What was more sport game version of MMA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What was more sport game version of MMA

Post by CODELMJVG on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:54 am

Everybody talks about how some dangerous techniques are in MMA.

Like up-kicks example are prohibit in UFC while both knees are down I mean that's laughable they don't allow the guy on the bottom to protect himself with only punches on the bottom.

How can you take unified MMA serious taking tools away and can't  threat a guy being too comfortable on the bottom.

MMA shouldn´t be a sport where athletes train mma it should be a sport where world class fighters show the skills from their discipline.

When it becomes mainstream to the wider audience it looses it roots and purity of the sport fight. It becomes dull and a game that's why you got no 4 point attack on the ground nor 12 to 6 because of commission not being competent.  Asia to euro leagues understand how a fight can be pure and sport can work together.

Like I said before the best sport game version of the mix fight was pancrase hybrid wrestling it had knockdown rule rope escapes no gloves for pure grappling elements and no head shot with fist but palm only.

The more people that want to prohibit more attacks sound like they want Pancrase recreations since that was a more sport game combat with shoot style elements.

If the common sport fan of solely strictly UFC you want it to go back to that kind of fighting. With palm strikes and no fist shot to the face. There is no right way to say what MMA is and that is simply saying it's mix with variety of expressions of a fight and not nosed down to one thing and that to me is not right. No one has to right to claim they have the best system.
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Re: What was more sport game version of MMA

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:21 pm

I agree with you but although Pancrase was cool I like PRIDE way more!
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:30 pm

As soon as pride went under I knew we would see a change in the Mma rule set for the worst and that fighters like wand and shogun would be crippled.

Imagine how many more wins they would have if they still had their soccer kicks and stomps

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Longtime Fan wrote:As soon as pride went under I knew we would see a change in the Mma rule set for the worst and that fighters like wand and shogun would be crippled.

Imagine how many more wins they would have if they still had their soccer kicks and stomps

well we will have to see how that new org that sakkikabara is starting up will do . Wanderlei would most likely won the fights he lost but he was past his prime by the time he fought chuck .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:23 am

Longtime Fan wrote:As soon as pride went under I knew we would see a change in the Mma rule set for the worst and that fighters like wand and shogun would be crippled.

The rules being the reason for their declines is a cheap cop out. If you're supposed to be a great fighter then you should be able to adjust to anything. I hate the unified rules but they had nothing to do with Wanderlei and Shogun's declines. Wanderlei was already declining and suffered two bad knockouts. His fight with Cro Cop was in a ring with PRIDE rules and he still got his ass whooped. Shogun was still successful in the UFC and he largely declined because his knee is in bad shape. Not to mention both had brutal training at Chute Boxe and tons of wars in MMA.

I hate Unified Rules but you can't blame them or the cage/ring on a fighter's performance. The fighter signs the contract, they should know where they'll fight, the rules, and adjust. They're professional fighters and they should be able to adjust to the environment and the rules. If they don't, then it's their fault. If these fighters are so great (and they are) then they should be adjust.

It's not the cage or unified rules' fault that Wanderlei and Shogun were in wars and did brutal training methods that would eventually destroy their bodies. It's not the cage or unified rules that hurt Cro Cop's UFC run but rather injuries, outdated training, and training in a ring despite knowing full well, he would be fighting in a cage. It's not the cage or unified rules that made Fedor jump into Werdum's guard.

If Mark Coleman was able to adjust to PRIDE and win the Openweight Grand Prix without elbows or the cage, then the PRIDE guys should be able to adjust, as well.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:38 am

And the pride guys mainly did adapt and went on to win many belts.

So you think the unified rules had zero to do with their declines ?
Pretty bold statement which I believe to be incorrect.

I don't disagree with you on that they should have adapted to the unified rules better to have reached ultimate greatness and well roundedness as Mma fighters , but we have to consider that their chute boxe Muay Thai foundation was their main effective style , and some of their main tools were taken away , those tools were part of their career training and those techniques were ingrained in their reflexive arsenal. We would have seen the same underwhelming performances from these wrestle boxers that the UFC creates if they had gone to pride in that time.

It would be a cop out if they themselves used these excuses for their poor performance , but this is my own observation and a pretty evident one at that.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:07 pm

two can be said for zuffa fighters if the grand scale start changing to pride fc rules to ring or m-1 ring. Same can be said for those fighters not just pride fighters.
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:21 am

Longtime Fan wrote:And the pride guys mainly did adapt and went on to win many belts.

So you think the unified rules had zero to do with their declines ?
Pretty bold statement which I believe to be incorrect.

I don't disagree with you on that they should have adapted to the unified rules better to have reached ultimate greatness and well roundedness as Mma fighters , but we have to consider that their chute boxe  Muay Thai foundation was their main effective style , and some of their main tools were taken away , those tools were part of their career training and those techniques were ingrained in their reflexive arsenal. We would have seen the same underwhelming performances from these wrestle boxers that the UFC creates if they had gone to pride in that time.

It would be a cop out if they themselves used these excuses for their poor performance , but this is my own observation and a pretty evident one at that.
No one should have to adapt to cagefighting. UFC and PRIDE are two different sports. I´ts like saying elite boxers have to learn kickboxing or judokas have to be great sumos.

I don´t count the PRIDE fighters cage record.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:45 pm

Style v Style at the highest levels isn't likely today (except as occasional freak shows). The fighters have a good idea of what mix will work and they will train that since they want to win.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:33 am

bump old thread hybrid pancrase wrestling is perfect for Olympics imo. I really enjoyed those matches it was far more of a chess match for the grappling aspects with no gloves.

UFC quit being something that your not ultimate fighting not even close.
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum