kind depressing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

kind depressing

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:11 pm

No Dynamite again this year just another poor mans Inoki boo ya and a deep card thats going un noticed by all the zuffa shill media

great!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Re: kind depressing

Post by fka on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Agreed...nothing beats

DYNAMITE

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:02 pm

What did happen to dynamite anyway was it because feg went bankrupt ? or something ? . It sucks there is no  dynamite . Dynamite was an  awesome event .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:31 pm

stu3ufc wrote:No Dynamite again this year just another poor mans Inoki boo ya  and a deep card thats going un noticed by all the zuffa shill media

great!
The Deep card is the real Nye event.

It's a quality fight card.

And it's in Saitama Super Arena.

IGF was hybrid with Glory at Saitama Super Arena once a couple years back, after Dream had already died (I was there).

I watched the championship boxing card in Ota City, Tokyo last year. They're holding another such boxing card this year, with 3 title fights.

The IGF card is at Kokugikan, the sumo arena.

I was thinking of going to the IGF card, but only because it's just $30, and I wanted to bring a girl. But, I haven't found a girl who can go.

If I go to a card among the three (including the boxing card), I think I'll go to Deep.

But I might just sit it out this year. The Deep card is like $80 for the cheapest tickets, and the boxing tickets are probably $80-$100 (the cheap seats always sell out really quickly at this venue. I've been there several times, and have never got the cheap seats. No way I'll get them a week out. But you get what you pay for, and the more expensive seats are good seats).

However, I'm going to stay in Shanghai for a month in a couple months. So, I don't really feel like blowing a hundred bucks for either card (Deep or boxing). And I don't really want to sit through the pro wrestling. So, I'll probably just save my money. Maybe I'll try to see a fight in China (I don't know if I can, but it's a happy thought).

Last edited by nodogoshi on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:31 pm

westcott123 wrote:What did happen to dynamite anyway was it because feg went bankrupt ? or something ? . It sucks there is no  dynamite . Dynamite was an  awesome event .

Yes. The last Dynamite was in 2010 and FEG was bankrupt midway through 2011. They haven't had anything to do with the recent ones.

I agree. I didn't get into MMA until 2009 but it's still sad knowing the rich history of NYE Japanese combat sports only to see where it's at now.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by RussianTopTeam on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:19 am

no Fedor, no NYE card.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:03 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:What did happen to dynamite anyway was it because feg went bankrupt ? or something ? . It sucks there is no  dynamite . Dynamite was an  awesome event .

Yes. The last Dynamite was in 2010 and FEG was bankrupt midway through 2011. They haven't had anything to do with the recent ones.

I agree. I didn't get into MMA until 2009 but it's still sad knowing the rich history of NYE Japanese combat sports only to see where it's at now.

One promotion is dead. It is a loss. But New Years Eve is still the biggest night for combat sports in Japan. There are two big MMA cards (well, one MMA-Pro Wresling) as well as one big boxing card (with 3 title fights) in/around Tokyo. And there is one more big boxing card (with 2 title fights and which includes Guillermo Rigondeaux on the bill) in Osaka. All four cards are the biggest of the year for their respective promoters.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:31 am

nodogoshi wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

One promotion is dead. It is a loss. But New Years Eve is still the biggest night for combat sports in Japan. There are two big MMA cards (well, one MMA-Pro Wresling) as well as one big boxing card (with 3 title fights) in/around Tokyo. And there is one more big boxing card (with 2 title fights and which includes Guillermo Rigondeaux on the bill) in Osaka. All four cards are the biggest of the year for their respective promoters.
still the goat new years eve event was shockwave 2002 . I dream for the time jmma can get back to that
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:20 am

westcott123 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

still the goat new years eve event was shockwave 2002 . I dream for the time jmma can get back to that

The Chinese could get there.

http://www.56.com/u36/v_ODMyODU5NTM.html

This is the 2012 New Years Eve show by Wulinfen (武林风) (the only year I could find) (and the video quality also sucks).

Maybe they aren't there yet. But the theatrical stuff, and the rest, is really big in China. Perhaps from China.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:36 am

westcott123 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

There was no Shockwave 2002 at New Year's Eve. The 2002 edition was in August. The first NYE Shockwave was in 2003. I do agree about wishing JMMA could make a comeback.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

There was no Shockwave 2002 at New Year's Eve. The 2002 edition was in August. The first NYE Shockwave was in 2003. I do agree about wishing JMMA could make a comeback.
Typing error on my part . I meant to say shock wave 2005 in my opinion is the greatest new years eve event . Dynamite 2002 had the biggest attendence record ever  and still hasn't been broken .ufc biggest was around 50k
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:10 pm

Gotcha. I agree on both. 2005 was a great year for PRIDE. Also the UFC will never touch Shockwave 2002 numbers. At least not anytime soon.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:33 pm

If there is a way to get the DEEP NYE card through stream or ippv, you all should try to support it. Great fights and you won't see much cage hugging in DEEP cage events. ISAO/Yokota is one of the best fights in JMMA you'll see all year.

Either this will lead to bigger events in the future or this will be JMMA's last hurrah for awhile.
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:47 pm

I remember when I was a kid on new years all that was available was Ultimate New Year's Eve when SEG ran UFC.

Like 6 hours of fights. It was highlights/recap of the past year's events and unseen alternate matches.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:15 pm

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:I remember when I was a kid on new years all that was available was Ultimate New Year's Eve when SEG ran UFC.

Like 6 hours of fights. It was highlights/recap of the past year's events and unseen alternate matches.

I remember that as well.

My parents ordered it for me one year, and I had my friend over, and we watched it and beat each other up with pillows clasped in our hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:24 pm

http://mma-in-asia.com/region/japan/deep-dream-impact/
wekka

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum