looks like Putin LOL

Back to top Go down

Re: Ethnic Ukranian fighter from eastern Ukraine

Post by Dagwood on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:02 pm

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rezin on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:58 am

Yup. The Russians are openly proud of their president, where most other nations despise their country's
political class. By the way I think (but are not sure) that he's ethnic Russian born in Ukraine.

- Ikuhisa Minowa. 1976 - infinity
rezin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagwood on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:38 am

rezin wrote:Yup. The Russians are openly proud of their president, where most other nations despise their country's
political class. By the way I think (but are not sure) that he's ethnic Russian born in Ukraine.

Where I am in Canada close to 15% of the population is of Ukrainian heritage. There was a huge influx here of grain farming immigrants fleeing the murderous communist takeover in their homeland prior to WWI. Their land and property was confiscated and their fighting-aged men were typically executed and buried in the fields next to their homes, many in front of their families.

The last names Oleinik, Oleniuk, Oliynyk show up a fair bit with Ukrainian-Canadians. I know 3. Alexey's wiki page seems to agree with this.

I am quite sure that Fedor is ethnic-Ukrainian along with being born in UkrainianSSR. He's said that he still has many relatives & friends that live in eastern Ukraine. Some have had to flee UKR army shelling and shooting aimed at eastern UKR civilian areas. Some estimates at 1M fleeing into Russia with thousands of Ukrainian citizen civilians dead at the hands of their own government forces. Fedor says even though his friends and relatives are ethnic UKR, they distrust the ultra-nationalist to fascist to neo-nazi fringe element that they witnessed viloently over throwing the Ukrainian Kiev government. They saw many of these very radical leaders being inserted into key positions in the new unelected government including the heads of Ukrainian intelligence and Ukrainian armed forces.

I've seen comments from ethnic Ukrainian Igor Vovchanchyn, who lives in the eastern UKR war zone, inferring some of the same sentiment as Fedor's family.

It's quite telling that these 3 ethnic Ukrainians do not buy Kiev's line that the mainstream western media beats into peoples heads here everyday. Most ethnic Ukrainians & ethnic Russians in eastern Ukraine do not want much to do with the 'real' element that is calling the shots now in Kiev. They for sure want nothing to do with the EU as they are completely dependent on trade with Russia. The culture and language there is so tied to Russia the link in unbreakable. Not so much with Kiev, the west, and NATO.

Crimeans are not rioting anywhere. Things have remained completely stable there. There aren't even any small groups of resistors taking up arms to fight the evil expanding Russian expanding empire there. That's quite telling as Crimeans too witnessed an alarming radical shift in Kiev and it would seem voted to have nothing to do with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:51 am

I think, Dagwood, you meant during/after WW1, insofar as the Communist revolution in Russia (the first Revolution occurred in 1905, on the heels of the Russo-Japanese War. It was defeated, but was a precursor to the successful revolution of 1917, which also led to Russsia's exit from WW1).

From what I understand, the East-West divide in Ukraine is quite real. I don't think it's a matter of 'ethnicity' as much. I think that there are those idealists in West Ukraine, who think that selling out to the so-called 'West' will create Paris in Kiev. They are misguided. And they've been completely hijacked by true fascists, which include among themselves true neo-Nazis. And moreover, there is a real war going on in the East of Ukraine, between the farcical government in Kiev, which ascended to power in a 'Western'-backed coup, and the citizenry who do not intend to relent to this farcical political state.

So, he is probably ethnic Ukrainian, as you say. But to make that out as something special, almost reads as insinuation that it is unique, as though it is mostly ethnic-Russians living in East Ukraine, who are actively opposing the fascist government in Kiev.

I know that wasn't your intention. Actually, your OP was fine, as was your follow up. I just wanted to try to interject a few of my own perceptions, and perhaps contribute to clarifying a couple aspects.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagwood on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Nice post to my nice post nodo.

I misspoke, I meant to say before the 'end' of WWI... i.e. - 1917.

My grandmother on my mother's side was forced to flee persecution and dire economic conditions in the southern Russia's Volgograd region sometime between 1907-1910 where they were ethic-Germans living in ethic-German farming settlements.

We need to have more discussion you and I and rezin on this type of subject matter. Hopefully others will join in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagwood on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Deadanimal wrote:Is that a picture of Putin or Fedor on the shirt ? cant tell the difference lol

What do the Chechen & other Southern Russian Muslims think about Ukraine?

Of course those regions have big issues with Putin & Moscow but... if the US, EU, western banks, EURO, NATO and US nuclear missiles move right to Russia's border... that is not good for them. All those guys are at war with every type of Islam. What would happen if there was a Muslim separatist insurrection in a new EU/NATO country??? LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by rezin on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Dagwood wrote:
We need to have more discussion you and I and rezin on this type of subject matter. Hopefully others will join in.

Let's get this party started. I'll bring the rakia.

- Ikuhisa Minowa. 1976 - infinity
rezin

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Dagwood wrote:
rezin wrote:Yup. The Russians are openly proud of their president, where most other nations despise their country's

Where I am in Canada close to 15% of the population is of Ukrainian heritage. There was a huge influx here of grain farming immigrants fleeing the murderous communist takeover in their homeland prior to WWI. Their land and property was confiscated and their fighting-aged men were typically executed and buried in the fields next to their homes, many in front of their families.

The last names Oleinik, Oleniuk, Oliynyk show up a fair bit with Ukrainian-Canadians. I know 3. Alexey's wiki page seems to agree with this.

I am quite sure that Fedor is ethnic-Ukrainian along with being born in UkrainianSSR. He's said that he still has many relatives & friends that live in eastern Ukraine. Some have had to flee UKR army shelling and shooting aimed at eastern UKR civilian areas. Some estimates at 1M fleeing into Russia with thousands of Ukrainian citizen civilians dead at the hands of their own government forces. Fedor says even though his friends and relatives are ethnic UKR, they distrust the ultra-nationalist to fascist to neo-nazi fringe element that they witnessed viloently over throwing the Ukrainian Kiev government. They saw many of these very radical leaders being inserted into key positions in the new unelected government including the heads of Ukrainian intelligence and Ukrainian armed forces.

I've seen comments from ethnic Ukrainian Igor Vovchanchyn, who lives in the eastern UKR war zone, inferring some of the same sentiment as Fedor's family.

It's quite telling that these 3 ethnic Ukrainians do not buy Kiev's line that the mainstream western media beats into peoples heads here everyday. Most ethnic Ukrainians & ethnic Russians in eastern Ukraine do not want much to do with the 'real' element that is calling the shots now in Kiev. They for sure want nothing to do with the EU as they are completely dependent on trade with Russia. The culture and language there is so tied to Russia the link in unbreakable. Not so much with Kiev, the west, and NATO.

Crimeans are not rioting anywhere. Things have remained completely stable there. There aren't even any small groups of resistors taking up arms to fight the evil expanding Russian expanding empire there. That's quite telling as Crimeans too witnessed an alarming radical shift in Kiev and it would seem voted to have nothing to do with it.

Plus, oil and natural gas motives.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum