Unless Fedor gets Putin to intervene with Russia 2 TV's new UFC focus, M-1 may be dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unless Fedor gets Putin to intervene with Russia 2 TV's new UFC focus, M-1 may be dead

Post by Dagwood on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:48 pm

Vadim Finkelchtein:  "Russia TV broacasts UFC and Bellator instead of  Russian promotions". http://m1global.tv/news/finkelchteintv/

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unless Fedor gets Putin to intervene with Russia 2 TV's new UFC focus, M-1 may be dead

Post by Dagwood on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 pm

If Russia2 state ownen TV only has so many slots for sports including MMA... this could also affect Fight Nights and others. This will threaten the long term potential and viabilty of Russian MMA.

Back to top Go down

Re: Unless Fedor gets Putin to intervene with Russia 2 TV's new UFC focus, M-1 may be dead

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:03 am

Sad to hear since M-1 has been a great for MMA. Many great fighters got their big break there before going elsewhere. It's more sad how Russians would prefer the UFC after they tarred and feathered Fedor and M-1. It would be depressing to see M-1 go under as it would yet another company and option gone. It would also be sicken as The UFC and Dana White continue to rule.

M-1 has also shown a good eye for talent. Not only Russian fighters but many international fighters also fought there and some achieved success before signing with other companies like Vinny Magalhaes, Daniel Weichel, Karl Amoussou, Gegard Mousasi, and Alexey Oleinik (who I think is part Ukrainian). Even look at the current roster.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by rezin on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:20 am

Of course Putin has much more serous problems to deal with than mma, but man if a state owned tv station would rather broadcast ufc (an American company) which trashed and continues to trash Fedor, rather than broadcast it's homegrown promotions, then some patriotic legislature would really be in order.

- Ikuhisa Minowa. 1976 - infinity
rezin

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:45 am

MMA has gone in the wrong direction for a long time. Ultimate cagefighting has infected most promotions and countries. Luckily there are other combat sports to watch and I´m more interested in Ganryujima. Ganryujima is actually the first event in a long time where I didn´t skip through the fights.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:11 am

This is sad to know. ufc is not just a cancer of mma but as they spread they also spread their goverments political poison every where they go. Their support the troops (support genocide & invasion) events are disgusting to me but onwards they go completely shameless. Is it any wonder they are working with a corp like fox? Any of you ever seen fox news? Better known as farce news. These fucking people are politically motivated in the worse ways. To those of you who think ufc is just a mma sport promotion think again. I hope Russia will skip ufc & all the political filth that comes with the ufc. These people at ufc have no humanity, no humility, no respect & do not deserve any. imo.
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagwood on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:33 am

^ Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:12 am

Golden Age wrote:MMA has gone in the wrong direction for a long time. Ultimate cagefighting has infected most promotions and countries. Luckily there are other combat sports to watch and I´m more interested in Ganryujima. Ganryujima is actually the first event in a long time where I didn´t skip through the fights.

it sucks zuffa has spread like a virus .people can talk shit on m1 but they helped launch careers as rock solider has said .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:16 am

westcott123 wrote:
Golden Age wrote:MMA has gone in the wrong direction for a long time. Ultimate cagefighting has infected most promotions and countries. Luckily there are other combat sports to watch and I´m more interested in Ganryujima. Ganryujima is actually the first event in a long time where I didn´t skip through the fights.

it sucks zuffa has spread like a virus .people can talk shit on m1 but they helped launch careers as rock solider has said .
M-1 dropped the ball big time after their HW Grand Prix. They had something big growing with the tournament format and promotional videos. Instead of making another GP they put on smaller shows with less interesting matchups and not so awesome promos.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:28 am

2 years ago M-1 knew what the fans wanted..

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:26 am

westcott123 wrote:

It's really frustrating. Can UFC lose any momentum?
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:27 pm

This is terrible news. Spread like a virus is right. Ultimate cage fighting is everywhere now.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:33 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

It's really frustrating. Can UFC lose any momentum?

it going to take something big to do that though i don't know a major scandal or the fans finally wake up and realize there is more to mma than just the ufc .Zuffa makes there money from the fans who buy the ppv if the fans stopped the money would stop rolling in .That means dana won't be able to blow 50k at a black jack table or buy the latest sports car or some other expensive shit
westcott123

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum