Do you like Rematches in the current state of MMA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you like Rematches in the current state of MMA

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:22 pm

seems like they're either way too soon (werdum vs sea level Cain II) or far too late i.e Lil Nog vs Shogun Rua II.... or are just not needed trilogy fights i.e Rousey vs Tate III, Edgar vs Penn III.

UFC loves its rematches....seems like they just want to make money off the big names in fights that dont need to happen for the third time. They give the fans this shit instead of new exciting fights or stylistic match ups we have yet to see.

Then Bellator is at it with Pitbull vs Strauss 3.... like honestly

MMA is dead and stale

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you like Rematches in the current state of MMA

Post by westcott123 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Yes I mean. Some of these rematches man the Cain werdum rematch is bull shit . I can understand an immediate rematch if it was a contentious spilt decision or an accident happened or a fluke but not when a fighter gets beaten to a pulp then gets tapped out . Werdum now fighting sea level Cain and it will a new beast fuck those Cain fans

Pit Bull fighting Strauss pit bull beat him twice I know 3rd time lucky but I don't think it will happened pit bull is on fire no one can beat not even UFC fighters .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:12 pm

if bellator had the tournaments still then strauss wouldnt really be facing pitbull for a 3rd time

give us a fresh contender!

Tournaments > Hand picked rich chou title shots

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:27 pm

stu3ufc wrote:if bellator had the tournaments still then strauss wouldnt really be facing pitbull for a 3rd time

give us a fresh contender!

Tournaments > Hand picked rich chou title shots

I completely agree dude, I really miss Bellator's tournaments.
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Lmfao i think you neglect to remember the log jams tourneys started causing in the divisions,plus giw inactive champs are due to tourneys(cole konrad retired cuz of this)

Tourneys are great when they matter......like DYNAMITE 1NIGHT STACKED LHW TOURNEY!!!

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:48 pm

Don't forget how quality of fighters in tourneys dwindled as well,and how alot of fighters viewed bellator as a last resort specifically because of this.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:50 pm

Remember the good days when fighters had to have had at least 4 or 5 fights before a rematch . Unless it was an accident eg the Belfort randy 2 fight .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:53 pm

fka wrote:Lmfao i think you neglect to remember the log jams tourneys started causing in the divisions,plus giw inactive champs are due to tourneys(cole konrad retired cuz of this)

Tourneys are great when they matter......like DYNAMITE 1NIGHT STACKED LHW TOURNEY!!!

Bellator should only focus on tournaments for key divisions, they're HW division was just plain weak back in the Cole Konrad days. IMO they should do LHW, WW, and LW tournaments only.

It's good they're doing a one night tournament but I want more regular tournaments. It doesn't have to be how it was with the seasons but it should be more often than once in a blue moon.
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Agreed completely

I don't wanna see seasons return but more tourneys would be cool as long as its stacked like the LHW tourney is.

Best tourney bellator ever put together....

But coker has said repeatedly that hes open for tournaments as long as it makes sense.If dynamite card is any indication of what sense means to him......we in good hands.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Joe silva sucks as matchmaker, but I bet he was ordered from the start to make economic cards that'll keep costs down as well as taking into account the location where the card will take place to fill it up with local fighters.

Rich chou had shown to do a better job. Anyone could do a better job.

Werdum vs Cain 2 is atrociously stupid , and its got to do with Zuffa greed because they want to capitalize on that Mexican American demographic , those same ones that pay for boxing ppvs. That's their plot , they want Cain as champ at all costs.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:44 pm

Longtime Fan wrote:Joe silva sucks as matchmaker, but I bet he was ordered from the start to make economic cards that'll keep costs down as well as taking into account the location where the card will take place to fill it up with local fighters.

Rich chou had shown to do a better job. Anyone could do a better job.

Werdum vs Cain 2 is atrociously stupid , and its got to do with Zuffa greed because they want to capitalize on that Mexican American demographic , those same ones that pay for boxing ppvs. That's their plot , they want Cain as champ at all costs.

Of course the UFC wants Cain as champion what is the bet that if Cain wins even if it by Belfort randy 2 cut they would make werdum fight at least 4or 5 others guys before he gets a shot .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:20 pm

Yeah, I have always hated the UFC's rule of having to beat the champion twice. So petty and stupid.

I'm not familiar enough with other combat sports to know, but is this common in boxing and kickboxing? These instant rematches for the champion?
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:55 am

only reason the tournament contenders got jammed is because of idiots like eddie alverez trying to jump to ufc and getting a title shot outside of doing a tournament...that and people like frodo with his VISA which wasnt bjorns fault BTW....

i'd rather see a worthy contender than a rematch....these guys are getting rematches not because they earned it but because the title fight they had was kinda close until they either got KTFO or submitted.... it's just bullshit

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Cain rematch is dumb....

He had been out a long time and altitude bs ......im tired of hearing that.

Werdum beat the breaks off cain and FINISHED him.....

Cain needs a tuneup fight and then a rematch he didnt win any part of the first fight.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:32 pm

sea level cain still loses to werdum

Werdum was outstriking him

clinching him good

when he got taken down he was a nightmare

WERDUM > CAIN 10/10

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Which is hilarious since cain was the "new breed" hw you know lighter faster skillful in every aspect.....you know like fedor was throughout his entire career...lmfao

Oh but prime fedor would get wrecked by cain cuz cain dedtroyed JDS who knocked out werdum who subd fedor right?????

If only i could find those idiots who rode my dick when werdum beat fedor saying that dumb mma math.

You guys shoukda seen me gloating when werdum finished cain......ppl fucking hate me now but literally have nothing to say in defense haha.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:00 pm

UFC fans only take werdum seriously now because he's in the ufc

idiots

before he was "over rated"

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by megaronnie on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Cain will probably just get hurt in training like he always does, this fight will likely get nixed. BUt terrible match making, but it luffa so meh

Never Forget.......

megaronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:52 pm

I knew from the get go that when werdum beat Cain the excuses would come out " that wasn't the real Cain " "that not the Cain that dominated jds " yeah the only reason why is because the first time in career he fought a guy that was bad match up for him style wise .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:03 pm

westcott123 wrote:I knew from the get go that when werdum beat Cain the excuses would come out " that wasn't the real Cain "  "that not the Cain that dominated jds " yeah the only reason why is because the first time in career he  fought  a guy that was bad match up for him style wise .

Wait for the rematch. If he starts winning, then Rogan will like "That's the Cain we know". In fact, he actually said that in the second Dos Santos fight.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:33 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:I knew from the get go that when werdum beat Cain the excuses would come out " that wasn't the real Cain "  "that not the Cain that dominated jds " yeah the only reason why is because the first time in career he  fought  a guy that was bad match up for him style wise .

Wait for the rematch. If he starts winning, then Rogan will like "That's the Cain we know". In fact, he actually said that in the second Dos Santos fight.

Yes he did how disrepectful was that ? Then again the UFC being respectful ? Cain even said so himself he stood in front of Jds to long and didn't implement the game plan which he used in the 2nd 3rd fights . Cain fans are in the top 3 today of worst fans along with Connor and ronda fans . Just imagine if ronda lost it would be excuses of biblical preporstions .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:55 am

westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Yes he did how disrepectful was that ? Then again the UFC being respectful ?   Cain even said so himself he stood in front of Jds to long and didn't implement the game plan which he used in the 2nd 3rd fights . Cain fans are in the top 3 today of worst fans along with Connor and ronda fans . Just imagine if ronda lost it would be excuses of biblical preporstions .

Well, we already know Dana isn't respectful while most MMA fans are fickle and will turn on fighters. If Ronda loses, some will come up with a 1,001 excuses while others will turn on her and say they always knew she was overrated. One minute, you're on a pedestal worshiped and the next, you're a piece of shit.

Nothing against Rousey but her fans are the absolute worst as they talk about her beating men but come up with excuses why Cyborg has to drop down to a weight class she's never been at before. I love Cain but his fans are delusional. He beats no one but the same two guys for two years and is considered the greatest heavyweight of all time because Goldberg and Dana's mini-me say so. They talk about Cain's amazing cardio then he tires and say it's high altitude. Once again, I like Cain but that's his fault if he didn't prepare properly. Werdum prepared and reaped the rewards.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:47 am

WERDUM is an awful match up for cain!

Werdums striking is fucking legit now and he's always been a beast on the ground

JDS looks like a white belt! Cain looks good against guys with subpar wrestling because he can take them down

Werdum beats him everytime

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Speaking of rematches Meisha just got screwed hardcore. The fight with Eye was supposed to be a Title Eliminator and was announced as such. Than Zuffa (w/o telling Meisha first) went to the media and announced Holm will get the next title shot!

Holm should be fighting Nunez in an eliminator.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:19 pm

stu3ufc wrote:

WERDUM is an awful match up for cain!

Werdums striking is fucking legit now and he's always been a beast on the ground

JDS looks like a white belt! Cain looks good against guys with subpar wrestling because he can take them down

Werdum beats him everytime

Yes but most of them don't believe in style vs style nope they go for the whole that guy beat that guy so that means that guy will beat that guy because he lost to that guy .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum