‘Shogun’ back to Rafael Cordeiro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

‘Shogun’ back to Rafael Cordeiro

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:04 am

RiO DE JANEIRO -- Rafael Cordeiro, one of the most decorated coaches in MMA, became one of the hottest names after two of his fighters won UFC titles in 2014 and 2015. After Fabricio Werdum and Rafael dos Anjos won the interim heavyweight championship and the lightweight crown, a former 205-pound champion might return to Cordeiro’s gym.

Mauricio Rua, who trained with Cordeiro in his Chute Boxe days and for a few UFC fights later in his career, revealed during a media scrum in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, that he wants to move to Los Angeles to train at Kings MMA for his UFC 190 clash with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

"Master Rafael Cordeiro visited me in Las Vegas and made me an offer to train with him again, and that’s something I’m thinking about," Rua told the media Wednesday.

Rua’s manager Eduardo Alonso was his head coach for his past UFC fights. Since he lost the light heavyweight title in 2011, "Shogun" went five out of eight. The Brazilian striker was coached by different camps during this recent run, including both Alonso, Cordeiro and Andre Dida.

"I talked to Eduardo and I have that desire (to train with Cordeiro), and I wanted his opinion. He said I have open doors. ‘If you want to, go.’ I need to talk to my family first, Eduardo and Rafael. It’s not 100 percent yet. But I might do my next training camp in Los Angeles."

Rua is one of the coaches of the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil in opposite to heavyweight legend Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. The reality show premieres on April 5.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/28/8252681/shogun-rua-wants-to-train-with-rafael-cordeiro-for-ufc-190-bout-with
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Re: ‘Shogun’ back to Rafael Cordeiro

Post by Heretic on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:41 am

shogun going back to Cordeiro would be awesome.... also I would like to see shogun do more boxing work with freddie roach. His KO over Tehuna was spectacular
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:59 am

I would like to see him retired.

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:35 am

shogun should have fucking stayed with kings mma when he was doing so well

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:31 am

Just forget it. I know people are going to get excited and expect "the old Shogun" but it's over. Shogun should retire. He's too broken down and beat up to be a major player again.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorch on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:56 pm

stu3ufc wrote:shogun should have fucking stayed with kings mma when he was doing so well

I thought the fucking same thing, ever since he went back to brazil hes been doing shit and looks fat

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Dorch wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:shogun should have fucking stayed with kings mma when he was doing so well

I thought the fucking same thing, ever since he went back to brazil hes been doing shit and looks fat

getting married ruined shogun

his wife hates him training away and wants him retired silent

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:00 am

Man it's good that shogun is going to kings cordeiro was one of the guys that made shogun a champ , plus I would love to have the pride version of shogun the one with flying knees spinning kicks jump stomps I know I know we won't get that shogun but still who wouldn't want to see that shogun again ? .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:30 pm

westcott123 wrote:Man it's good that shogun is going to kings  cordeiro was one of the guys that made shogun a champ , plus I would love to have the pride version of shogun the one with flying knees spinning kicks jump stomps I know I know we won't get that shogun but still who wouldn't want to see that shogun again ? .

Shogun should be spending his last fights before retirement with ONE Championship, I'd love to watch him viciously murder Vera again.

I have no desire to see the very last of Shogun's talents wasted in reebok costume for a spiritless company.
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:33 am

If he isn't going any higher than he is now than the best non-UFC fights for him are in Bellator. I want to see him sign there and if he wants take a few outside fights (there are some good ones scattered in KSW and WSOF).

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum