Zuffa lawsuit against WAND -Fixed fights

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zuffa lawsuit against WAND -Fixed fights

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:49 pm

UFC sues Wanderlei Silva in Nevada court for 'Intentional Misconduct'

Wandy is back in the news, but not in a good way. Seems like the UFC has had enough and is taking the expressive, suspended fighter to court.

Sometimes you've had all you can take and you can't take anymore. It appears the UFC may have reached that point with its embattled, suspended MMA legend, Wanderlei Silva. The promotion filed suit against Silva in Nevada district court on Tuesday.

At the moment all we know is the case type: Intentional Misconduct. Electronic access to the complaint isn't currently available so we'll learn more of the nitty-gritty details as soon as a hard copy of the complaint is requested from the courthouse in Las Vegas.

It doesn't take a genius to infer that the UFC is likely going after Silva for any or all of the numerous accusatory statements he's made against the promotion while still technically being under contract, as his suspension for running away from a Nevada Athletic Commission drug test gets settled.

In fact, just six days ago UFC President Dana White gave a not-so-subtle Twitter hint ' ' that a lawsuit might happen. It's now official and we should learn more shortly.

source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/29/9066041/mma-lawsuit-ufc-sues-fighter-wanderlei-silva-intentional-misconduct

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Re: Zuffa lawsuit against WAND -Fixed fights

Post by Dorch on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:18 pm

Free Wandy from that shit promotion so we may see him fight again.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:16 pm

They won't they will try to make an example out of him as warning to other fighters still in the rooster they say the UFC is not a dictator ship and slave contracts .

The zombies are going into the pride fc. Fights were all fixed thing big Time now what is ironic is they are giving wanderlei shit for saying fights are fixed without any evidence yet they automatically believe Gary goodridge who says pride was fixed without any evidence .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:30 pm

Dorch wrote:Free Wandy from that shit promotion so we may see him fight again.
Wanderlei should fight for the M-1 LHW strap if he doesn´t retire. His UFC career has been shit imo like everyones UFC career.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:25 pm

In better news zuffa was denied in court and has to come up with a massive amount of highly detailed account of finances,fighter pay,event profits etc.....

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:48 pm

westcott123 wrote:They won't they will try to make an example out of him as warning to other fighters still in the rooster they say the UFC is not a dictator ship and slave contracts .

The zombies are going into the pride fc. Fights were all fixed thing big Time now what is ironic is they are giving wanderlei shit for saying fights are fixed without any evidence yet they automatically believe Gary goodridge who says pride was fixed without any evidence .

i do agree at the irony however wand has to prove zuffa fixed fights in the ufc.... not pride fc who were owned by someone else at the time

Wand is gonna get ruined if zuffa have their way

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:49 pm

fka wrote:In better news zuffa was denied in court and has to come up with a massive amount of highly detailed account of finances,fighter pay,event profits etc.....
really!!!

thanks for the update!!!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Lawsuit is obviously complete bullshit.

I think fka should sue stu, based on the Zuffa standards of litigation.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 pm

fka wrote:In better news zuffa was denied in court and has to come up with a massive amount of highly detailed account of finances,fighter pay,event profits etc.....

You got a source for that?

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:04 pm

nodogoshi wrote:Lawsuit is obviously complete bullshit.

I think fka should sue stu, based on the Zuffa standards of litigation.

I'll sue the pants off a you ...you big sexy bastard

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:22 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/28/9064379/ufc-fighters-lawsuit-judge-denies-motion-discovery-antitrust

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:38 am

According to Zuffa's counsel "Plaintiffs seek 15 years of Zuffa's financial statements; balance sheets; regulatory filings; gate and merchandizing receipts from bouts, broken down by event, 'in as granular form as it is maintained'; revenues from broadcasts of bouts, broken down by event; advertising revenues, broken down by event; and revenues related to all MMA fighters, broken down by fighter, month and year, and itemized by revenue source and line item."

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Yup.

Tho it will probly never go public,the info can be picked apart by plaintiffs and hopefully helps fuck zuffa.

Of course judge coukd just dismiss the case and all this is for not...

But keep fingers crossed ITS GODS WILL for zuffa to fall!!

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:24 pm

fka wrote:Yup.

Tho it will probly never go public,the info can be picked apart by plaintiffs and hopefully helps fuck zuffa.

Who knows how this will turn out

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorch on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Golden Age wrote:
Dorch wrote:Free Wandy from that shit promotion so we may see him fight again.
Wanderlei should fight for the M-1 LHW strap if he doesn´t retire. His UFC career has been shit imo like everyones UFC career.

Also Wanderlei in some Bellaforce one night tournament wouldnt be too shabby!

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:03 pm

fka wrote:Yup.

If it is admitted as evidence it becomes public basically (part of the record of the proceedings), if I'm not mistaken.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:16 pm

Defendant's Motion to Stay [103] is DENIED. The parties are directed to meet and confer and submit a proposed form of Confidentiality and Protective Order, as well as ESI Protocols, within 30 days from today's date. The Court is going to impose restrictions on discovery while the District Judge considers the pending Motion to Dismiss, and periodic Status Conferences will be held. Plaintiffs' Counsel are encouraged to reconsider their broad discovery requests.

So does this mean that the UFC is going to have to now open up their books up to the world? No, not at all. But it does mean that the Plaintiffs will most likely be able to proceed with depositions, interrogatories and document discovery. That doesn't mean of course that everything will be ruled pertinent to the case. Nor does it mean that any of it will ever be made available to the public. (But there's always the chance.)

First it is worth noting that the court made it clear it is going to "impose restrictions on discovery" while considering the Motion to Dismiss. What exactly those restrictions will be wasn't made clear though. The Court also encouraged the Plaintiff's Counsel to "reconsider their broad discovery requests."

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:11 pm

I read that article but I get the impression the writer doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. To put that differently, I get the impression he's an MMA writer.

Back to top Go down

Post by RussianTopTeam on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:51 am

Zuffa need to just fire Wand and let him do his own thing. I hope Wand wins the lawsuit and becomes the Snowden of MMA.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:51 am

Ive talked with lawyers on another site who agreed with analysis but id agree that an mma writer might not be fully knowledgeable about legal matters.

Personally i hope it all gets leaked

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Of course there has been fight fixing, just in a more complex way that many may have thought about. Whether wand comes up with the proof is questionable, but I believe with every fiber in my body that there have been numerous fight fixes already in the UFC

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:13 am

Longtime Fan wrote: Of course there has been fight fixing, just in a more complex way that many may have thought about. Whether wand comes up with the proof is questionable, but I believe with every fiber in my body that there have been numerous fight fixes already in the UFC

Such as?
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Without getting into specific fights, the stats suggest that fixed fights usually occur in fights inside the U.S as this statistical website suggests:
http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/05/19/statistical-analysis-questionable-judging-mma/

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:43 pm

I bet 5 of those in USA were fucking diego sanchez

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:35 pm

It's basically what I was saying years ago , that if fights will be fixed , it will be through the most ambiguous way , not through telling the fighters to take a dive.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum