Strikeforce fighters record vs the UFC: 83-56-1 (since Shields>Hendo)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strikeforce fighters record vs the UFC: 83-56-1 (since Shields>Hendo)

Post by OffenseWinsFights on Mon May 25, 2015 5:45 pm

Depending on who you count...

Strikeforce fighters vs UFC: 83-56-1
(strict definition; Only fighters who fought on the Main Card of Major Events; e.g. Jake Shields, Fabricio Werdum, Shane del Rosario, Nah-shon Burrell)

Strikeforce fighters vs UFC: 101-81-1
(+ Prelim'ers in Major Events; e.g. Bobby Green, Yoel Romero, Quinn Mulhern, Josh Cholish)

Strikeforce fighters vs UFC: 111-103-2
(+ Challengers, Zuffaforce/2012; e.g. Bobby Voelker, Shawn Jordan, Nandor Guelmino, Estevan Payan)

Strikeforce fighters vs UFC: 127-123-2
(+ Merger leftovers, Others; e.g. Arlovski, King Mo, Dustin Ortiz, Chris Cope, Carlo Prater)

All starting since the first Unofficial "Strikeforce vs UFC" fight when SF guy, Jake Shields, beat UFC guy, Dan Henderson; April 17,2010.  Only considering things from a Strikeforce perspective (not PrideFC, not the UFC, not Affliction, etc).

This may be arbitrary but it's not necessarily outright bias.

Not counting Strikeforce vs Strikeforce (e.g. Overeem vs Bigfoot, Yoel Romero vs Kennedy, etc)
Not counting WMMA at all.
Not counting 'UFC guys' as Strikeforce (e.g. Marquardt, Paul Daley, Hendo = UFC)

Last edited by OffenseWinsFights on Mon May 25, 2015 8:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
OffenseWinsFights

Back to top Go down

Re: Strikeforce fighters record vs the UFC: 83-56-1 (since Shields>Hendo)

Post by God of Thunder on Mon May 25, 2015 6:15 pm

And Dana called it Strikefarce full of fighters who weren´t on the same level as the UFC guys Laughing

Put the top guys from Ultimate FC in the PRIDE ring against good fighters from other promotions and the Zuffa fanboys will be surprised by the outcome.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Mon May 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Anyone else remember back when MMAFighting.com and others were saying that Strikeforce fighters were wasting their best years by staying in Strikeforce?  Yeah.  I think UFC fighters are wasting time by being in the UFC. It was really at that time that I woke up out of my Zuffa trance. The best shows I have seen were in Strikeforce!

I have heard it said the Coker's greatest talent is finding great fighters.  He has all these connections to coaches who would tell them who their best guys are.  Zuffa, by contrast, just acts like the Borg.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Mon May 25, 2015 7:11 pm

Coker has connections in asia Zuffa and most other promotions will never have. He should use them.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OffenseWinsFights on Mon May 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Additional notes regarding who is and isn't considered a "Strikeforce fighter":

April 17, 2010 = The Strikeforce/UFC Line of Demarcation (LOD)

UFC, not Strikeforce = Cain Velasquez, Clay Guida, Nate Diaz, Brian Caraway, etc. -- Guys who fought in SF first (before fighting in the UFC), but never fought for SF after the LOD.

UFC, not Strikeforce = Paul Daley, Nate Marquardt, Dan Henderson, Ed Herman, etc. -- Guys who fought in SF after the LOD, but for these intents and purposes were still UFC-representative (e.g. Paul Daley was "cut" for reasons other than quality-of-fight-performance; Hendo was a UFC Title Contender but was not re-signed; Marquardt and Herman were UFC guys on leander to SF/Showtime.

Zuffaforce* (not strictly Strikeforce) = Nandor Guelmino, Bristol Marunde, Adrian Martins, Estevan Payan, etc. -- Guys who debuted in SF in 2012*, after it was obvious Zuffa was torpedoing SF.

Last edited by OffenseWinsFights on Mon May 25, 2015 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
OffenseWinsFights

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon May 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Golden Age wrote:And Dana called it Strikefarce full of fighters who weren´t on the same level as the UFC guys Laughing

Put the top guys from Ultimate FC in the PRIDE ring against good fighters from other promotions and the Zuffa fanboys will be surprised by the outcome.

Not surprised. Look at all the talent from SF and WEC that dominate these days. Their LHW Champion is a SF guy, SF guys are dominating the MW division, and WEC guys have been LW champion. The Women's BW division was originally in SF. UFC would be nothing if they didn't poach talent because they clearly can't make them as good.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue May 26, 2015 10:37 am

Damn, SF is getting ass in the UFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue May 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Golden Age wrote:And Dana called it Strikefarce full of fighters who weren´t on the same level as the UFC guys Laughing

That's the real reason zuffa won't allow their fighters to fight in other orgs is because of what happened to chuck in pride and they know that it would happen again if they allow it ,plus a bonus for them they can still brain wash stupid people with their ufc calibre elite every other org sucks bs they always spouting .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue May 26, 2015 6:21 pm

CDF47 wrote:Damn, SF is getting ass in the UFC

Yep and the wec I mean hell even fighters from pride "were it was all fake " sarcasm have managed to hold ufc titles question is how many ufc fighters have won a title in theses organisations? . I bet the number is a lot lower than the fighters from these orgs who have picked up a ufc belt .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by OffenseWinsFights on Tue May 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Plus, "Strikeforce fighters" currently own 50% of the UFC Titles (from LW to HW)
OffenseWinsFights

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed May 27, 2015 11:08 am

westcott123 wrote:

Yep and the wec I mean hell even fighters from pride "were it was all fake " sarcasm have managed to hold ufc titles question is how many ufc fighters have won a title in theses organisations? . I bet the number is a lot lower than the fighters from these orgs who have picked up a ufc belt .

Agreed...The trolls and shills on the other sites can never argue against these facts.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed May 27, 2015 1:11 pm

CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

Agreed...The trolls and shills on the other sites can never argue against these facts.

They can't that's why they always go for the name calling and insults
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu May 28, 2015 11:57 am

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

They can't that's why they always go for the name calling and insults

Exactly

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Update/Revision

Post by Offense_Wins_Fights on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:12 am

Strikeforce (full-fledged) fighters vs UFC: 89-59-1
(strict definition; Only fighters who fought on the Main Card of Major Events; e.g. Jake Shields, Fabricio Werdum, Shane del Rosario, Nah-shon Burrell)

Strikeforce Minor Leaguers: 28-37-1
- Prelimers: 20-26-0
(e.g. Bobby Green, Yoel Romero, Quinn Mulhern, Josh Cholish)

- Challengers: 8-11-1
(e.g. Bobby Voelker, Shawn Jordan, Milton Vieria)

Zuffaforce (post-2012 debuts): 3-11
(e.g. Bristol Marunde, Nandor Guelmino, Estevan Payan, Adriano Martins)

Strikeforce leftovers combined: 30-18-0
(e.g. Arlovski, Kawajiri, Chris Cope, Dustin Ortiz, Ron Stalling -- not directly joining the UFC after SF)

Last edited by Offense_Wins_Fights on Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Offense_Wins_Fights

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:50 am

Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Offense_Wins_Fights on Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:30 pm

AudaxSynth wrote:

I don't get this.
Offense_Wins_Fights

Back to top Go down

Post by Offense_Wins_Fights on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:03 pm

OffenseWinsFights wrote:Plus, "Strikeforce fighters" currently own 50% of the UFC Titles (from LW to HW)

Make that 60%

Last edited by Offense_Wins_Fights on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Offense_Wins_Fights

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pea Is My Mom on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:30 pm

Similar thing happened when WEC merged with UFC: UFC fighters got their asses kicked. Same umbrella, I know, but the product has always been overhyped. WEC was never a "B-league," nor was Strikeforce "bush league."

In fact, some of the biggest stars in the UFC today are Strikeforce guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:10 pm

Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Similar thing happened when WEC merged with UFC: UFC fighters got their asses kicked. Same umbrella, I know, but the product has always been overhyped. WEC was never a "B-league," nor was Strikeforce "bush league."

In fact, some of the biggest stars in the UFC today are Strikeforce guys.

Exactly since what 2006 to today majority of the people that became/become UFC champs came from pride ,wec ,strike force .on different thing about fedor i ask some of them the question if fedor is that terrible who is the actual greatest heavy weight they still haven't answered .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by backdoor to zuffa on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:In fact, some of the biggest stars in the UFC today are Strikeforce guys.

Yep. Ronda Rousey for one.

We are Global-MMA.com.

-backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Add luke rockhold to that list so much for the strikefarce fighters being "inferior" oh i forgot they use the excuse they automatically got better when they signed that ufc contract. oh and the new one "they were ufc guys first" funny how they didn't say that while werdum and lawler were fighting in strikeforce .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by karlracki on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:31 pm

UFC "where the best fight the best, 3x a year"
karlracki

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:46 pm

SF only included Women's division, Men's LW, WW, MW, LHW, and HW divisions. Strikeforce won the titles in every division in the UFC except for LW (5 out of 6 including the women's belt). Even Melendez got the LW title shot but lost it. In the end, SF dominated the UFC. Almost a clean sweep across the board.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:01 pm

CDF47 wrote:SF only included Women's division, Men's LW, WW, MW, LHW, and HW divisions. Strikeforce won the titles in every division in the UFC except for LW (5 out of 6 including the women's belt). Even Melendez got the LW title shot but lost it. In the end, SF dominated the UFC. Almost a clean sweep across the board.

Speaking of LW, you could argue he should've won it.

Of course, the zombies at sherdog are full of excuses like "Werdum and Lawler were UFC first" or "That was five years ago".
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:02 pm

westcott123 wrote:Add luke rockhold to that list so much for the strikefarce fighters being "inferior" oh i forgot they use the excuse they automatically got better when they signed that ufc contract. oh and  the new one "they were ufc guys first" funny how they didn't say that while werdum and lawler were fighting in strikeforce .

Hell, when Dana White would bring up Fedor's loss, he sometimes wouldn't even bring up Werdum's name but would make sure to point out how they cut him as if he was some loser.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum