Bellator 131 Fighter Salaries

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bellator 131 Fighter Salaries

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Tito Ortiz: $300,000
def. Stephan Bonnar: $100,000

Will Brooks: $62,000 (includes $31,000 win bonus)
def. Michael Chandler: $25,000

Joe Schilling: $25,000
def. Melvin Manhoef: $10,000

Mike Richman: $30,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Nam Phan: $5,600

Muhammed Lawal: $10,000
def. Joe Vedepo: $10,000

Joao Faria: $5,000 (includes $2,500 win bonus)
def. Ian Butler: $1,500

A.J. Matthews: $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus)
def. Kyle Bolt: $2,000

Jonathan Santa Maria: $4,000 (includes $2,000 win bonus)
def. Ron Henderson: $2,000

Andy Murad: $8,000 (includes $4,000 win bonus)
def. Bubba Pugh: $2,000

Nicolas Garcia: $8,000 (includes $4,000 win bonus)
def. Matthew Ramirez: $2,000

Jordan Bailey: $5,000 (includes $2,500 win bonus)
def. Alex Higley: $1,500

Rolando Perez: $2,000
def. Mark Vorgeas: $2,000

Bellator 131 Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $632,600

http://www.mmaweekly.com/bellator-131-fighter-salaries-tito-ortiz-is-the-300000-man#

Poor King Mo and Melvin.
If true why is King Mo fighting?
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 131 Fighter Salaries

Post by Audax on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:08 pm

All North American based MMA is still garbage pay the fighters, doesn't matter what organization they're in. It's sad.
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagwood on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:27 pm

AudaxSynth wrote:All North American based MMA is still garbage pay the fighters, doesn't matter what organization they're in. It's sad.

It's all about economies of scale. YOu can't expect 3A baseball clubs selling 1000 tickets a game with local TV & radio contracts to dole of $325M contracts like the huge revenue MLB clubs can.

The UFC has 10X at least the revenues of the UFC. $500M-$600M in 2013. The real measure is what is a fair percentage/portion of the revenue pie do the fighter in aggregate get. In major league sports the number is around 50%. In the UFC I think realistically it is maybe 10% of gross revenue. That is completely unfair. As for Bellator in reaction to their revenue, they are much much much much more fair with their payouts. Maybe even high with the top few fights on the last card.

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Nice breakdown dag and I agree bellator isn't even gaining ppv revenue let alone making sponsors PAY to sponsor their fighters.

Bellator pay grade isn't fantastic but its pretty fair when broken down.

Once the company establishes its new identity fully and gets a few shows under their new vision they will start bumping pay and of course the guys who pull fans will be compensated like Tito was.

My real thought here is I bet Tito vs rampage is next and when this fight happens do you see it breaking the new record?

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Dagwood nailed it. I can forgive Bellator but for what the UFC is billing itself as, it's inexcusable.
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:55 pm

Dagwood wrote:
AudaxSynth wrote:All North American based MMA is still garbage pay the fighters, doesn't matter what organization they're in. It's sad.

It's all about economies of scale. YOu can't expect 3A baseball clubs selling 1000 tickets a game with local TV & radio contracts to dole of $325M contracts like the huge revenue MLB clubs can.

The UFC has 10X at least the revenues of the UFC. $500M-$600M in 2013. The real measure is what is a fair percentage/portion of the revenue pie do the fighter in aggregate get. In major league sports the number is around 50%. In the UFC I think realistically it is maybe 10% of gross revenue. That is completely unfair. As for Bellator in reaction to their revenue, they are much much much much more fair with their payouts. Maybe even high with the top few fights on the last card.

I think there's probably some truth to this, but there's also the issue of so-called 'industry standards'. Companies determine pay in large part on the basis of what the 'standard' rate of pay is in their field of business. Under capitalism, pay generally has less to do with a 'fair' division of the revenues, more to do with what is the minimum that the company can get away with paying. 'Minimizing labor costs' is pretty much one of the most straightforward ways to increase profits.

The UFC, as 'industry leader', is that who is most responsible for setting the 'industry standard' in terms of fighter pay. Nonetheless, I do think the pay will gradually rise, if Bellator continues to be successful. The more competitive they become with the UFC--for one thing--the more competitive fighter pay should become, which should benefit all fighters. Also, as they continue to grow, assuming it is their desire to attract and retain better and better fighters, pay should hopefully increase.

Still, Viacom is a giant monopoly capitalist enterprise. Their driving impetus is to make a profit. Unfortunately, there is no collective bargaining on the part of fighters, which is another means by which pay could be increased. Hopefully 'market forces', and perhaps their 'strategic outlook', will indeed see to a gradual increase in pay. It is though too early to criticize, given that they are still in the early part of their struggle with Zuffa. This success could indicate very positive potential moves on the horizon. If Bellator continues to be successful, the chronic underpaying of fighters on the part of Zuffa could be a significant strategic opportunity to Bellator to obtain top fighters, merely by paying more. (This should in turn force Zuffa to pay more. Barring any mitigating collusion between Zuffa and Bellator--which is not unlikely to occur--this could lead to a 'virtuous cycle' of rising pay.) That is a fairly likely situation, which would also be a very positive result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 pm

nodogoshi wrote:
I think there's probably some truth to this, but there's also the issue of so-called 'industry standards'. Companies determine pay in large part on the basis of what the 'standard' rate of pay is in their field of business. Under capitalism, pay generally has less to do with a 'fair' division of the revenues, more to do with what is the minimum that the company can get away with paying. 'Minimizing labor costs' is pretty much one of the most straightforward ways to increase profits.

The UFC, as 'industry leader', is that who is most responsible for setting the 'industry standard' in terms of fighter pay. Nonetheless, I do think the pay will gradually rise, if Bellator continues to be successful. The more competitive they become with the UFC--for one thing--the more competitive fighter pay should become, which should benefit all fighters. Also, as they continue to grow, assuming it is their desire to attract and retain better and better fighters, pay should hopefully increase.

Still, Viacom is a giant monopoly capitalist enterprise. Their driving impetus is to make a profit. Unfortunately, there is no collective bargaining on the part of fighters, which is another means by which pay could be increased. Hopefully 'market forces', and perhaps their 'strategic outlook', will indeed see to a gradual increase in pay. It is though too early to criticize, given that they are still in the early part of their struggle with Zuffa. This success could indicate very positive potential moves on the horizon. If Bellator continues to be successful, the chronic underpaying of fighters on the part of Zuffa could be a significant strategic opportunity to Bellator to obtain top fighters, merely by paying more. (This should in turn force Zuffa to pay more. Barring any mitigating collusion between Zuffa and Bellator--which is not unlikely to occur--this could lead to a 'virtuous cycle' of rising pay.) That is a fairly likely situation, which would also be a very positive result.

EXACTLY. The question is, as BELLAFORCE gets bigger, will they start upping their pay in an effort to attract and retain top fighters? As long as the UFC is keeping pay low, BELLAFORCE will have every excuse to not pay their fighters any extra and keep the extra profits for themselves. If BELLAFORCE does up its pay it will only be to compete with the UFC.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum