order the ppv

You say you didn't order this event.

What about other UFC ppv events??? You post about ordering/watching ppv events on a regular basis. That's fine if you do but be honest.

If you order/support UFC you are against mma and want it destroyed. Zuffa is a company that is trying to alter and damage mma every chance they get.

Are you for mma or against it?

There is no grey area here. People that care about mma don't support Zuffa. People that like cage fighting and what Zuffa is doing financially support them.

MMA-politically opposed to Zuffa: http://www.global-mma.com/

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:35 pm

fka wrote:

You have lost the discussion already on every level if this is what you have to resort too.

Have a great day.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Since when do they make canned cheese?

Maybe I'd like me some of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Spray cheese comes in a can....

Peretti your hilarious....

I do buy ppvs i want to watch...the ufc put on 2 or 3 actually good cards....last night wasnt one of them...

Ive REPEATEDLY said i will watch ppvs i feel are worthy in which case i openly discuss it....and i dont watch ppvs i dont feel are worthy in which case i openly say im not watching.

Im on this site so obviously i love mma ,im far from the only person who watches the ufc on this site...im the only one who is open.

Peretti your so busy spouting off the same old tired lines you come off as snobby and uppity.

You should use your time on zuffa zombies who hang from every word dana says..

Not a person who is a fan of all mma and had REPEATEDLY explained my position..you continually call me out in threads and talk down...you persecuted me in the past for my forum etiquette....then go against your own standards....

They should fire you as mod ...

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:59 pm

fka wrote:Bellator was a great event....but you probly missed it with your nose up in the air!!lmfao

P4p worst mod ever

Well that's the problem FKA. You can't like Bellator anymore because Scott Coker is now there and they have a cage.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Red on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:35 pm

fka wrote:I would fuck her but i wouldn't catch feelings lol

^ "kiss me, fka"

"Help am in Indonesia, lost debit card & cannot contact you via phone line - please help: 1danielfletcher@gmail.com thank you." - Fletch
Aunt Red

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Aunt Red wrote:
fka wrote:I would fuck her but i wouldn't catch feelings lol

^ "kiss me, fka"

^^^ after the STD test.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Red on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:45 pm

ronda got that super siff

"Help am in Indonesia, lost debit card & cannot contact you via phone line - please help: 1danielfletcher@gmail.com thank you." - Fletch
Aunt Red

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:49 pm

fka wrote: i love mma ..

You can't love mma and support Zuffa.

Zuffa is doing everything they can to damage and destroy mma.

Maybe you've noticed right at the top of this site: MMA-politically opposed to Zuffa

You can enjoy Zuffa mma all you want. You want things both ways though when it's impossible. Loving mma and supporting Zuffa don't go together.

As far as the Bellator card from friday, I watched it and thought the main event was good. I'm a fan of both McGeary and Newton.

MMA-politically opposed to Zuffa: http://www.global-mma.com/
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:02 pm

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:

If you order/support UFC you are against mma and want it destroyed. Zuffa is a company that is trying to alter and damage mma every chance they get.

Are you for mma or against it?

There is no grey area here. People that care about mma don't support Zuffa. People that like cage fighting and what Zuffa is doing financially support them.

Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum