Fedor in negotiations with the UFC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fedor in negotiations with the UFC

Post by fka on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:10 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/5/9100329/fedor-reveals-ufc-nregotiations-in-process-fabricio-werdum-mma-news

The desire to fight in my blood," Fedor responded when asked about his return. "I'm in the sport for 11 years - my whole life is training and competition. Over the years, there has been a thirst not only to participate in battles, but also to transfer their knowledge and skills. After consulting with trainers, with the support of the family, I decided to return.

"I must admit that I still had a long talk with my wife to get her support. But I found the words and persuaded Xenia. It generally supports me in every endeavor. And my mother ... my mother is very worried. Immediately I call, she learned. But in the end, too, I took my decision."

The former Pride FC heavyweight champion also noted that multiple promotions have bid for his services and that negotiations are underway with the UFC, as well as several other North American and Japanese promotions.

"Now this is being negotiated, in particular with the UFC, as well as some other promotions. I think it will soon be finally determined. As for the opponent, I would say that desire must comply opportunities. I would like to face the strongest fighters in the world - UFC champion Fabricio Werdum. Given that over three years, I did not fight during the first fight I would like to get involved, check for myself.

"So now I'll regain my shape after returning from "Mashuk" [youth forum] and will then begin a scheduled training camp."
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor in negotiations with the UFC

Post by fka on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:13 pm

So he is in talks with multiple orgs but seems the focus is getting a deal done with the UFC.

He wants a tune up fight which is a good sign but wants to fight the best which is another good sign.

Hopefully the winning bidder will be announced soon....im on the edge of my seat here.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:27 pm

If he signs with ufc i bet first fight is arlovski rematch.

My opinion it should be josh barnett give the fans the fight that never happened and give a barometer for us to measure fedors skills on.

When he bests barnett.....#1 contender fight with arlovski.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:22 pm

most likely Cain if by end of year in my opinion

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by rezin on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:51 pm

Gross. After all the propaganda unleashed from zuffa he shouldn't even be talking with them.

The terms of service haven't gotten better either, and dana is still dana, cage, unified rules e.t.c.

Don't betray yourself for a worthless belt. You wanna be a fucking fighter? You wanna be a coach on tuf for 6 months and then do another 6 months of press just so you can get a simple fight done?

Don't do it. It's not God's will. These people are Satan, only without a sense of aesthetics.

Demons be gone.

Last edited by rezin on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Ikuhisa Minowa. 1976 - infinity
rezin

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Can you imagine fedors reebok uniform ahaahahah

omg please dont sell out fedor please!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:55 am

stu3ufc wrote:Can you imagine fedors reebok uniform ahaahahah

Yeah, I can. Good luck with Reebok spelling "Emelianenko".
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:04 pm

I have mixed feelings about Fedor possibly signing with the UFC , but if it did happen and he fought werdum for his first match and WON , IT WOULD BE SO FUCKIN EPIC!!!

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:05 pm

Longtime Fan wrote:I have mixed feelings about Fedor possibly signing with the UFC , but if it did happen and he fought werdum for his first match and WON , IT WOULD BE SO FUCKIN EPIC!!!
Zuffa will never let Fedor anywhere close to the HW belt. They would match him up against dirty mid-tier cagefighters until he loses so they can say Fedor is an all time can.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:24 pm

True that.

Specially if Fedor doesn't commit and sign a multi fight deal.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:18 pm

There aren't many competetive fights for Fedor outside of UFC, Bellator, and M1. Coker said he isn't interested (or just couldn't afford him)and Vadim says he will likely fight in America.
I really hope he doesn't go right to UFC as they will throw him to the dogs.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum