Anderson says "fuck you" to the Reebok deal Insists on wearing Nike

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anderson says "fuck you" to the Reebok deal Insists on wearing Nike

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:35 pm

"The Spider" mentioned his relationship with another brand to justify his denying of wearing the UFC official sponsored uniform, even when it starts to be a rule.

Stating that he has always been a Nike fan, Anderson Silva says that he won't wear Reebok. In an interview with Terra.com.br, "The Spider" was firm on his position and ignored that he will be obligated to use clothes from the official UFC sponsor starting July 6th, when the International Fight Week begins in Las Vegas.

"I don't like this idea. When you use a brand, it has to be passed something true, it has to exist a connection. I have no identity with Reebok. I have always used Nike, even before our sponsor deal. I'm not stop wearing because the contract ended. There is no point making me use something with no relation with me."

Even remembering that, by rule, fighters will have to wear Reebok uniforms, the former UFC middleweight champion restated the same.

"I'm not wearing because there is no true on this. I can't pass to my fans something that is a lie. I have always ordered my uniforms to be made and I'll may still wear them. I have not signed a new contract with Nike after the end of my last deal, but I use a brand because I've always did. Not only me but all my family, we just wear Nike or Adidas."

At least for now he's allowed not to have Reebok clothes.

Anderson will enter the Octagon after 13 months this Saturday night, against Nick Diaz, in the main event of UFC 183.

LMAO!!

(Edit he doesnt actually use the words "fuck you" but it's a big fuck you to UFC and Reebok)

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Re: Anderson says "fuck you" to the Reebok deal Insists on wearing Nike

Post by iforgotmypassword on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Well if he never signed a contract to wear Reebok I dont see how the UFC legally can force him. You cant add stuff like that without renegotiating.

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:06 pm

iforgotmypassword wrote:Well if he never signed a contract to wear Reebok I dont see how the UFC legally can force him. You cant add stuff like that without renegotiating.

Not sure how it will work tbh under his contract

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:43 pm

This is one of the rare time i agree with anderson nike better than rebok though i don't give a shit about either of them
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by PRIDE4EVER on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Good hopefully a majority of the fighters follow and follow suit, then what is zuffa gonna do? Fire the whole roster?
PRIDE4EVER

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 pm

PRIDE4EVER wrote:Good hopefully a majority of the fighters follow and follow suit, then what is zuffa gonna do? Fire the whole roster?

That what the fighters should do they should stand up to dana and the mafia bros and like you said what are they gonna do sack them good let them it will bring the ufc down fall
westcott123

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum