Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:48 am



President and Vice President of the legendary, now-defunct Japanese Pride FC organization will be guests at KSW 29: Reload in Krakow.  After the event Sakakibara and Shinoda will meet with the owners of KSW
to discuss cooperation and possible organization of major MMA events together.

The visit also coincide with the Paul Nastula fight, who Sakakibara and Shinoda in 2005 convinced to compete in MMA. The legendary judoka fought in PRIDE Fighting Championship in four memorable fights and forever enrolled in the history of Polish MMA.

http://www.mmarocks.pl/ksw-29/szefowie-pride-fc-obejrza-na-zywo-gale-ksw-29-w-krakowie
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by westcott123 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:23 am

well if he does ksw need to go back to the ring ksw switching to a cage is like the ufc switching to a ring it is n ot the same
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1325
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:26 am

westcott123 wrote:well if  he does ksw need to go back to the ring ksw switching to a cage is like the ufc switching to a ring it is n ot the same
This is the real KSW

avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by westcott123 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:40 am

that is the real ksw if only they can be convinced to go back to a ring i hope they do this is an awesome org though i cant say the name i cant speak polish it is an awesome org
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1325
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by CDF47 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:20 am

Hope to see Sakakibara re-create a PRIDE like org. in Japan and work with KSW with the ring. KSW in a cage is not KSW, it's just another cage org.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11454
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by westcott123 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:31 am

CDF47 wrote:Hope to see Sakakibara re-create a PRIDE like org. in Japan and work with KSW with the ring.  KSW in a cage is not KSW, it's just another cage org.


exactly that the reason why jmma was so popular because it was so different to what is in the states
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1325
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by CDF47 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:37 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Hope to see Sakakibara re-create a PRIDE like org. in Japan and work with KSW with the ring.  KSW in a cage is not KSW, it's just another cage org.


exactly that the reason why  jmma was so popular because it was so different to what is in the states

Yeah, most of the orgs. now are cage orgs under unified rules. The sport is really missing a big JMMA ring org. with PRIDE rules. There is IGF but they need to step up there roster and hold a few more shows a year.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11454
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by westcott123 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:10 pm

CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Hope to see Sakakibara re-create a PRIDE like org. in Japan and work with KSW with the ring.  KSW in a cage is not KSW, it's just another cage org.


exactly that the reason why  jmma was so popular because it was so different to what is in the states

Yeah, most of the orgs. now are cage orgs under unified rules.  The sport is really missing a big JMMA ring org. with PRIDE rules.  There is IGF but they need to step up there roster and hold a few more shows a year.

well i hope the igf mma brand can get big hopefully within the next few years they can start growing their rooster correct me if iam wrong igf has openweight and light weight right or just openweight
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1325
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by wekka on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:31 pm

IGF is purely Openweight and Lightweight for now. Very similar to how Pride was just Heavyweight and Middleweight in the beginning, so obviously this could work. Heavyweight is looking decent but there's absolutely no depth to lightweight.

2015 is going to be a very important year for IGF and hopefully they clarify some things come NYE. I'm hoping they abandon puro and just go straight shoot from this point forward. Help hook some guys up with NJPW or AJPW, otherwise let the rest test their bushido.
avatar
wekka

Location : Half-Breed/Georgia
Age : 27
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by westcott123 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:10 am

wekka wrote:IGF is purely Openweight and Lightweight for now. Very similar to how Pride was just Heavyweight and Middleweight in the beginning,  so obviously this could work. Heavyweight is looking decent but there's absolutely no depth to lightweight.

2015 is going to be a very important year for IGF and hopefully they clarify some things come NYE. I'm hoping they abandon puro and just go straight shoot from this point forward. Help hook some guys up with NJPW or AJPW, otherwise let the rest test their bushido.

cool hopefully they can grow their  brand to like super heights it be cool for me at least if they did a tournement like k1 did back then it will make winning the belt more special


Last edited by westcott123 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1325
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by wekka on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:12 am

They did start an openweight tournament set to finish at the upcoming show, albeit with rather mediocre talent outside of Oban, but it seems like it's a very distinct possibility in the near future.
avatar
wekka

Location : Half-Breed/Georgia
Age : 27
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride FC president Sakakibara wants to work with KSW

Post by westcott123 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:40 am

wekka wrote:They did start an openweight tournament set to finish at the upcoming show, albeit with rather mediocre talent outside of Oban, but it seems like it's a very distinct possibility in the near future.

hope fully they can build of from that
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1325
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum