Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by Hamilcar on Thu May 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

[Click the above link so that MMAFighting.com knows that people want to watch ONE rather than UFC.]

Looks like the UFC is crashing and burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ONE will (or, perhaps, already is) dominate MMA!  

Dana White shot himself in the foot.

Hamilcar
Moderator

Location : Hangzhou
Posts : 1041
Join date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by fka on Thu May 21, 2015 9:41 pm

Yeah ALL the big orgs will/can benefit from fighters seeking sponsorship freedom and better psy especially the low to midtier guys who are losing tons of money compared to the ranked guys.

Bellator and One both have now reported alot of activity since reebok deal im sure all the bigger players have as well.

Dana spoke out today criticising fighters like brendan schaub who are speaking bad about the Reebok deal calling them short cited.....

This is great they are completely acting like the tyrannical assholes they are so it will only push more guys away.

Time will tell just how bad ifc fucked up......its gonna be good.

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6430
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by westcott123 on Thu May 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Its true more fighters will look at one and bellator . what would really put a dent in zuffa is that one their super stars jumps ship . just imagine Connor mcregor signing with one ,I wonder how many will jump off the connor band wagon same with rousey . wh

westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1182
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by iforgotmypassword on Fri May 22, 2015 7:08 am

Dinka White is DONE

_________________
China Top Team

iforgotmypassword

Location : KUNLUN mountain living the dream
Posts : 1453
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by stu3ufc on Fri May 22, 2015 7:41 am

This reebok deal is going to see a shift in where the top fighters go.

we must support ONE FC and hell even bellator if it means getting all the best fighters in the world

UFC have shot themselves in the foot with this greedy deal. The tide is turning...UFC is done

_________________





stu3ufc

Posts : 5123
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by stu3ufc on Fri May 22, 2015 7:41 am

iforgotmypassword wrote:Dinka White is DONE



shut up and take your $2,500 sponsorship money you greedy little prelim fighter

_________________





stu3ufc

Posts : 5123
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by PRIDE4EVER on Fri May 22, 2015 10:48 am

stu3ufc wrote:This reebok deal is going to see a shift in where the top fighters go.

we must support ONE FC and hell even bellator if it means getting all the best fighters in the world

UFC have shot themselves in the foot with this greedy deal. The tide is turning...UFC is done


is that sarcasm or are you being serious Stu? Nice to see you coming around.

PRIDE4EVER

Location : USA
Posts : 590
Join date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by stu3ufc on Fri May 22, 2015 12:00 pm

PRIDE4EVER wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:This reebok deal is going to see a shift in where the top fighters go.

we must support ONE FC and hell even bellator if it means getting all the best fighters in the world

UFC have shot themselves in the foot with this greedy deal. The tide is turning...UFC is done


is that sarcasm or are you being serious Stu? Nice to see you coming around.

Bellator need to step up too and stop putting fighters on the shelf and paying them shit too.

Viacom and Disney have big pockets...bigger pockets than zoofa and their casino owning buddies. This reebok deal will see some of the top stars leaving for sure

_________________





stu3ufc

Posts : 5123
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by PRIDE4EVER on Fri May 22, 2015 3:47 pm

stu3ufc wrote:
PRIDE4EVER wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:This reebok deal is going to see a shift in where the top fighters go.

we must support ONE FC and hell even bellator if it means getting all the best fighters in the world

UFC have shot themselves in the foot with this greedy deal. The tide is turning...UFC is done


is that sarcasm or are you being serious Stu? Nice to see you coming around.

Bellator need to step up too and stop putting fighters on the shelf and paying them shit too.

Viacom and Disney have big pockets...bigger pockets than zoofa and their casino owning buddies. This reebok deal will see some of the top stars leaving for sure

I agree fighters definitely need higher pay. I just don't want to see bellator go down the road affliction and strikeforce went down. The pay has to line up with how they do business wise so I agree raise the pay but be cautious.

PRIDE4EVER

Location : USA
Posts : 590
Join date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by InfinityLens on Mon May 25, 2015 2:43 pm

For some more perspective let's look at WSOF (regardless of your personal opinion on the promotion).

Justin Gaethje (spelling?) made $60k (30/30) his last fight+sponsor (prob not that much in WSOF)+backroom (if that exist in WSOF). That's a nice paycheck and more than what some 8k/8k guy makes on UFC (and guys a rung or so above that). I imagine they pay their names better (Sheilds, Fitch, etc).

If even WSOF can be competetive what can bigger org's do?

InfinityLens

Location : The Global MMA Forum
Posts : 1039
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by Heretic on Tue May 26, 2015 12:25 am

when the more famous fighters contracts end and go to other orgs Zuffa will regret this buisness decision.

Heretic
Moderator

Age : 31
Posts : 1007
Join date : 2012-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by InfinityLens on Sat May 30, 2015 2:40 pm

Like I said if even WSOF can compete what about bigger organizations?
http://m.sherdog.com/news/news/WSOF-Champ-Lance-Palmer-Says-He-Would-Lose-Up-to-368000-Per-Fight-in-UFC-86763

InfinityLens

Location : The Global MMA Forum
Posts : 1039
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun May 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Fighters are still coming forward with stories of financial loss due to the Reebok deal.

This time it’s welterweight Erick Silva, who told Globo Esporte that he will be losing around $12,000 a month with the new sponsorships deal. A month!

“The UFC changed the way they will pay their fighters with this new Reebok deal, so my manager and I sat down to do the math and it turns out we will lose a lot of money. We will lose 40,000 Reais every month. This is too harsh for those of us with a lot of sponsors, because it will restrict sponsors a lot, and they don’t want to pay an amount they wouldn’t pay if they weren’t going to be exposed on fight night, which is when they get the most exposure.”

Silva says he will lose 40,000 Reais, which converts into $12,000 US dollars. A month!




http://www.bjpenn.com/erick-silva-confirms-144000-annual-loss-due-to-reebok-deal/

TeamJohnPerretti
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 1842
Join date : 2013-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:54 pm

^Damn...A lot of fighters are getting screwed bad by this deal....as expected. Zuffa management will probably make out well though....as expected.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10815
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by westcott123 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:57 pm

CDF47 wrote:^Damn...A lot of fighters are getting screwed bad by this deal....as expected.  Zuffa management will probably make out well though....as expected.

Of course they will say you gotta sell tickets by talking shit or what they call wwe English even though not every fighter likes to talk trash .

westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1182
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by CDF47 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:34 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:^Damn...A lot of fighters are getting screwed bad by this deal....as expected.  Zuffa management will probably make out well though....as expected.

Of course they will say you gotta sell tickets by talking shit or what they call wwe  English even though not every fighter likes to talk trash .

That's true. They said they were basing the pay on time with the org. Not sure if this changed. Zuffa just wants to get into the pockets of the fighter's sponsor pay is what this is all about. A lot of fighters are getting screwed over on this deal. Good thing there are other options after contracts expire. Would be cool if the fighters could get out of their current contracts due to this BS but Zuffa probably locked that down already.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10815
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by westcott123 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:02 pm

CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:^Damn...A lot of fighters are getting screwed bad by this deal....as expected.  Zuffa management will probably make out well though....as expected.

Of course they will say you gotta sell tickets by talking shit or what they call wwe  English even though not every fighter likes to talk trash .

That's true.  They said they were basing the pay on time with the org.  Not sure if this changed.  Zuffa just wants to get into the pockets of the fighter's sponsor pay is what this is all about.  A lot of fighters are getting screwed over on this deal.  Good thing there are other options after contracts expire.  Would be cool if the fighters could get out of their current contracts due to this BS but Zuffa probably locked that down already.

yeah they will make it one of those sceintollogy a billion year contract thing .

westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1182
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Victor Cui: ‘We’ve gotten a lot of interest’ since UFC-Reebok deal

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:50 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:^Damn...A lot of fighters are getting screwed bad by this deal....as expected.  Zuffa management will probably make out well though....as expected.

Of course they will say you gotta sell tickets by talking shit or what they call wwe  English even though not every fighter likes to talk trash .

That's true.  They said they were basing the pay on time with the org.  Not sure if this changed.  Zuffa just wants to get into the pockets of the fighter's sponsor pay is what this is all about.  A lot of fighters are getting screwed over on this deal.  Good thing there are other options after contracts expire.  Would be cool if the fighters could get out of their current contracts due to this BS but Zuffa probably locked that down already.

yeah they will make it one of those sceintollogy a billion year contract thing .

LOL, yeah could be.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10815
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum