create your own concept of mma

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

create your own concept of mma

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:37 pm

This month we are talking about Ganryujima.if you had create your own concept of mma.Set the rules set and the format. Share own version of mma and talk about it.

This is my own version.
Rules

• No striking on the ground
  • No stand up elbow
  • No takedown

format :Ring

Win by sub,TKO,KO

Back to top Go down

Re: create your own concept of mma

Post by God of Thunder on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Ring of course

PRIDE rules and judging, maybe minus the headkicks and stomps to a downed opponent.

Elbows is a big no-no for me.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:25 pm

One round fights would be good for one night tournaments.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:01 pm

MMA in a Ring ... with a net on the bottom.

10x5 (x3min overtime limit if the fight is close like Andre Galvao vs Jason High or Henderson vs murilo ninja)

title fights 10x5x5

Good judges who have fought before or trained. no bias to any martial art. i.e a high school wrestling coach awarding wrestlers the win

winner should be decided on aggression, willingness to finish, control/ strikes landed in that order

Knees on the ground, stomps, soccer kicks allowed.

Refs can break up a stale clinch if neither fighter is attempting a throw/ trip or takedown. You cant just clinch and pitty patter away with knees to the thigh.

Tournaments/ GRAND PRIXS.

awesome VTR's to promote the fighter over the brand

oh wait am I describing Pride fc?

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Golden Age wrote:One round fights would be good for one night tournaments.

I miss the days when we had Grand Prix's stacked with the TOP 10 best fighters.

I just dont get why UFC cant pull off a HW tournament for just once FFS!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:12 pm

I like this Olympics approach to the sport when it comes to presentation.

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by backdoor to zuffa on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:17 pm

I'd create an org with an emphasis on striking. Ground isn't disallowed, but the only way to win on the ground is by submission or knockout. Takedowns and ground control don't score points and thus don't win fights.

Rules
-Fights take place in a ring
-Knees to a grounded opponent are allowed (no Mark Hunt atomic knee drops though)
-No elbows
-No head stomps
-Non championship fights are 2 10-minute rounds (fighter inflicting the most damage wins)
-Championship bouts have 10-minute rounds (fights last until a knockout or submission occurs)

And finally, no D-list celebs are allowed to sit ringside. Nobody wants to see that shit.

We are Global-MMA.com.

-backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:08 pm

JMMA org in a ring with soccer kicks, stomps, knees on the ground and possibly elbows with 12-6 elbows.  

Two 10 minute rounds for title fights, one ten minute round and one five minute round for non-title fights.

Yellow cards and DQs for stalling.  Major point deductions for stalling and non-aggression (especially lay-n-pray and dancing around ring not engaging).

Fight scored as a whole with top criteria being damage and second aggression.

Fighters paid 50% to fight, 40% to finish, and 10% to win.

Last edited by CDF47 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:20 pm

I've been trying to think of a way to get rid of things I hate in mma which is mostly fighters stalling tactics & fouls, this is what dreamed up.

Rounds 1-3 =5 min rounds
4th round championship fights only 10 minutes allowed

round 1 grappling only
round 2 striking only
round 3 striking & grappling allowed
round 4 striking & grappling allowed

Rules must be agreed to by both fighters before the fight
eg. elbows are agreed upon by both fighters but promotion pays more money to fighters for  the higher risks
    soccer kicks agreed upon by both fighters...^
    Head butts....^....

Fouling
ANY eye pokes 1st a warning, if it happens again then loses point, 3rd time disqualification
No hair pulling, fish hooking or name calling....actually leave the name calling in...
Groin strikes 1st a warning 2nd time a warning 3rd time lose a point 4th time disqualification

um ..that's about it ..
Edit..oh yeah ring or cage also are options to be agreed upon by both fighters but no extra pay for either option.
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:27 pm

Takes place in the M-1 RAGE.

Tournaments only, quarters and semis in one night each one 15 minute round and finals another event with two 10 minute rounds and a 5 minute final round.

3 weight categories with open ranges: 185-240, 145-180, 115-140

Yellow cards against stalling/inactivity, timidity, and fouls. Each is 10% fine to purse.

Elbows allowed standing but not on the ground. Knees on the ground and soccer kicks allowed but no stomps.

REF CAMS ALL DAY.

Scoring for decisions will only be based on amount of damaging/threatening strikes landed and submission attempts. Whole fight is judged, not the rounds so no stupid ten point must system.

Last edited by AudaxSynth on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:00 pm

I wish pride and wec were still around

womens fights in Invicta (no one cares for WMMA)

125-145 in the WEC with a small blue cage
155+ under pride rules

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:43 am

CDF47 wrote:JMMA org in a ring with soccer kicks, stomps, knees on the ground and possibly elbow with 12-6 elbows.  

Two 10 minute rounds for title fights, one ten minute round and one five minute round for non-title fights.

Yellow cards and DQs for stalling.  Major point deductions for stalling and non-aggression (especially lay-n-pray and dancing around ring not engaging).

I'd do the same as this, but I'd drop the qualification of 'JMMA org', and I'd also get rid of elbows on the ground.

I'd consider eliminating stomps as well.

Perhaps I'd take OneFC, put it in a ring, and get rid of elbows on the ground (I think elbows on the feet are good though. That's a legitimate technique from Muay Thai and requires a lot of skill. I'm no fan of elbows on the ground though. I think they are just a method of bludgeoning people, are not representative of skill, and lead to cuts which potentially shorten careers. They also allow people to not have their arms as much exposed to submissions--contrary to a more level playing field.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:17 am

I am a believer in MMA as a test of which style is the strongest.

So, for me it would be M-1 Rage ring.
The rules would be extremely liberal. The only banned techniques would be groin and eyestrikes, and fishhooking. You can hit the spine and the back of the head all you want. I don't care. Even the top of the head if you are some pencak silat practitioner. Small joint manipulation is in too. If you can submit someone by bending their fingers backwards then prove it. I would also love to see people use openhand techniques. [I don't why people don't do it now. It's not like there is padding on the palm and sides of the glove.]
Because of all this, as a promoter I would place a heavy emphasis on signing fighters who are champions of and married to a particular style of martial art. I know, I know, but then Royce Gracie will just submit everyone again. But this will not be a tournament. It will be a showcase. Let's have the Shaolin guy fight the karate guy. Even with these rules it will be unlikely that they will try to grapple each other. In the same show, I would have the BJJ guy fight the judo guy.
I might not even have championships (because, yeah, some wrestler would just dominate the kickboxer who beat all the other srtikers but has zero groundgame). I just want to see style vs syle. I don't want the same evolution as before where it started as style vs syle. Then we learn you need a ground game, then we see it is best to have both. We all know that as martial artists we need to have a ground game and the ground game will often neutralize even the best striker in the world. What I want to see is which stand-up style is best and which ground style is best.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:13 am

Giving this more thought and looking at some ideas in this thread I updated mine below.  Also, I prefer a major org. in Japan or Asia and a major org. under different rules in the US or North America with other major orgs in Europe and around the globe.

Preferences:

JMMA org in a ring with soccer kicks, stomps, knees on the ground and possibly elbows with 12-6 elbows.  

Two 10 minute rounds for title fights.  One ten minute round and one five minute round for non-title fights.

Yellow cards and DQs for stalling.  Major point deductions for stalling, timidity, and non-aggression (especially lay-n-pray and dancing around ring not engaging).

Annual 16 man grand prix tournaments.

Weight classes: LW, MW, LHW, and HW with stacked roster.

Fighters paid 50% to fight, 40% to finish, and 10% to win.

7 - 10 events per year.  4 Oz gloves.

That is for the major JMMA org.  The major north American org. could be under unified rules in a cage for some diversity in the sport.

Last edited by CDF47 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:19 am; edited 2 times in total

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:16 am

nodogoshi wrote:
CDF47 wrote:JMMA org in a ring with soccer kicks, stomps, knees on the ground and possibly elbow with 12-6 elbows.  

I'd do the same as this, but I'd drop the qualification of 'JMMA org', and I'd also get rid of elbows on the ground.

Perhaps I'd take OneFC, put it in a ring, and get rid of elbows on the ground (I think elbows on the feet are good though. That's a legitimate technique from Muay Thai and requires a lot of skill. I'm no fan of elbows on the ground though. I think they are just a method of bludgeoning people, are not representative of skill, and lead to cuts which potentially shorten careers. They also allow people to not have their arms as much exposed to submissions--contrary to a more level playing field.)

Those rules sound good as well but I like elbows on feet and ground because they are another tool in a fighters arsenal. I hate taking tools away from fighters unless it is for good safety reasons, like headbutts, strikes to the spine and back of the head, eye gouging, groin strikes, small joint manipulation,........ Elbows have proven to be safe, only a handful of fights in the UFC or other major orgs have been stopped due to elbow cuts, and they are another important weapon in MMA so I prefer them.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:38 am

allow 12-6 downward elbows anywhere

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by rezin on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:59 am

- Ikuhisa Minowa. 1976 - infinity
rezin

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:11 am

Darude - Sandstorm

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:04 am

CDF47 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

Those rules sound good as well but I like elbows on feet and ground because they are another tool in a fighters arsenal.  I hate taking tools away from fighters unless it is for good safety reasons, like headbutts, strikes to the spine and back of the head, eye gouging, groin strikes, small joint manipulation,........  Elbows have proven to be safe, only a handful of fights in the UFC or other major orgs have been stopped due to elbow cuts, and they are another important weapon in MMA so I prefer them.
Even if the fights aren´t stopped due to cuts from elbows on the ground they ruin fights. Elbows on the ground is the biggest reason to cuts and the fighters can´t see with blood pouring down their eyes and the it looks like trash with all the blood in the cage/ring.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:44 am

stu3ufc wrote:allow 12-6 downward elbows anywhere

I agree. That rule is just stupid. Makes no sense.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:46 am

Golden Age wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

Those rules sound good as well but I like elbows on feet and ground because they are another tool in a fighters arsenal.  I hate taking tools away from fighters unless it is for good safety reasons, like headbutts, strikes to the spine and back of the head, eye gouging, groin strikes, small joint manipulation,........  Elbows have proven to be safe, only a handful of fights in the UFC or other major orgs have been stopped due to elbow cuts, and they are another important weapon in MMA so I prefer them.
Even if the fights aren´t stopped due to cuts from elbows on the ground they ruin fights. Elbows on the ground is the biggest reason to cuts and the fighters can´t see with blood pouring down their eyes and the it looks like trash with all the blood in the cage/ring.

I seen cuts from punches, knees, and kicks that were just as bad.  MMA is a bloody sport and a very tough sport.  It's definitely not for everyone.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:23 am

CDF47 wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

I seen cuts from punches, knees, and kicks that were just as bad.  MMA is a bloody sport and a very tough sport.  It's definitely not for everyone.
Elbows on the ground cause much more cuts than other strikes. I understand you enjoy it but imo open wounds and blood doesn´t belong in martial arts. The bloodsport approach to combat sports is trash and belongs in Ultimate cagefighting.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:36 am

CDF47 wrote:

I agree.  That rule is just stupid.  Makes no sense.

because it protects wrestlers

the rules are designed to protect american wrestlers

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:00 am

Golden Age wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

Elbows on the ground cause much more cuts than other strikes. I understand you enjoy it but imo open wounds and blood doesn´t belong in martial arts. The bloodsport approach to combat sports is trash and belongs in Ultimate cagefighting.

Mma is a fight sport. From the beginning modern mma was designed to resemble an actual fight. Obviously rules need to be implemented for fighter safety to make this an actual sport. Rules need to protect the fighters and keep the fight within a reasonable time frame. So I fully support many of the rules that do this; such as, no strikes to the back of the head or spine or groin......  Elbows are no more dangerous than punches....knees...or kicks and are a very important weapon in a fighters arsenal... Especially for the fighters who really know how to use them effectively.  There is then no point in taking this effective weapon away. Elbows... punches...knees...and kicks all cause cuts and KOs and are all important in a fight.  For people that don't like blood from cuts...there is always badminton...as punches...knees..elbows...and kicks all cause cuts and blood.

Last edited by CDF47 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:03 am

stu3ufc wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I agree.  That rule is just stupid.  Makes no sense.

because it protects wrestlers

the rules are designed to protect american wrestlers

Yeah they could be effective against wrestlers just like knees on the ground. Wish they would one day fix the 12 6 elbow and knees on ground rules.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum