Bellators sinking TV ratings

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bellators sinking TV ratings

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun May 31, 2015 11:05 am

InfinityLens wrote:Unified Rules are an athletic commission thing, I don't think Bellator can get around them.

Bellator could ask the commissions to alter/change the rules. At least bring it up as a talking point to get the conversation started.

Bellator is following the path that UFC has laid out. One cage brawling company following another down the same path.

Unfied rules are horrible.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun May 31, 2015 11:55 am

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:
InfinityLens wrote:Unified Rules are an athletic commission thing, I don't think Bellator can get around them.

Bellator could ask the commissions to alter/change the rules. At least bring it up as a talking point to get the conversation started.

Bellator is following the path that UFC has laid out. One cage brawling company following another down the same path.

Unfied rules are horrible.

The Unified Rules are an abomination but what can be done? Sure they can bring it up but what about other companies? Why is this Bellator's responsibility? Also, if Bellator does this then there's a talking point of them encouraging a dangerous atmosphere and not caring about the safety of fighters.

Wait. I thought they were "the cage wrasslin" not "cage brawling".
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun May 31, 2015 12:09 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
The Unified Rules are an abomination but what can be done? Sure they can bring it up but what about other companies? Why is this Bellator's responsibility?

The unified rules have to be changed through the athletic commissions in America.

I see fans on here and twitter routinely criticize the unified rules and wish they would change.

It will also take companies speaking out and bringing up the idea of adjusting rules but they won't do that if they blindly follow and copy most of what the UFC does.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun May 31, 2015 5:25 pm

Nick diaz promoted one fightcard he tried getting ring and different ruleset.......commission laughed at him.....its nearly impossible to get unified rules changed.

Just for safety issues alone.....plus unified rules are seen as the safest.they were voted on and put together ages ago its like trying to change a rule in the nfl.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun May 31, 2015 5:39 pm

fka wrote:
Just for safety issues alone.....plus unified rules are seen as the safest.

What safety issues? I think you're repeating Zuffa propaganda there.

The cage has never been proven to be safer than the ring.

Unified rules promote and allow elbows on the ground which is one of the leading causes of cuts and blood in matches.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun May 31, 2015 5:46 pm

fka wrote:
they were voted on and put together ages ago its like trying to change a rule in the nfl.

NFL rules and rules for any major sports organization have changed and evolved over time. mma should follow suit.

The unified rules were put together 15 years ago not "ages ago".

Really most of the basics of NFL rules were adopted around 1912. Even though the NFL didn't exist until later.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sun May 31, 2015 7:32 pm

I wish Vale Tudo were legal :-(

The only person I every hear complain about the rules is Rogan.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun May 31, 2015 8:10 pm

It would be easier if thus were japan....

Mma was founded on unified rules in america and like most combat sports changing the basic structure of scoring is next to impossible.

Plus everything has to go through athletic commissions who in tge past have been bought by zuffa anyway so what's the point.

Plus bellator has enough things to stand out and make good money with the org,they don't need to shell out money to try and cater to an audience that prefers Japanese mma in an American market place.

Japanese version of mma isnt even really that popular in japan.....or haven't you noticed nearly every promotion uses cage.....

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:26 pm

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Bellators only hope is getting more fighters like phil davis

top 15 legit fighters who are pissed off at the reebox deal

MMA scene is about to get more interesting. I just hope coker has a pair of fucking balls this time to lead AGAINST the UFC

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:48 pm

You mean like openly taking jabs with promoting and snatching top 15 fighters ......oh wait bellator has been leading against zuffa already...

More like i hope more orgs follow suit instead of rolling over....

Ufc just cut 10 guys 5 were fly weights....

I expect louis gaudinot,and tim elliot,and dylan andrews to sign with bellator.

(Only 2 worth signing in bellator)

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Meant 3 lol of the 10 cut.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Oh shayna baszler was cut i coukd see bellator getting her tho id be opposed to it.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum