Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:01 pm

The only way to get rid of the Fertitta sisters is to kill cagefighting and support the oldschool JMMA version of the sport (PRIDE, DREAM, Senguko etc). ONE, Bellator and KSW are alright but they promote the Zuffa version of the sport and we need a true revolution.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Yes Audax, CDF47, Rocksoldier84, Hamilcar and FKA I´m looking at you (among others).

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:35 pm

R.I.P European PRIDE Crying or Very sad

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:36 pm

I don't think the cage or the unified rules will ever die out but I do wish there was more variety in MMA like a ring and cage even rage or something entirely different like ganjurima or how it is spelt .

It does get dull when nearly every org uses the exact same platform and rule set though it is nice to have variety like the saying goes variety is the spice of life .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:44 pm

westcott123 wrote:I don't think the cage or the unified rules will ever die out but I do wish there was more variety in MMA like a ring and cage even rage or something entirely different like ganjurima or how it is spelt .

It does get dull when nearly every org uses the exact same platform and rule set though it is nice to have variety like the saying goes variety is the spice of life .
For a long time I believed the Zuffa and the JMMA version of mma could co-exist but I was completely wrong. The Zuffa cancer proved to be too strong and the mma I fell in love with is completely gone.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Golden Age wrote:R.I.P European PRIDE Crying or Very sad

Man that is a pity does FFC still use the ring for their MMA fight or are they also going the cage route ?
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:49 pm

westcott123 wrote:
Golden Age wrote:R.I.P European PRIDE Crying or Very sad

Man that is a pity does FFC still use the ring for their MMA fight or are they also going the cage route ?
FFC still uses the ring as far as I know but it´s only a matter of time..
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Lol golden age.....

Who will you be looking at when fedor signs with zuffa?

Its kinda strange imo to think the revolution is going to come from using jmma version when even japan isn't really all that interested in it.

Itd be one thing if business was booming in japan but its not reslly.

Cage is fine by me as is ring my real issue comes with unified rules that is zuffa mma in a nutshell.

Cage has been proven as a viable platform using pride rules its the stupid unified rules and judging criteria that are killing the sport.

Im afraid if your waiting for ring mma to boom again it will be exclusively in japan or asian market.

For it to happen in US its not as simple as just switching to ring.....usa had been conditioned to cage and frankly north american mma was founded in a cage ,people dont automatically think of mma when a ring is brought up.

I want zuffa to die but i dont need the second coming of pride to be happy with mma.If Bellator took #1 position id be ecstatic,they share fighters,help other orgs,bring showmanship back to mma,tournaments that matter.

They have all the qualitys i like they genuinely have a guy in coker who has good vision for the sport in that relationships matter be it athlete,manager,or organization bellator has little to no detractors including owners of other orgs.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:59 pm

fka wrote:Lol golden age.....

Who will you be looking at when fedor signs with zuffa?

Its kinda strange imo to think the revolution is going to come from using jmma version when even japan isn't really all that interested in it.

Itd be one thing if business was booming in japan but its not reslly.

Cage is fine by me as is ring my real issue comes with unified rules that is zuffa mma in a nutshell.

Cage has been proven as a viable platform using pride rules its the stupid unified rules and judging criteria that are killing the sport.

Im afraid if your waiting for ring mma to boom again it will be exclusively in japan or asian market.

For it to happen in US its not as simple as just switching to ring.....usa had been conditioned to cage and frankly north american mma was founded in a cage ,people dont automatically think of mma when a ring is brought up.

I want zuffa to die but i dont need the second coming of pride to be happy with mma.If Bellator took #1 position id be ecstatic,they share fighters,help other orgs,bring showmanship back to mma,tournaments that matter.

They have all the qualitys i like they genuinely have a guy in coker who has good vision for the sport in that relationships matter be it athlete,manager,or organization bellator has little to no detractors including owners of other orgs.
If Fedor signs with Zuffa he´s a sellout! No matter the rules combat sports in a cage is and will always be trash. I´m a kickboxing fan originally and became a fan of mma (PRIDE) when Cro Cop signed with them. I never liked the UFC and I never will, including their copycats.

I have all the time in the world and I´ll keep waiting for "PRIDE" to come back. Sooner or later people will get tired of cagefighting and if not I´ll just watch other combat sports. Still the fans need to work together to bring real mma back and work against the trash version of mma.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:17 pm

MMA is dead to me.....

Unless it's in a ring under pride fc rules I dont wanna know....

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Golden Age wrote:
westcott123 wrote:I don't think the cage or the unified rules will ever die out but I do wish there was more variety in MMA like a ring and cage even rage or something entirely different like ganjurima or how it is spelt .

For a long time I believed the Zuffa and the JMMA version of mma could co-exist but I was completely wrong. The Zuffa cancer proved to be too strong and the mma I fell in love with is completely gone.

makes me sick they wouldnt even have one pride fc event under pride rules in japan

like they said they would.

instead they force ultimate fighting down the necks of uninterested japanese fans with aging japanese fighters who are 5-10 years past their primes

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by rezin on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:43 pm

To be completely honest - no, I don't want to see cage fighting die out.

This is kind of nostalgic for me, as the cage reminds me of when I was a kid in the early 1990's, and in the summer we'd vacation in a village where we had relatives.

They had a cage similar to the ufc one, that protected chickens from running away, and we'd feed the chickens and they would lay eggs and we had fresh eggs with a yoke you would't believe.

- Ikuhisa Minowa. 1976 - infinity
rezin

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:02 pm

I wish the MMA landscape was just like before when we had the two top dog organizations UFC and pride providing great variety and competition in MMA.  In a perfect world we would continue to have Mma in a special type of ring because it's been proven that fights in a ring are more action-packed, and allow strikers to cut off running  grapplers . The true equalizer and what's needed in the grappler friendly cage (Unfair advantage)

I could write a book on how the game changed for the worse once the unified rules took over. It's gets overlooked as one of the biggest detrimental changes to Mma constantly (people rather focus on the watering down of cards under Zuffa control). How many fighters became worse at their craft when their main tools got taken away ? Shogun and wand just to name a few.

My thing was knees on the ground. It made so much sense to continue to have them implemented . When they took them away I knew the effect it would have on fights. It meant instantly that the stand up fighter had only one chance , a knee to the head of an incoming fighter trying a takedown. The grappler no longer was scared of missing td attempts , he no longer had to fear north south position knees to the head off of a pancake sprawl. Yet another convenient benefit for Zuffa since this game changer could've meant less decisions in the UFC , but less decisions for the UFC means less money for the UFC in the sense that the UFC prefers when fights go to decision because they can manipulate the outcome through dubious judging.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:22 pm

Gotta love the people that defend the Americanized cage fighting at all costs.

It has destroyed mma.

Zuffa and it's fanboys have taken the martial art out of mma.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:20 pm

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:Gotta love the people that defend the Americanized cage fighting at all costs.

It has destroyed mma.

Zuffa and it's fanboys have taken the martial art out of mma.

it's just corporate Cage fighting now

tune in next week for more UFC as the top 50 guy fights the 49th ranked guy in the main event

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by backdoor to zuffa on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:04 am

Sakakibara is our last hope.

We are Global-MMA.com.

-backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:18 am

I don't mind there being cage and ring (and rage). Honestly MMA in North America probably can't exist without a cage at this point, the best you could hope for is that Bellator's hybrid event shows more MMA fans how much nicer the ring is visually for spectators.

Anyways having the two different versions of MMA simultaneously would be the most ideal thing, akin to how there are K-1/GLORY rule sport kickboxing leagues and then traditional muay thai leagues.
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:46 am

Golden Age wrote:Yes Audax, CDF47, Rocksoldier84, Hamilcar and FKA I´m looking at you (among others).

Really? Me? I don't support the cage anymore. I know I used to, but not anymore. If only because it promotes the nu-metal head/Just Bleed mentality. Further, the sucktacular crapplers use it for easy takedowns (because they otherwise can't get a takedown.) I haven't watched a single Bellator fight for probably three years. The last UFC fight I watched was the Cormier/Johnson fight (and I probably won't watch any other for the rest of the year). That's why I pointed out Kunlun's use of the Ring for an MMA fight. I think it shows that the Ring is making a comeback.

Let's put it this way: my ideal MMA org would have the M-1 Rage ring with ONE's ruleset.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:30 am

I love PRIDE but PRIDE as we know it is gone forever (at least as long as Zuffa owns it). There's other great MMA out there.

It's frustrating because how many times do I have to say that it's not the fucking cage or ring that make fights exciting. It's the motherfucking rules. Let me ask this, if a cage makes fights boring or give grapplers advantages then why is it that the finish rate in ONE is so high? Why are they exciting? Last time I checked they have a cage. Not only that but their last event had 8 fights end in T/KO. Hell, Ben Askren is finishing fights in the first round.

I want Dana White, The Ferrittas, and the Unified Rules gone from MMA but I don't need a ring or PRIDE to enjoy MMA.

Last thing, the only reason everybody here hates the cage is because the UFC was the first to use it. If PRIDE used it, you would love it. If UFC used a ring then you would complain that they're putting the fighters in danger because they could fall out.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:10 am

MMA is dead

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:53 am

AudaxSynth wrote:I don't mind there being cage and ring (and rage). Honestly MMA in North America probably can't exist without a cage at this point, the best you could hope for is that Bellator's hybrid event shows more MMA fans how much nicer the ring is visually for spectators.

Anyways having the two different versions of MMA simultaneously would be the most ideal thing, akin to how there are K-1/GLORY rule sport kickboxing leagues and then traditional muay thai leagues.
The Zuffa version of mma can not co-exist with the "PRIDE version". It´s very clear atm as the cancer swallows all promotions and fans. If mma in north america has to die then that´s the way it has to be. They already killed the sport so there´s no difference.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:00 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:I love PRIDE but PRIDE as we know it is gone forever (at least as long as Zuffa owns it). There's other great MMA out there.

It's frustrating because how many times do I have to say that it's not the fucking cage or ring that make fights exciting. It's the motherfucking rules. Let me ask this, if a cage makes fights boring or give grapplers advantages then why is it that the finish rate in ONE is so high? Why are they exciting? Last time I checked they have a cage. Not only that but their last event had 8 fights end in T/KO. Hell, Ben Askren is finishing fights in the first round.

I want Dana White, The Ferrittas, and the Unified Rules gone from MMA but I don't need a ring or PRIDE to enjoy MMA.

Last thing, the only reason everybody here hates the cage is because the UFC was the first to use it. If PRIDE used it, you would love it. If UFC used a ring then you would complain that they're putting the fighters in danger because they could fall out.
You just don´t get it. I don´t care about how exciting the fights are in the cage vs the ring or how many finishes there are. I don´t care much about the rules and I´m not against the cage because UFC had it first.

Combat sports that takes place in a cage is low class and complete garbage. They give it the prison fight feeling and they cater to that fanbase as well.

MMA should be a showcase of world class athletes from different disciplines. It should be about the history of combat sports, honour and respect. Cage fighting will never achieve this, it´s more about bad guys trying to cause harm to each other in front of a blood thirsty crowd.

Last edited by Golden Age on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:02 am

MMA is dead....and it was killed by Zuffa and the people that support the low class Zuffa Product.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by megaronnie on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:05 pm

yes, it needs to die a sadistic and painful death

Never Forget.......

megaronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:57 pm

I prefer MMA in a ring but I like having both ring and cage in the sport with different orgs. I prefer ring with PRIDE rules or full rules in Asia and cage Unified Rules in US.

Zuffa are scumbags though and the over-saturated generic Reebok fighter version of MMA sucks.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum