Rey Sefo - Palhares stripped and suspended by WSOF

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rey Sefo - Palhares stripped and suspended by WSOF

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:54 pm

nodogoshi wrote:To repeat myself I watched a YouTube video and it didn't look that bad.

Too hell with so called 'tradition' and 'respect'. This is prize fighting.

'tradition' and 'respect' in a steel cage designed in 1993 Rolling LMAO in a sport thats only had legit rules for 15 years Rolling LMAO Rolling LMAO Rolling LMAO

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by rezin on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Ray Sefo should ban Jake Shields for being a dedicated lay and prayer who games the system and uses banned substances, not to k.o. his opponents, but to lay and pray.

That fight was exiting despite Shields and only because of Palhares.

It is rare that such a skilled system gamer like Shields can be thwarted from poisoning a fight.

- Ikuhisa Minowa. 1976 - infinity
rezin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:53 pm

nodogoshi wrote:
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:To repeat myself I watched a YouTube video and it didn't look that bad.

That come from Tradition martial art.I agree throw that shit away because this prize fighting.Get lock in cage and unleash animal inside of them

Tradition and respect are nice, but this is prize fighting.

Maybe you feel that way, but it is still a rule in prize fighting. There are rules in prize fighting. Look at the gif or video of the Palharas/Shields fight alongside any other submission win and you'll see the difference. Or even alongside an end round ref seperation. The fighters stop what they are doing immediately when the ref touches them. Palharas knows exactly what he is doing in that extra second or two.

I, and others say he should be blackballed from competing for continual disregard of the rules. Maybe you feel otherwise, but I and many others, feel that the tap and ref tap should be respected and obeyed without hesitation.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:06 am

Hamilcar wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

That come from Tradition martial art.I agree throw that shit away because this prize fighting.Get lock in cage and unleash animal inside of them

Maybe you feel that way, but it is still a rule in prize fighting.  There are rules in prize fighting.  Look at the gif or video of the Palharas/Shields fight alongside any other submission win and you'll see the difference.  Or even alongside an end round ref seperation.  The fighters stop what they are doing immediately when the ref touches them.  Palharas knows exactly what he is doing in that extra second or two.  

I, and others say he should be blackballed from competing for continual disregard of the rules.  Maybe you feel otherwise, but I and many others, feel that the tap and ref tap should be respected and obeyed without hesitation.  

I disagree that it is black and white. I think it's a grey area actually. Maybe there are some customs in amateur jiu jitsu matches. But this is prize fighting.

You and others may disagree with me. I and others disagree with you and them.

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:19 am

Hamilcar wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

Maybe you feel that way, but it is still a rule in prize fighting.  There are rules in prize fighting.  Look at the gif or video of the Palharas/Shields fight alongside any other submission win and you'll see the difference.  Or even alongside an end round ref seperation.  The fighters stop what they are doing immediately when the ref touches them.  Palharas knows exactly what he is doing in that extra second or two.  

I, and others say he should be blackballed from competing for continual disregard of the rules.  Maybe you feel otherwise, but I and many others, feel that the tap and ref tap should be respected and obeyed without hesitation.  
The guys has win streak in mma as right now. it would be stupid to blackballed him beside that wouldn't make sense happen in prize fighting.MMA promoter shouldn't  act like as a regulatory body but this bs happen in mma.it's up to the commission  to deal with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:28 am

The guys has win streak in mma as right now. it would be stupid to blackballed him beside that wouldn't make sense happen in prize fighting.MMA promoter shouldn't  act like as a regulatory body but this bs happen in mma.it's up to the commission  to deal with this.

I don't care who blackballs him. Everyone should blackball him. He should not have gotten the win for any of those fights. He broke the rules, you get a DQ, just like if you are punching someone in the back of the skull.

You are not a submission expert if you don't know what a tap means. They teach you to respect the tap Day One.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:45 am

Hamilcar wrote:

I don't care who blackballs him.  Everyone should blackball him.  He should not have gotten the win for any of those fights.  He broke the rules, you get a DQ, just like if you are punching someone in the back of the skull.  

You are not a submission expert if you don't know what a tap means.  They teach you to respect the tap Day One.  

this is mma not bjj

dont blame him...blame the refs and the ruleset..... we need a change of rules about stoppages

also I bet you dont give a shit for when fighters take extra punches when they get ktfo i.e hendo bomb on bisping

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:51 am

also you can have the submission and then the guy deny a tap and in the end you could lose a fight through their cheating.

i.e Linland vs Bustamente

also a lot of mma fans dont even train so they dont even know what it feels like.... submissions being held for an extra 1 second wont hurt u badly unless its a heel hook.

as for the eye gouges it's hard to see what happened

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:45 am

stu3ufc wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:

I don't care who blackballs him.  Everyone should blackball him.  He should not have gotten the win for any of those fights.  He broke the rules, you get a DQ, just like if you are punching someone in the back of the skull.  

You are not a submission expert if you don't know what a tap means.  They teach you to respect the tap Day One.  

this is mma not bjj

dont blame him...blame the refs and the ruleset..... we need a change of rules about stoppages

also I bet you dont give a shit for when fighters take extra punches when they get ktfo i.e hendo bomb on bisping

No, I am consistent. Punches after the bell/stoppage should be punished as well. (So, yes, Shields should be reprimanded in this fight.) One of the worst aspects of MMA is the lack of consistency in rules. Consistency in rewards and punishments is something that I am huge on everywhere in life.

I don't know about you guys, but I am unhappy with classless, barbaric MMA. It needs consistency in rules and the refs should uphold those rules and the fighters should instantly obey the refs.

Palharas is deliberately ignoring the refs so that he can get a boner from holding subs. He needs a lifetime suspension.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Toquiño is a true apex predator , using any psychological advantage to his favor. Just like Tyson when he bit evander holyfields ear. Sometimes you just gotta let the victim survive to tell the tale.

Let's just all be grateful that he isn't a rnc or guillotine technician or it would be game over.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum