The UFC is number 9 on Forbes' list with $100 million, and only has the WNBA ranked below them.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The UFC is number 9 on Forbes' list with $100 million, and only has the WNBA ranked below them.

Post by iforgotmypassword on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:06 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/21/7865169/forbes-blasts-ufc-conor-mcgregor-muhammad-ali

There’s one reason that Fox now shamelessly hypes McGregor: As sports properties go, UFC is just about as inexpensive as it gets.

Back to top Go down

Re: The UFC is number 9 on Forbes' list with $100 million, and only has the WNBA ranked below them.

Post by PRIDE4EVER on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:52 pm

bigger than soccer lol Laughing
PRIDE4EVER

Back to top Go down

Re: The UFC is number 9 on Forbes' list with $100 million, and only has the WNBA ranked below them.

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:56 pm

I thought it was a billion dollar company.

By the way, I've always said the billion dollar thing was a complete fallacy.

It is very simple economics. The billion dollar fallacy derived from when a 10% stake was sold to some dudes in Dubai for $100 million dollars. So $100 million equals 10% of $1 billion right?

No.

The UFC is a private company, not a public company.

Valuing a company based on the book value of its stock is one way to form an approximation of the value of a company (on the basis of the activities of market participants). It is not a clean valuation method and no serious investor would rely on it (in fact, in 'value investing', which is the alternative to computer modeling essentially, you try to find disparities between the book value and the intrinsic value).

This is all applicable to PUBLIC COMPANIES.

The UFC is not a public company. There is no market for UFC stock. There are no quarterly and annual reports. There are no CEO letters to investors. The price at which they sold a portion of their company is pretty irrelevant for valuation purposes (and as a private individual, it is not plausible to value a private company, because the necessary empirical data is not available). In fact, that they would sell a 10% stake for $100 is actually indication that the 10% of the UFC was worth far, far, far less than $100 million (why would they sell at full value? Nobody ever would.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:53 pm

I read the linked article. It is mostly about how the UFC advertised Conor McGregor as the "Irish Muhammad Ali". I never knew they actually compared McGregor to Ali. It's gross braggart behavior like that that shows Dana White as the one running the show. Saying McGregor is Ali is exactly the kind of thing that would come out of Dana White's mouth.
Because of this behavior it attracted the attention of a Forbes magazine writer who promptly wrote an article to shut down the claim and humiliate the UFC. This is what happens when the grown-ups look at our sport. Thanks Dana White.

Back to top Go down

Post by PRIDE4EVER on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Hamilcar wrote:I read the linked article.  It is mostly about how the UFC advertised Conor McGregor as the "Irish Muhammad Ali".  I never knew they actually compared McGregor to Ali.  It's gross braggart behavior like that that shows Dana White as the one running the show.  Saying McGregor is Ali is exactly the kind of thing that would come out of Dana White's mouth.  
Because of this behavior it attracted the attention of a Forbes magazine writer who promptly wrote an article to shut down the claim and humiliate the UFC.  This is what happens when the grown-ups look at our sport.  Thanks Dana White.

Its funny even McGregor said he can't be compared to Ali, he said giving what Ali accomplished it would be disrespectful.
PRIDE4EVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:26 pm

McGregor will be largely forgotten by the time he is forty like all the other MMA fighters. Ali was not only an amazing fighter, but also a cultural and historical figure. There is no comparison between Ali and a 17-2 MMA who has yet to even compete for a title.

We shouldn't even be having this discussion. But White has to run his mouth and get put it on an advertising campaign which now degrades MMA even more. I understand how some of you feel now. I too am feeling ashamed to call myself an MMA fan. Thanks Dana White.

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:43 pm

conor is getting deaded badly. Man will this be a beat down of the century. Literally take away Canors straight left and he is naked. Nothing else of note is going to land. he is too wide to move out of the way of leg kicks. Chin in the air with both hands down. Jesus Aldo couldnt get a easier KO target.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum