DeGale vs. Dirrell(May23)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DeGale vs. Dirrell(May23)

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed May 20, 2015 12:39 am

Live on NBC. Saturday at 4:30pm ET

James “Chunky” Degale, 20-1 14 KO’s vs. Andre “The Matrix” Dirrell, 24-1 16 KO’s
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Re: DeGale vs. Dirrell(May23)

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed May 20, 2015 12:41 am

Saturday’s NBC-televised super middleweight showdown for the vacant IBF title between Olympic medalists Andre Dirrell (24-1, 16 KOs) and James DeGale (20-1, 14 KOs) heated up last week during a conference call with reporters.

“Momentum is a big thing,” said DeGale. “Look at my last two performances against good, quality opponents (Marco Antonio Periban and Brandon Gonzalez) and look his last three (Derek Edwards, Nick Brinson and Vladine Biosse).

“Listen, I come from good pedigree and so does Andre. We’re good, quality, young fighters. But I just think overall, I’m better. I think he struggles. He doesn’t like it when it gets hard in there. He’s a competent fighter, but he likes it when he’s dictating the pace and he’s on the front foot.

“Well listen, I’m not going to let him rest. He thinks this is going to be a boxing match. Well, this ain’t. I’m telling him now. This ain’t going to be a boxing match. I’m going in there and I’m taking the title. I’m taking it. I’m ripping it away from him.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/degale-this-aint-going-to-be-a-boxing-match-291433
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum