UFC 181: Hendricks vs. Lawler 2 (Official Discussion)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: UFC 181: Hendricks vs. Lawler 2 (Official Discussion)

Post by fka on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Nice bulldog choke put smith to sleep literally at the buzzer.

Smile

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Anderson vs jones was a decent fight nothing really noteworthy anderson technically outpointed and out grappled a guy who fights mw ad took the figt short notice....

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:26 am

i was right about 3 wrong about one
i didnt see the main event some are saying johnny was robbed others are saying he tried to cost to a decision and was wall and staling i have to congrat pettis 1st guy to finish gil though i wanted gil to win i still think pettis is cocky
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Didn't watch, but I see in the news that Lawler won. Which doesn't mean anything because you have to win twice to be a champion in the UFC. The UFC is so boring and predictable.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Im glad lawler won but no way did he actually win that fight unless the rounds he won were 10-8 rounds.

Lawler turned it up late in the fight but he also took a round off and imo lost.

Oh and fuck pettis hes a great fighter but a cocky douche.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:16 pm

Also, if you don't want "controversial" decisions then don't use the 10 point must system.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:18 pm

Hamilcar wrote:Also, if you don't want "controversial" decisions then don't use the 10 point must system.

they should know by now that it doesn't work pride scoring system was the best it was by no means perfect but it was a lot better than what we have now
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:21 pm

More like get judges who know what mma is lmao

Seems like all they took into account was the last round lmao

Im actually thinking of getting my amateur judge license....400$ for the class in southern California.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:10 am

fka wrote:Im glad lawler won but no way did he actually win that fight unless the rounds he won were 10-8 rounds.

Lawler turned it up late in the fight but he also took a round off and imo lost.

Oh and fuck pettis hes a great fighter but a cocky douche.

You must have been sipping on too much of Joe Rogan's cool aide during the fight.

I had Lawler the clear winner of rounds 1, 4, and 5.

I had the fight a draw going into the 5th round, and Lawler dominated it. Round 3 was the only clear round for Hendricks. Round 2 could have gone to Lawler (hence the one judge who had it 4-1 Lawler).

Lawler is a better fighter than Hendricks by a long shot. Lawler just didn't match him in the conditioning department the first time. He seems to have improved that this time around. If the fight another rematch, the result will be still worse for Hendricks. Lawler will probably knock him out.

One would hope at least that as champion now, Lawler will have the opportunity to attain still better training and nutritional means, and will be even better prepared for a rematch. He's fought Hendricks twice, and I think he would likely be able to put him away in a third fight. Lawler is just a better fighter.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:17 am

Hamilcar wrote:Also, if you don't want "controversial" decisions then don't use the 10 point must system.

The 10-point must system is absolutely horrible for MMA, and is the main root of the problem. In boxing, you get crooked judging. In MMA, you have a horrible system, and sometimes you have incompetence in the implementation of this dreadful system. The system is still dreadful, whether you have the best judges or the worst ones.

But morons who feel like they need to defend unified rules MMA always seek to flip the script and simply blame the judges.

fka wrote:More like get judges who know what mma is lmao

Seems like all they took into account was the last round lmao

Im actually thinking of getting my amateur judge license....400$ for the class in southern California.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:16 am

Here's my breakdown of the so-called 'controversial fourth round' (so-called by people who don't know shit about controversy when it comes to prize fighting scoring).

Minute 1: Lawler is stalking. Hendricks is retreating. Lawler landing a few little shots here and there. Hendricks lands a couple jabs and a couple leg kicks. The idiotic Joe Rogan says something stupid again in "Robbie Lawler is just frozen in front of him, and you've got to wonder." All the while as Lawler stalks, but his tactic is completely lost on the Fear Factor idiot. Hendricks dives for another takedown, which is successfully defended.

Minute 2: Hendricks using the double leg position against the fence to stall. Lawler defending, and working in some strikes. Ref restart. The fighters landing relatively unmeaningful strikes. Lawler able to land a right hand. Hendricks a couple pitter patters. Rogan continuing to be an embarrassment and tooting Hendricks' horn, as he does nothing meaningful. Lawler still moving forward and stalking. Hendricks still backpeddling.

-So far it is pretty much an even contest for the round-

Minute 3: Lawler with a big high kick. It was just a grazing shot. But it made some impact. Mostly blocked. Lawler becoming aggressive. Landing with knees. Hendricks a few more pitter patters. Don't really get through Lawler's guard. Lawler answers with some stay busy jabs. Hendricks swing and a miss. Lawler stalking again now. Hendricks throwing, but not hitting. Lawler lands a lead left cross. Hendricks a little leg kick. A couple little left hands. Nothing too meaningful. But it's a tight contest still.

Minute 4: Lawler attempts another high kick. It's blocked/evaded. But Lawler is keeping him honest. Effective aggression is one of the key scoring criteria. They trade some small shots. Hendricks gets a single leg takedown. He hasn't finished the takedown. Lawler is still defending. Technically, in college rules, he hasn't even scored 2-points yet. Now he's stalling again. 50/50 position with Lawler on his butt. No advantage has been attained yet. Lawler back on his feet. Lawler lands a decent punch as Hendricks rises. Lawler with a combo to the head and the body. Lawler lands a solid right jab, and just misses with the follow-up left cross.

Minute 5: Hendricks moving back. Looks tired. Breathing through his mouth. He tries a little combo which has no effect on Lawler. Lawler pushing forward. Hendricks goes for another single, as Joe Rogan says another stupid thing. Hendricks with his head between Lawler's legs. Stalling once again. Hendricks has nothing, as he switches to a double and goes to his knees; while Lawler sprawls effectively while on the fence, and throws some punches. Now some elbows. Lawler is now putting on the most significant damage of the round.

The idiotic Joe Rogan even isn't too blind to acknowledge, "these are big shots by Lawler", as the horn sounds to end the round.

A clear round for Lawler.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:52 am

i gave the fight to lawler  amazing 1st time the judges got the dec right and they still bitch about it people flip flop when it comes to mma dec one fight they say fighter b should of won he was looking for a fight being aggresive outstruck and near threaten with a sub all fighter a did was take him down and tried to stall then they flip when it comes to another fight
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Actually i watch all ufc events on mute with music blaring....

I had a full house (around 30-45 people)and it was pretty split as to who people thought won ....

Rubber match will tell the tale. ..

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Actually i watch all ufc events on mute with music blaring....

I had a full house (around 30-45 people)and it was pretty split as to who people thought won ....

Rubber match will tell the tale. ..

Btw im not a moron because i have a different opinion ....

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Its pretty much 50-50 on who people thought won on pretty much every site ive been on i mean it was a SPLIT decision lmfao.

Whats hilarious is tito got paid more to fight with bonnar then either of these 2 fighting for a title in the UFC. Smile

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:51 am

fka wrote:
Its pretty much 50-50 on who people thought won on pretty much every site ive been on i mean it was a SPLIT decision lmfao.

Whats hilarious is tito got paid more to fight with bonnar then either of these 2 fighting for a title in the UFC. Smile

A split decision is what occurs when one judge gets it wrong, basically.

The only thing which is debatable is the 4th round and second rounds, pretty much. I gave my full breakdown of the 4th round. Lawler definitely won it, in my mind. With that, he absolutely won the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:17 am

nodogoshi wrote:Here's my breakdown of the so-called 'controversial fourth round' (so-called by people who don't know shit about controversy when it comes to prize fighting scoring).

Minute 1: Lawler is stalking. Hendricks is retreating. Lawler landing a few little shots here and there. Hendricks lands a couple jabs and a couple leg kicks. The idiotic Joe Rogan says something stupid again in "Robbie Lawler is just frozen in front of him, and you've got to wonder." All the while as Lawler stalks, but his tactic is completely lost on the Fear Factor idiot. Hendricks dives for another takedown, which is successfully defended.

Minute 2: Hendricks using the double leg position against the fence to stall. Lawler defending, and working in some strikes. Ref restart. The fighters landing relatively unmeaningful strikes. Lawler able to land a right hand. Hendricks a couple pitter patters. Rogan continuing to be an embarrassment and tooting Hendricks' horn, as he does nothing meaningful. Lawler still moving forward and stalking. Hendricks still backpeddling.

-So far it is pretty much an even contest for the round-

Minute 3: Lawler with a big high kick. It was just a grazing shot. But it made some impact. Mostly blocked. Lawler becoming aggressive. Landing with knees. Hendricks a few more pitter patters. Don't really get through Lawler's guard. Lawler answers with some stay busy jabs. Hendricks swing and a miss. Lawler stalking again now. Hendricks throwing, but not hitting. Lawler lands a lead left cross. Hendricks a little leg kick. A couple little left hands. Nothing too meaningful. But it's a tight contest still.

Minute 4: Lawler attempts another high kick. It's blocked/evaded. But Lawler is keeping him honest. Effective aggression is one of the key scoring criteria. They trade some small shots. Hendricks gets a single leg takedown. He hasn't finished the takedown. Lawler is still defending. Technically, in college rules, he hasn't even scored 2-points yet. Now he's stalling again. 50/50 position with Lawler on his butt. No advantage has been attained yet. Lawler back on his feet. Lawler lands a decent punch as Hendricks rises. Lawler with a combo to the head and the body. Lawler lands a solid right jab, and just misses with the follow-up left cross.

Minute 5: Hendricks moving back. Looks tired. Breathing through his mouth. He tries a little combo which has no effect on Lawler. Lawler pushing forward. Hendricks goes for another single, as Joe Rogan says another stupid thing. Hendricks with his head between Lawler's legs. Stalling once again. Hendricks has nothing, as he switches to a double and goes to his knees; while Lawler sprawls effectively while on the fence, and throws some punches. Now some elbows. Lawler is now putting on the most significant damage of the round.

The idiotic Joe Rogan even isn't too blind to acknowledge, "these are big shots by Lawler", as the horn sounds to end the round.

A clear round for Lawler.

i agree with dec I gave lawler 1,4,5 and your joe rogan is a biased arse hole he does that all time
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:06 pm

One judge got it wrong. ...i agree

Just which judge and or judges?

Depending on your view it differs....

Throughout the mma galaxy its a divide as to who thought who won.

Even fighers are split ...

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:27 am

fka wrote:One judge got it wrong. ...i agree

Just which judge and or judges?

Depending on your view it differs....

Throughout the mma galaxy its a divide as to who thought who won.

Even fighers are split ...

As far as I'm concerned, I gave a good breakdown of the round.

Unless you can show me where my breakdown is wrong, I don't put credence in the claims that Hendricks won.

Like I said, those who would say this is controversial don't understand the meaning of 'controversy' when it comes to fight scoring, imo.

True, it basically just means that people debate it. But in practice, it typically refers to an awful decision, or at least one that is extremely questionable. This was neither.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum