Recommend an MMA Podcast (Sick of Luke Thomas)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recommend an MMA Podcast (Sick of Luke Thomas)

Post by Hamilcar on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:50 pm

I am looking for a different MMA podcast to listen to while I work.  I am sick of the pretentious Luke Thomas and his Promotional Malpractice podcast.  The guy, for the most part, really knows his stuff about MMA.  He knows the sport inside and out.  But the guy is so annoyingly pretentious!  I was listening to him today answer a question about how he recommends MMA to friends.  Luke spits out, "I don't recommend MMA to friends anymore."  Fine.  But MMA IS YOUR SPORT AND JOB!  He continually refers to ball sports as REAL sports (Really? Are you that dumb, Luke Thomas?  There is more fakery, flopping and game rigging in ball sports than there are in combat sports BY FAR! [Ref's Don't Matter: The Fix is In]).  During the last World Cup, I have seen him deliberately and rapidly transform himself into a ball sports fan just for the sake of his pretentiousness.  Further, the guy is too smart-dumb to see collusion between the UFC and WSOF and completely ignorant of the fact that the Fertitta's are mobsters.  Also, the guy never talks about non-American MMA orgs.  He definitely knows about them.  He is an old time MMA fan like you guys.  But he never talks about them making him irrelevant to me.
But the biggest thing that bugs me about Luke Thomas is how easily over-awed he is and how he wishes to awe others.  "Oh my GOD!  The UFC is SOOOOOOOO BIG!  Do you know how much money they make?  MILLIONS.  MILLIONS!  The UFC makes so much money that..." and he just goes on like that.  Also his snapping habit is extremely nerve racking.
So why do I listen to the guy.  Because I need to listen to something while I work (and not music).  Luke Thomas' MMA analysis is good.  It is legit, but the guy is too pretentious and annoying for me to continue to listen to him.  So I am asking you guys to start throwing MMA podcasts at me.  Whatever you like, I will check it out!  

For the sake of making a wish list, here is my dream MMA podcast criteria:
(Note: I already listen to The Co-Main Event Podcast and No Holds Barred.  Keep up the good work, Mr. Goldman!)
1. It must be at least an hour long.  Longer is better. Remember, I listen to this while I work. I don't like having to search for something else to listen to every half-hour.
2. No guests. Fighters, for the most part, are boring and juvenile and have no idea how to do an interview.
3. Strong analysis. I like intelligent discussion.  Something who truly understands the sport.
4. Global-MMA The UFC is boring and I can find people talking about it everywhere.  I would rather expand my knowledge about the sport and fighters outside of North America and Brazil.

So, that's it!  That is just a wish list, so send me whatever you like!

Last edited by Hamilcar on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Re: Recommend an MMA Podcast (Sick of Luke Thomas)

Post by wekka on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:04 pm

Sounds like we need to start our own radio show.
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:45 am

wekka wrote:Sounds like we need to start our own radio show.

honestly guys! no joke go for it!

If you could cover kickboxing and grappling events too I'd love to hear your opinions

Smile

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:27 am

Eddie Goldman is the only legit podcast I can think of but you already listen to him.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pea Is My Mom on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:49 am

We toyed around with the idea of a podcast on GTT once...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:00 pm

stu3ufc wrote:

honestly guys! no joke go for it!

If you could cover kickboxing and grappling events too I'd love to hear your opinions

Smile

The Global-MMA podcast should be a thing. But I can't be a volunteer at the moment. Just don't got the time for it right now. If I did do it, it would just be an unscripted, unedited recording of just me talking. Probably not a good thing.

I was expecting this thread to become posts of lists of MMA podcasts. Show me what you listen to, guys!
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:33 pm

I listen to Rich Bergeron podcast http://fightradio.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:15 am

I think I know someone Who willing be interested to do round table but asking him if he is in.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum