What do the PRIDE haters hold onto dear now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do the PRIDE haters hold onto dear now?

Post by iforgotmypassword on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:45 pm

They always loved to shit on PRIDE about toids and freak show fights.

LOL embarrassed for them now.

What do they use to say UFC is superior?

Back to top Go down

Re: What do the PRIDE haters hold onto dear now?

Post by westcott123 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm

they love to shit on pride and say that every and i mean every single fight was fixed they had nothing but freak shows and cans . Not to mention the constant shit they talk about legends like wand fedor and cro cop and even sakuraba .

Last edited by westcott123 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:31 pm

iforgotmypassword wrote:They always loved to shit on PRIDE about toids and freak show fights.

LOL embarrassed for them now.

What do they use to say UFC is superior?

The fact is they  constantly shit on every org that  is not the ufc and their fighters wec .stirkeforce pride bellator one fc . Always spouting  the same bull shit  these insert org and fighters they can't compete with the ufc calibre until they come over and dominate .Then they automaticly start  kissing arse and sucking dick and saying this guy  is the best and yet 12 month earlier they were saying this guy sucks and is overrated . fuck  talk about a bunch of flip flopper's .

Last edited by westcott123 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:17 pm

The sport of MMA has become a joke

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:41 pm

westcott123 wrote:they love to shit on pride and say that every and i mean every single fight was fixed they had nothing but freak shows and cans . Not to mention the constant shit they talk about legends like wand fedor and cro cop and even sakuraba .

The Fixed part is the biggest talking point to PRIDE haters as they say PRIDE was fixed and corrupt. PRIDE had a few fixed fights in the early shows but that's it. Honestly, UFC and Pancrase aren't squeaky clean as they too had fixed fights in the 1990s. Yeah, PRIDE was fixed. I guess DSE loved it when Wanderlei beat the shit out of Sakuraba three times, right? I guess it was part of the plan for Cro Cop to lose to Nogueira, Randleman, and Fedor in title fights and tournaments.

As far as freak shows and cans are concerned, look at the UFC's current roster. 500 fighters and some of them have no business in the big leagues. This is also the same company that signed Brock Lesnar, Kimbo Slice, and CM Punk while given James Toney $500,000 for one fight.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:48 pm

'The sport of MMA has become a joke'

Thanks Zuffa... and thanks to all the people that support Zuffa
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:they love to shit on pride and say that every and i mean every single fight was fixed they had nothing but freak shows and cans . Not to mention the constant shit they talk about legends like wand fedor and cro cop and even sakuraba .

The Fixed part is the biggest talking point to PRIDE haters as they say PRIDE was fixed and corrupt. PRIDE had a few fixed fights in the early shows but that's it. Honestly, UFC and Pancrase aren't squeaky clean as they too had fixed fights in the 1990s. Yeah, PRIDE was fixed. I guess DSE loved it when Wanderlei beat the shit out of Sakuraba three times, right? I guess it was part of the plan for Cro Cop to lose to Nogueira, Randleman, and Fedor in title fights and tournaments.

As far as freak shows and cans are concerned, look at the UFC's current roster. 500 fighters and some of them have no business in the big leagues. This is also the same company that signed Brock Lesnar, Kimbo Slice, and CM Punk while given James Toney $500,000 for one fight.

I agree they had a weird way of fixing fights i mean they told sakuraba who was the most popular guy there to take a dive against wanderlei silva nothing says fixed like being soccer kicked in the 1st have your collarbone broken in the 2nd and then being brutality ko in the 3rd . I guess they told kondo to let wand stomp on his face . fedor even said in an interview they wanted nog and cro cop to be the champ .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagwood on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:11 pm

They're all little pissants who were diapers when PRIDE ruleds or some not even born yet. Do you know of anyone that was around watching those events wherever they could get a hold of them that is a PRIDE hater? It's impossible, there's no such thing.

It's like some kid today telling me that Jordan or Greztky couldn't cut it today... or for sure they wouldn't be superstars. lol. I was 13 when Wayne staed in the WHA in 1978. I was 19 when Jordan started in 1985. I got to watch their whole careers, 10 championships betweent he two of them.

Wayne has 1000 more career points than the 2nd place guy. He has more assists that anyone else has goals. He still holds 60 NHL records which will never be matched.

Jordan is the best pure athlete ever to play basketball, arguably for any sport. Kobe? Lebron? Jordan averaged 30pts a game for his career while being double-teamed and triple-teamed every time he got his hands on the ball. Kobe? Lebron? BS! Jordan shot very few 3 pointers like Lebron and took the ball to the hoop in traffic 10X more than Kobe! Jordan made more game winning, series winning, or champioship winning clutch shots under pressure than all the other top 10 or 20 career NBA scorers. It was unbelievable.

But see, unless you lived through that watching for all those games and going nuts during all those playoffs series and championships, you have no clue what you're talking about.

PRIDE will never be surpassed. I've watched countless fights over and over again, some maybe a hundred times. It never gets old. I still feel excited and amazed. I would rather watch Olympic medalists and world champions in combat sports fight any day over some meth heads from Mississipi who trained UFC for a couple of years.

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:37 pm

westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

I agree they had a weird way of fixing fights i mean they told sakuraba who was the most popular guy there to take a dive against wanderlei silva nothing says fixed like being soccer kicked in the 1st have your collarbone broken in the 2nd and then being brutality ko in the 3rd .  I guess they told kondo to let wand stomp on his face . fedor even said in an interview they wanted nog and cro cop to be the champ .

It's true. Look at the PRIDE video package leading up to the Fedor/Cro Cop fight. It's 95% Cro Cop. It shows Cro Cop's history, him being interviewed, his mother being interviewed, his mother visiting his father's grave, him with his wife and son, and his wins and losses in PRIDE. Meanwhile, Fedor is barely shown. All they have is brief comments, his famous "stop" quote after Cro Cop beat Aleks, and his wins over Nogueira, Fujita, and Goodridge.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Red on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:46 am

There was a lot of fucked up shit about PRIDE, but it was fun.

I used to be a Cro Cop fan, but then I found out that a large part of his career was bullshit.

"Help am in Indonesia, lost debit card & cannot contact you via phone line - please help: 1danielfletcher@gmail.com thank you." - Fletch
Aunt Red

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:31 am

PRIDE was real mixed martial arts despite the drama and rumours. Zuffa will always be trashy cagehumping that caters to teenagers who want to be tough.

There´s nothing the zombies can say that will change the fact that UFC is lowlife shit compared to oldschool JMMA.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:17 am

If you watch UFC just come out of the closet because you're gay.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:30 pm

Aunt Red wrote:There was a lot of fucked up shit about PRIDE, but it was fun.

I used to be a Cro Cop fan, but then I found out that a large part of his career was bullshit.

which part can you be more specific ? i know you said large part which large part was it his pride ufc k1 glory amatuer boxing ?
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by RussianTopTeam on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Chael Sonnen : PRIDE Fighters were never tested for steroids.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:50 pm

RussianTopTeam wrote:Chael Sonnen : PRIDE Fighters were never tested for steroids.

That was coming from a 3x drug cheater oh ironic isn't it ?
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:55 pm

westcott123 wrote:
RussianTopTeam wrote:Chael Sonnen : PRIDE Fighters were never tested for steroids.

Not to mention one who retired in disgrace. If true, then PRIDE was Sonnen's dream job.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:44 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

Not to mention one who retired in disgrace. If true, then PRIDE was Sonnen's dream job.

one other thing  sonnen says pride was all fake why did he never go over there and beat everyone ? he wasn't locked into a contract with the ufc .Chael was beating nobodies primarily  back then people can say wanderlei fought cans but at least people knew who they were . I mean name a guy chael beat back then without looking at his wiki page . Chael pancrase record is 0 1 1 just to mention i guess the competion was to much for him .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:27 pm

westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

one other thing  sonnen says pride was all fake why did he never go over there and beat everyone ? he wasn't locked into a contract with the ufc .Chael was beating  nobodies primarily  back then people can say wanderlei fought cans but at least people knew who they were . I mean name a guy chael beat back then without looking at his wiki page . Chael pancrase record is 0 1 1 just to mention i guess the competion was to much for him .

Chael said PRIDE was all fake yet the UFC and Pancrase had fixed fights in their history too (Taktarov/Macias). I know he's trolling but if PRIDE was fake all the time, did they fake their injuries? Explain Takayama's face after the Frye fight, explain Frye's painkiller addiction after the Shamrock fight, explain Sakuraba's injury after the second Wanderlei fight.

Before looking at the page, I honestly would say Okami. Chael beat some good names in Jason Miller, Babalu, Okami, and Marquardt but that's it. Filho was messed up on drugs and missed weight, Bisping is Mr. "So close and yet so far", and Shogun was broken down.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:57 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

one other thing  sonnen says pride was all fake why did he never go over there and beat everyone ? he wasn't locked into a contract with the ufc .Chael was beating  nobodies primarily  back then people can say wanderlei fought cans but at least people knew who they were . I mean name a guy chael beat back then without looking at his wiki page . Chael pancrase record is 0 1 1 just to mention i guess the competion was to much for him .

Chael said PRIDE was all fake yet the UFC and Pancrase had fixed fights in their history too (Taktarov/Macias). I know he's trolling but if PRIDE was fake all the time, did they fake their injuries? Explain Takayama's face after the Frye fight, explain Frye's painkiller addiction after the Shamrock fight, explain Sakuraba's injury after the second Wanderlei fight.

Before looking at the page, I honestly would say Okami. Chael beat some good names in Jason Miller, Babalu, Okami, and Marquardt but that's it. Filho was messed up on drugs and missed weight, Bisping is Mr. "So close and yet so far", and Shogun was broken down.

They must good actors i mean they should get an
oscar
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:36 am

westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

oscar

I was just listening to this Eddie Goldman interview with Perretti about Phyllis Lee. In it Perretti mentioned how Shamrock said that most of his Pancrase fights were "works". Fixed fights happen alot in combat sports. Although, I personnaly believe that are more uncommon now, than they were then.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:40 am

Hamilcar wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

oscar

I was just listening to this Eddie Goldman interview with Perretti about Phyllis Lee.  In it Perretti mentioned how Shamrock said that most of his Pancrase fights were "works".  Fixed fights happen alot in combat sports.  Although, I personnaly believe that are more uncommon now, than they were then.  

Oh, definitely. Back then, MMA was new and barely covered so you can get away with it. Now with Athletic Commissions, more coverage, more fans, and the internet, companies can't afford it. It would be a scandal that would destroy a company. Even the UFC couldn't survive a scandal like that.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:44 am

TIBAU WOULD HAVE WRECKED PRIDE FC

LITERALLY

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum