Alberto Del Rio to sign with Bellator?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alberto Del Rio to sign with Bellator?

Post by fka on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:04 pm

The UFC has signed CM Punk, and Bellator MMA might be on the verge of signing its own former WWE star.

Bellator president Scott Coker told MMA Fighting on Monday that his organization has been in negotiations with former WWE standout Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio, whose real name is Jose Rodriguez, fought in MMA for nine years, including a pair of bouts with PRIDE.

"I think that we did reach out," Coker said. "I'm not sure where that is and by no means is it in the 11th hour, but I know there's some dialogue going on."

Rodriguez, who competed in MMA under the name Dos Caras, Jr., has a notable head kick knockout loss to Mirko Cro Cop at PRIDE Bushido 1 in 2003 on his record. Rodriguez trained under Marcos Ruas and went 9-5 in his mixed martial arts career between 2001 and 2010. Seven of his nine career victories came via submission.

Rodriguez, 37, is 6-foot-5 and more than 230 pounds, so he would likely compete in either the heavyweight or light heavyweight division.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/23/7438867/bellator-in-talks-with-former-wwe-star-alberto-del-rio

It appears they are in light discussions about a possible stint in bellator.

Honestly this guy actually FOUGHT mma for years appearing in pride as DAS CARAS JR hes on crocops highlight ko reel wearing a luchador mask.

Hes trained by Marco ruas this isnt another wwe guy TRYING mma,he has legit skill unlike an untested cm fucking punk.

What's ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS is all the zuffa fans are saying bellator is copying ufc ....except bellator is actually picking up FIGHTERS not PERSONALITIES....

Id be up for das caras return to mma in bellator hw division...

Any thoughts????
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alberto Del Rio to sign with Bellator?

Post by God of Thunder on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Dos Caras Jr shits all over DJ Punk
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RussianTopTeam on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:21 am

cool that Bellator are interested in him but lets be realistic, who is he gonna face? and what skills does he bring to the table??? Wrasslin alone won't win you fights unless you are looking to be the next Nyquil spokesperson.

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:05 pm

Honestly! Is the talent pool that fucking thin they have to bring this guy in

LOL

come on now

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:32 am

Guess you missed the part about fighting professionally for 9 years and being trained by marco ruas....

Hes not just a wwe wrestler lol he fought before he was a luchador.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:33 am

He has 7 sub victories he obviously has grappling and some ok standup.

He wont headline bit he coukd create a buzz which is what bellator is about hype and promotion

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:24 am

Bet Stu didn't have a problem when Del Rio was fighting in PRIDE while wearing his Dos Caras Jr. mask.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:03 am

WWE own Alberto Del Rio ring name.He has greece wrestling background .He would have gone to Olympic but Mexico lack of fund for wrestling in late 1990.His Dad is famous Lucha libre pro wrestler in Mexico .

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:06 am

I dont care about Dos Caras coming to Bellator. Does nothing for me. He's old and really has nothing of interest to show me.

BUt when NA mma fans for YEARS shout in your face about pride being a freak show and now those douche bags wont even show their face. You know why? Because they are ALL gone! They hit the ROAD. The casual MMA fan is dead!!

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:44 am

iforgotmypassword wrote:I dont care about Dos Caras coming to Bellator. Does nothing for me. He's old and really has nothing of interest to show me.

BUt when NA mma fans for YEARS shout in your face about pride being a freak show and now those douche bags wont even show their face. You know why? Because they are ALL gone! They hit the ROAD. The casual MMA fan is dead!!
It is kind of strange of how they vanished . How many freak show fighters  did pride have really like what 5 or 6 . They acted like pride had a freak show fighter for every event . My favorite is them saying fedor fought freak shows like it was a common thing . He fought 2 guys i consider freak shows zulu who big nog also beat and choi hong man who beat semmy schilt {though i think semmy was robbed biased korean judges that right the fight was in korea not japan i don't know were people get biased japanese judges for this fight } It was in korea !!!!
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:31 am

I don't get why people keep saying that HMC fight was freak show? Guy who stands 2.18 m (7 ft 2 in) and weighs 160 kg (350 lb) and had decent kickboxing career and killed guy in 16sec in MMA. HMC was dangerous man at time! I think that most people see things like- He is giant but sucks, he is so bad that he lost to old CroCop and Minowaman so that was just freak show. But part people missed is that after Fedor fight, HMC had cancer lost a lot of weight and was never same.
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:36 pm

The only true freak show was Giant Silva. Good god, that guy sucked.
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:39 pm

LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC wrote:I don't get why people  keep saying that HMC fight was freak show?  Guy who stands 2.18 m (7 ft 2 in) and weighs 160 kg (350 lb) and had decent kickboxing career and killed guy in 16sec in MMA. HMC was dangerous man at time! I think that most people see things like- He is giant but sucks, he is so bad that he lost to old CroCop and Minowaman so that was just freak show.   But part people missed is that after Fedor fight, HMC had cancer lost a lot of weight and was never same.
I think most people consider him one was because he looked like one . That the thing though most of these "freak shows" have a martial art background eg hong man choi kickboxing ssriem ,emanuel yarrbourgh sumo , akebono sumo , butter bean boxing , zulu bjj vale tudo . so it is not like they had no background . Giant silva was a shitty fighter though  he was a basket ball Player and a pro wrestler  if i recall .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:47 pm

That's another thing people seem to gloss over. Pride utilized a ton of pro wrestlers early but outside of Silva, they had legitimate grappling backgrounds. I'm not entirely sure with Sugiura in Sengoku, but I'm sure the same could be said about him.
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:01 pm

all these pro wrestler rejects would get destroyed in the TOP KING WORLD SERIES

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum