Khan vs. Algieri on Spike TV

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Khan vs. Algieri on Spike TV

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:39 pm

By Wil Esco on Apr 15, 2015, 2:43p

mir Khan is backtracking from his backtracking. Just as a quick recap, Khan took to social media a couple of weeks ago to announce that he'd be fighting Chris Algieri in his next bout. The public at large mostly derided

Khan for this choice of opponent, and shortly after Amir was back in the media stating that Aligeri may not necessarily be his next fight...But it will be! It's now been officially confirmed that Khan-Algieri will take place on May 29th on SpikeTV, as part of Al Haymon's PBC series.

Truth be told, I myself was very confident that despite Khan coming out and saying the fight wasn't a definite, that it pretty much was. Who else was he going to fight? Why else would he have reported such a prepared statement on social media, building up Algieri's resume and his great wins over Ruslan Provodinkov and Emmanuel Taylor. Ruslan was definitely a gusty win where he survived a lot of early damage, but I'd rate the Emmanuel Taylor win as...ummm...mehhhh.

The fact is, nobody really wants this fight. Maybe it's not the worse fight in the world but it's certainly not going to capture attention and admiration of fans. On paper, there isn't much of any danger here for Khan - no one thinks Algieri could outbox him on the outside, and clearly Algieri isn't going to level Khan with his punching power. So - pretty much a stay busy fight here.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/4/15/8421875/khan-algieri-confirmed-slated-for-may-29th-on-spiketv

Back to top Go down

Re: Khan vs. Algieri on Spike TV

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:16 am

Not a fight alot of people are going to get super excited for.

Khan should be fighting bigger name opponents.

Saying that, it's a ok fight for being on regular cable tv.

Algieri did defeat Ruslan Provodnikov. So he is skilled.

Khan is faster, is more skilled and has more power though.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Khan got backlash from this fight . He flip flop on denied that took this fight instead of fighting brook . Let just hope fight turn out good . Algieri need to get rid of the cross fit trainer  and get a boxer trainer . Well I had to pick khan .i'm just surprise that  spike pick up that fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:56 pm

kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:i'm just surprise that  spike pick up that fight.

I'm not surprised at all.

Khan-Algieri will take place on May 29th on SpikeTV, as part of Al Haymon's PBC series."]

This is all tht needs to be mentioned. It's just a set up fight for Khan against a seemingly 'credible' opponent (Algeri has a win over Prodnikov and was a Pacquiao opponent). This is par for the course for a lot of Al Haymon fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:05 am

Former world champion Chris Algieri (20-1, 8 KOs) has arrives in Florida to begin his training camp with new trainer John David Jackson. On Friday, May 29, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Algieri takes on Amir “King” Khan (30-3, 19 KOs) in a clash that can be seen on Spike TV. Algieri rose to fame in June 2014 at Barclays Center when he upset Ruslan Provodnikov for a super lightweight world title.

“I’m very excited about this fight and this training camp and really looking forward to working with coach Jackson down here in Florida,” Algieri told Fightnews.com. “This is a tough fight but a fight I wanted and one that coach and I believe will bring out the absolute best in me. May 29th you will see the best Chris Algieri you have ever seen.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/algieri-hits-florida-287519

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:06 am

Former two-division champion Paulie “The Magic Man” Malignaggi (33-6, 7 KOs) returns to the ring in his hometown to face Danny “Bhoy” O’Connor (25-2, 9 KOs) as the televised co-feature for Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Spike TV on Friday, May 29 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT live from Barclays Center.

This fight will be part of the card headlined by boxing superstar Amir Khan who faces tough New Yorker Chris Algieri. Doors at Barclays Center open at 6 p.m. ET.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/malignaggi-in-khan-algieri-co-feature-287666
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum