Ronda Rousey makes $3m a year but most UFC fighters don't get what they deserve

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:47 pm

I used to be an MMA fan until I discovered how many of its athletes are treated in a brutal sport

I really don't get why the UFC an't pay fighters a bit more decently.  In the UFC it is a popularity contest. You know Paige VanZant is getting a decent salary to be a model who gets punched in the face. Meanwhile top athletes in the same org don't get payed half what they should.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronda Rousey makes $3m a year but most UFC fighters don't get what they deserve

Post by Heretic on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:04 am

mma salary is performance based
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Re: Ronda Rousey makes $3m a year but most UFC fighters don't get what they deserve

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:12 am

Paige is prime example...

she's a pretty face and fights in the weakest division in the world

meanwhile the men fight for peanuts...then the reebok deal is slavery

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:08 am

Hamilcar wrote:Ronda Rousey makes $3m a year but most UFC fighters don't get what they deserve
I used to be an MMA fan until I discovered how many of its athletes are treated in a brutal sport

I really don't get why the UFC an't pay fighters a bit more decently.  In the UFC it is a popularity contest. You know Paige VanZant is getting a decent salary to be a model who gets punched in the face.  Meanwhile top athletes in the same org don't get payed half what they should.

One word. Greed.

It is also part of an ideology which is pervasive amongst the rich fucks that are destroying the US. Pay workers as little as possible. Suck up as much as you possibly can. This is formalized in the case of public companies, by the so-called 'shareholder value movement'. The UFC is a private company though. So it's basically just greed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:47 pm

nodogoshi wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:Ronda Rousey makes $3m a year but most UFC fighters don't get what they deserve

I really don't get why the UFC an't pay fighters a bit more decently.  In the UFC it is a popularity contest. You know Paige VanZant is getting a decent salary to be a model who gets punched in the face.  Meanwhile top athletes in the same org don't get payed half what they should.

One word. Greed.

It is also part of an ideology which is pervasive amongst the rich fucks that are destroying the US. Pay workers as little as possible. Suck up as much as you possibly can. This is formalized in the case of public companies, by the so-called 'shareholder value movement'. The UFC is a private company though. So it's basically just greed.

In Republic Plato questions why it is that the most courageous and physically powerful in society (soldiers) are bossed around by the typically wimpy pussies that are politicians. It is the same here in combat sports: Why are the fighters afraid of Dana White? Why won't they stand up to him?
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeWarMachine on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Every dime of that 3 mil better have come from Reebok if other fighters can only get paid by Reebok now

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum