Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by God of Thunder on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:09 pm

CDF47 wrote:I prefer MMA in a ring but I like having both ring and cage in the sport with different orgs.  I prefer ring with PRIDE rules or full rules in Asia and cage Unified Rules in US.

Zuffa are scumbags though and the over-saturated generic Reebok fighter version of MMA sucks.
The different versions of mma can´t coexist because cagefighting/UFC swallows almost all promotions, fans and countries. In time you guys will also wake up and understand what I´m talking about.


Last edited by Golden Age on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by God of Thunder on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:09 pm

megaronnie wrote:yes, it needs to die a sadistic and painful death
We must be soulmates I love you
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by fka on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:35 pm

Unified rules are the problem,apply them to any org using a ring and watch the finish rate and overall quality of fights drop dramatically.

Meanwhile ONE is pumping out great fights and high finish rate in a cage....why? The rules.

Ring doesn't exude class im so tired of hearing that lol.Ive witnessed so many bloody kickboxing,muay thai,boxing,and pro wrestling matches in a ring.

Thats pretty much the same sentiment most have over here.

Another thing its not just Americans loving the ufc bs look at every Brazil event hell ppl in brazil cheered rousey over corriea lol


_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6543
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by fka on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:38 pm

There can be 2 styles of mma but japan cant seem to hold up its end.

I mean they've tried with DREAM but its like the passion is gone so to stay with whats popular nearly every org switched to cage and unified rules.

If a serious org arose in japan with big money it could snatch alot of talent due to reebok.

Now is the time for jmma to rise if its going to .

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6543
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:45 pm

MMA is stale as fuck

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5132
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:50 pm

I love when the zuffa mma fans try to justify their love for the cage.

avatar
TeamJohnPerretti
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 1855
Join date : 2013-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by marchegiano on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:23 am

They've destroyed public perception of MMA. Not only do morons go around chanting UFC fighters are the best, but it's moved into everything Zuffa does. Zuffa's cage is some how not only the right form of MMA, but they have the best cage. Zuffa not only has the right type of medical staff, but the best of them. Zuffa doesn't just have ring girls, they have magical nymph ring girls that make the rest look like hags. My absolute favorite though is Zuffa has the best commentary in the business of commentary. I've even seen/read others claim the UFC highers better camera and sound crew members....ridiculous.

You'd think just watching a UFC even would change peoples' lives and perspective on life by the way they speak. As if the UFC was the next Dali Lama or some such. I'm frustrated to no end with that shit. It does my heart good to see you boy ain't lost yer senses. to answer the question, I don't actually mind a cage, I mind the mindset they promote.

_________________
The Ballad of Yankee Sullivan
He'd spent some time in Botany Bay atoning for his sins
He fought a bout with Hammer Lane and took a tainted win
He was the hero of the Bowery, a prince of lawless times
Then was battered by the "Butcherman" in 1849
He knew the game of fisticuffs, he knew the game of fight
But no one knew the game would come and take his life that night
Fisticuffs by Primus
avatar
marchegiano

Posts : 562
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by CDF47 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:51 pm

stu3ufc wrote:MMA is stale as fuck

I agree.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11566
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by Hamilcar on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:22 am

For me MMA is supposed to be Mixed Martial Arts. It is supposed to be about martial arts. The cage distorts that. It has actually added at least two techniques/tactics that do not exist in the world of martial arts and self defense: Cage leaning and takedowns off the cage. You never saw jujutsu, wrestlers and judo guys training either of these before. When I was in MMA I was actually taught and trained on how to specifically lean into a guy on the cage. How does that help you out in a real fight/self defense situation? Is there a cage out there to lean on in the alleyways? Even if there was, would I want to do that against some hoodlum who attacked me?
A Ring has neither of these. Not only these tactics boring to watch, they are also only applicable in a cage fighting format. Takedowns off a cage hurt the quality of grappling and wrestling in the sport as well. The fighters rely on it as they don't have to worry about a guy sprawling out of a takedown attempt. I don't want to watch or promote such low level, risk free crappling (which is why I like to watch Cormier's slams).

The "Unified Rules" are another problem that creates this perception that grappling is the end all be all of martial arts and self defense. No it isn't. Taking away kicks to grounded opponents takes away the reality of violence and combat. You are far from safe if you go to the ground. That is supposed to be where you lose. Even Bruce Lee (who the UFC likes to promote as the inventor of mixed martial arts) did not grapple and instead taught kicking a grounded opponent

I'll leave my rant finished here.

avatar
Hamilcar
Moderator

Location : Hangzhou
Posts : 1138
Join date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:58 am

Hamilcar wrote:For me MMA is supposed to be Mixed Martial Arts.  It is supposed to be about martial arts.  The cage distorts that.  It has actually added at least two techniques/tactics that do not exist in the world of martial arts and self defense: Cage leaning and takedowns off the cage.


Zuffa mma and it's fan base don't care about the martial arts. They care about cage fighting. No talk of the individual martial arts and honor.

Even in the early days when most of the events were "no rules" events and played up the violence there was talk of the martial arts and a sense of respect.

Now it's the low intelligence fan base cheering on Dana White because he cursed someone out.


avatar
TeamJohnPerretti
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 1855
Join date : 2013-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:49 am

fka wrote:Unified rules are the problem,apply them to any org using a ring and watch the finish rate and overall quality of fights drop dramatically.

Meanwhile ONE is pumping out great fights and high finish rate in a cage....why? The rules.

Ring doesn't exude class im so tired of hearing that lol.Ive witnessed so many bloody kickboxing,muay thai,boxing,and pro wrestling matches in a ring.

Thats pretty much the same sentiment most have over here.

Another thing its not just Americans loving the ufc bs look at every Brazil event hell ppl in brazil cheered rousey over corriea lol


Exactly. Until someone here proves the cage hurts fights by given a ONE example with global rules then you can't convince me the cage hurts it because all the examples I hear are with fights contested under Unified Rules.

Ring exuding class is a fucking joke. All I hear about regarding the ring is "But fighters won't be able to run then they can corner their opponent and knock them out". How the fuck does that exude class? The way everyone describes a ring fight makes me think of a gang cornering someone in an alley and mugging them. Also, what kind of talent does it take to corner an opponent and knock them out? How does that show us who's the best? By acting like a thug on the streets?
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1274
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by CDF47 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:01 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
fka wrote:Unified rules are the problem,apply them to any org using a ring and watch the finish rate and overall quality of fights drop dramatically.

Meanwhile ONE is pumping out great fights and high finish rate in a cage....why? The rules.

Ring doesn't exude class im so tired of hearing that lol.Ive witnessed so many bloody kickboxing,muay thai,boxing,and pro wrestling matches in a ring.

Thats pretty much the same sentiment most have over here.

Another thing its not just Americans loving the ufc bs look at every Brazil event hell ppl in brazil cheered rousey over corriea lol


Exactly. Until someone here proves the cage hurts fights by given a ONE example with global rules then you can't convince me the cage hurts it because all the examples I hear are with fights contested under Unified Rules.

Ring exuding class is a fucking joke. All I hear about regarding the ring is "But fighters won't be able to run then they can corner their opponent and knock them out". How the fuck does that exude class? The way everyone describes a ring fight makes me think of a gang cornering someone in an alley and mugging them. Also, what kind of talent does it take to corner an opponent and knock them out? How does that show us who's the best? By acting like a thug on the streets?

I think both ring and cage have a place in the sport.  Ring is better because it favors strikers with the four corners which can be cut off and has less advantage for wrestlers who can clinch against the cage for takedowns. I don't mind the occasional different style rings and cages for certain orgs. Round cage cage, hexagon, octagon,..., are all good as they add more diversity in the sport. The sport definitely needs a major league ring org. and more minor league ring orgs. as well. Then different types of rings, like the Rage, would be cool.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11566
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by fka on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Cages favor whoever has better game plan and execution of techniques.

The amount of take downs success is equal to failure rate because of cage.

Yes wrestlers can pin you in a corner and take you down,but a good sprawl and brawler can easily counter tds and get back up off the ground utilizing the cage.


Im more impressed by a striker able to pick apart an opponent in open space its easy to throw combos when someone is stuck in a corner.


The problem is unified rules....

Take away the "stay active"BS letting guys pitter patter guys with non fight ending strikes just to stay in dominant position whole round,enforce the timidity rule make guys standup or breakup clinches more if fighters arent advancing position or trying to end the fight.


Those are my main problems with unified rules along with judging criteria but the cage is great.

I have no problem with a ring but its not the most superior arena of combat.....literally every arena has some flaws....the rules are the most important thing.ONEfc are a living breathing example that cage works,unified rules dont.

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6543
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by fka on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Rocksoldier said..."Exactly. Until someone here proves the cage hurts fights by given a ONE example with global rules then you can't convince me the cage hurts it because all the examples I hear are with fights contested under Unified Rules."


BOOM goes the dynamite!!!!

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6543
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:33 pm

fka wrote:Cages favor whoever has better game plan and execution of techniques.

The amount of take downs success is equal to failure rate because of cage.

Yes wrestlers can pin you in a corner and take you down,but a good sprawl and brawler can easily counter tds and get back up off the ground utilizing the cage.


Im more impressed by a striker able to pick apart an opponent in open space its easy to throw combos when someone is stuck in a corner.


The problem is unified rules....

Take away the "stay active"BS letting guys pitter patter guys with non fight ending strikes just to stay in dominant position whole round,enforce the timidity rule make guys standup or breakup clinches more if fighters arent advancing position or trying to end the fight.


Those are my main problems with unified rules along with judging criteria but the cage is great.

I have no problem with a ring but its not the most superior arena of combat.....literally every arena has some flaws....the rules are the most important thing.ONEfc are a living breathing example that cage works,unified rules dont.

You know what the irony is? Is that a cage can be more a detriment to wrestlers than a ring can because as you said, fighters can wall walk to get back up. When fighters are on the ground in a ring, they're always in the middle since the takedown happens there or they're repositioned in the middle. Getting up from the middle is harder than getting up with a wall.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1274
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:10 am

"fka wrote:
Cages favor whoever has better game plan and execution of techniques."

the cage and rules favor WRESTLERS..... anyone who says otherwise is dumb

knees on the ground and soccer kicks destroy wrestlers....

the ring is horrible for wrestlers.

the ring is horrible for people like might mouse and cruz to not be able to run around for 25 mins

if it's not pride style its not mma

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5132
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by marchegiano on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:41 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
fka wrote:Cages favor whoever has better game plan and execution of techniques.

The amount of take downs success is equal to failure rate because of cage.

Yes wrestlers can pin you in a corner and take you down,but a good sprawl and brawler can easily counter tds and get back up off the ground utilizing the cage.


Im more impressed by a striker able to pick apart an opponent in open space its easy to throw combos when someone is stuck in a corner.


The problem is unified rules....

Take away the "stay active"BS letting guys pitter patter guys with non fight ending strikes just to stay in dominant position whole round,enforce the timidity rule make guys standup or breakup clinches more if fighters arent advancing position or trying to end the fight.


Those are my main problems with unified rules along with judging criteria but the cage is great.

I have no problem with a ring but its not the most superior arena of combat.....literally every arena has some flaws....the rules are the most important thing.ONEfc are a living breathing example that cage works,unified rules dont.

You know what the irony is? Is that a cage can be more a detriment to wrestlers than a ring can because as you said, fighters can wall walk to get back up. When fighters are on the ground in a ring, they're always in the middle since the takedown happens there or they're repositioned in the middle. Getting up from the middle is harder than getting up with a wall.


ropes tangle bud. I don't mean to speak for anyone. That's just the first taught that pops into my mind when I read this /\ post.


to be honest, I've never seen it done in MMA or boxing, but I've always quite liked barrier-less events.

_________________
The Ballad of Yankee Sullivan
He'd spent some time in Botany Bay atoning for his sins
He fought a bout with Hammer Lane and took a tainted win
He was the hero of the Bowery, a prince of lawless times
Then was battered by the "Butcherman" in 1849
He knew the game of fisticuffs, he knew the game of fight
But no one knew the game would come and take his life that night
Fisticuffs by Primus
avatar
marchegiano

Posts : 562
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:13 am

Defend the cage at all costs.

avatar
TeamJohnPerretti
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 1855
Join date : 2013-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:15 am

I love the big open "shoot box" type mats.

the cage should not be used as a crutch for wrestlers or shit grapplers like paul daley and Guillard to use to get back up


_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5132
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by Longtime Fan on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:24 am

Both cage and ring have their pros and cons , but as far as simulating the best fair fight possible I think pride had it right.

_________________
"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
avatar
Longtime Fan

Location : Born in NYC, currently living in Santiago, Chile
Posts : 727
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by God of Thunder on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:44 am

A sport should never take place in a cage. It doesn´t matter what rules they use or what techniques the athletes use.

Cage is for illegal dogfights and to lock up criminals. Ask the average person on the streets around the world and I can assure you they´ll say the same thing.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by marchegiano on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Golden Age wrote:A sport should never take place in a cage. It doesn´t matter what rules they use or what techniques the athletes use.

Cage is for illegal dogfights and to lock up criminals. Ask the average person on the streets around the world and I can assure you they´ll say the same thing.

fair point

_________________
The Ballad of Yankee Sullivan
He'd spent some time in Botany Bay atoning for his sins
He fought a bout with Hammer Lane and took a tainted win
He was the hero of the Bowery, a prince of lawless times
Then was battered by the "Butcherman" in 1849
He knew the game of fisticuffs, he knew the game of fight
But no one knew the game would come and take his life that night
Fisticuffs by Primus
avatar
marchegiano

Posts : 562
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by fka on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:02 pm

Cages you refer to have a ceiling of cage as well you are referring to a hell in a cell wwf cage.

If you ask someone over here about a ring they assume your talking boxing or pro wrestling lol.



_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6543
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by fka on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:04 pm

A ring is for luchadores to do suicide planchas out of not for mna fights Smile.


Again no one has an example of cage being a detriment when used with global rules......its UNIFIED RULES THAT ARE CANCER.

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6543
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you guys really want the Zuffa version of mma to die?

Post by Audax on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:35 pm

marchegiano wrote:

ropes tangle bud. I don't mean to speak for anyone. That's just the first taught that pops into my mind when I read this /\ post.


to be honest, I've never seen it done in MMA or boxing, but I've always quite liked barrier-less events.

The only MMA event that comes to mind is YAMMA Pit Fighting, that one off card was a fun one.

But Ganryujima is a new form of hybrid martial arts which also displays an open environment without barriers where fighters can actually sumo style ring out an opponent for points. Highly recommended that you check Ganryujima videos out.
avatar
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

Location : Lakeport, California
Age : 28
Posts : 3883
Join date : 2011-11-14

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum