FKA and Cage lovers

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FKA and Cage lovers

Post by fka on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am

No literally many of you are saying cage is ruining fights when its unified rules....

One fc disproves that theory

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:53 am

stu3ufc wrote:
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:I love when the target audience of the ufc (low intelligence crowd) tries to defend the cage.

Zuffa is run by trashy people. Supporting Zuffa in any way contributes to the destruction of mma.

I'm just rewatching Pride FC fight and I see nothing wrong with the ring at all! The fighters going through the ropes is so uncommon in most fights. Even when it happens they restart the fighters 5 seconds later in the same position. The only people who are pro cage and anti ring are American wrestlers because they know under pride fc rules and a ring their style is exstinct and that is just PURE FACT! 10 minute first rounds were the best thing in MMA and the rules!

I have no idea why people are so willing to sit there and complain at boring UFC fights when it's 100% down to the NSAC rules and the american cage!

The restart thing is actually part of Japanese combat sports. They do it in sumo too for instance. Like if a guy's mawashi (the sumo clothing) is coming undone or a guy gets bloodied or something. The ref yells stop. The ref reties the knot, or they tend to the nose bleed or whatever. Then the restore the position, the ref slaps both guys on the back at the same time, and the match goes on. It is entirely a nonproblematic thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:14 am

stu3ufc wrote:The ring isnt perfect we dont say that...what we do say is that the cage allows for far more stalling and avoidance of a fight.

As for ONE FC the pride fc rules opens up the fight beyond pure wrestling....not only that but we cant judge pride fc rules in a cage when the majority of one fc fighters are not american wrestlers. lets throw in some jake sheilds and some jon fitch's into one championship and lets see what happens! They will be clinging to the cage for dear life to avoid knees and soccer kicks. Boring fighters will fight to the rules to avoid losing.

No one is saying one fc is shit because of the cage.....were saying majority of MMA is shit because its CAGE + Unfied rules. I'd prefer to see ONE in a ring ...i think it would be a lot better than it is now.

Superb post, and I have nothing to add, so I'll just sign my name under your own.

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:53 am

in the current climate of MMA I think ONE are great and I just hope they continue to get bigger names and put on better events with stacked cards! I really do! They have so much potential.

But whats happening with UFC and pancrase on ufc fight pass is they're forcing all these JMMA orgs to accept the ring and NSAC rules which is a joke! I dont understand why if the org is outside the United States why they push for universal rules which are so limited! No one can deny PRIDE FC rules are the best rules to have existed. 10 min 1rd and either 1 or 2 five minute rounds

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:26 pm

Reebok peanuts>Being pecked to death by an opposing chicken.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:23 pm

Sumo is not grappling based the restarts imo are bad when in grounded position.

Fighter on bottom is getting gnpd or a kimura attempted on him....then fighter on bottom squirms underneath bottom rope or on betweem top and middle rope.ref stops it drags them to middle gets them in a position close to before stopped them they restart.

You are taking away the momentum or timing on setups to submissions or bailing a guy out from ground and pound that othetwise would have finished him.

I really hated when guys were clinched up or defending a takedown against the ropes and you had 3 refs outside slapping hands away and pushing guys back in lol...looks really bad.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:32 pm

Ring is as flawed as a cage is...

Every pro wrestler aspect you bring up can easily be countered....

Cage assists JUST AS MUCH as it prevents takedowns.

Cage aids in getting up and avoids the messy looking gang of refs crowding the ledge pushing people back in.Also allowing the fight to go uninterrupted by outside forces.

I agree fighters stall using cage but again that falls under the rules....if timidity was enforced and rather then keeping busy fighters were urged to advance position or end the fight we would have no problems at all.

Like i said ring and cage have places in mma and neither are perfect both have flaws but UNIFIED RULES are the cancer....you cant prove otherwise...onefc runs perfectly.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:42 pm

fka wrote:Ring is as flawed as a cage is...

Every pro wrestler aspect you bring up can easily be countered....

Cage aids in getting up and avoids the messy looking gang of refs crowding the ledge pushing people back in.Also allowing the fight to go uninterrupted by outside forces.

I agree fighters stall using cage but again that falls under the rules....if timidity was enforced and rather then keeping busy fighters were urged to advance position or end the fight we would have no problems at all.

Like i said ring and cage have places in mma and neither are perfect both have flaws but UNIFIED RULES are the cancer....you cant prove otherwise...onefc runs perfectly.

You completely forget the most important issue.. The cage is a bad gimmick that shouldn´t be connected to combat sports. You can say what you want about the rules and what is good/bad about the ring but there´s no reason to support a trashy cage. If we all work together we can get rid of zuffa cagefighting and hopefully Bellator and everyone else can change.

Fight the good fight!
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:24 pm

fka wrote:Sumo is not grappling based the restarts imo are bad when in grounded position.

Fighter on bottom is getting gnpd or a kimura attempted on him....then fighter on bottom squirms underneath bottom rope or on betweem top and middle rope.ref stops it drags them to middle gets them in a position close to before stopped them they restart.

You are taking away the momentum or timing on setups to submissions or bailing a guy out from ground and pound that othetwise would have finished him.

I really hated when guys were clinched up or defending a takedown against the ropes and you had 3 refs outside slapping hands away and pushing guys back in lol...looks really bad.

Sumo is about forcing guys out of a circle or forcing them down. Ostensibly the restarts should matter more.

They are necessary though. If a guy's uniform comes undone, it is necessary to stop.

As far as fleeing the ring, that is grounds for penalties and potential disqualifications when done intentionally

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:09 pm

So the gimmick of cage fighting is your issue????? Interesting....

Cage works fine ive explained my position,if your main qualm with a cage is the way it is promoted/marketed id probly agree if this was no holds barred ufc where blood and gore was promoted as a selling point.

But thats not the case....in fact the only ones who still conjure up those images are....well you lol.

Its fighting.....people are bleeding,beating each other to a pulp,breaking limbs ....the cage is far from what makes mma gory.

The most bloody fight i ever witnessed was in a ring.....it doesn't exude class....thats a myth.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 pm

Nodo i agree in sumo restarts mean more but im more referring to ground based restarts.

Standing restarts are never a problem guys just get up go to your corner and restart.

Its the unfair usages of pulling yourself under or inbetween ropes to illicit a restart i got problems with,and like i said when defending take down or clinched up against ropes when guys grab ropes or have to be managed by a crowd of refs.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:15 pm

Ive seen a bunch of fights where guys duck between or under ropes standing or on the ground....i dont recall a single instance when a guy was disqualified....

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:09 am

fka wrote:So the gimmick of cage fighting is your issue????? Interesting....

Cage works fine ive explained my position,if your main qualm with a cage is the way it is promoted/marketed id probly agree if this was no holds barred ufc where blood and gore was promoted as a selling point.

But thats not the case....in fact the only ones who still conjure up those images are....well you lol.

Its fighting.....people are bleeding,beating each other to a pulp,breaking limbs ....the cage is far from what makes mma gory.

The most bloody fight i ever witnessed was in a ring.....it doesn't exude class....thats a myth.

Ask any normal person on the street what he/she thinks about fighting in a cage and you´ll understand what I´m talking about. I´ve never been interested in cagefighting and I never will. Do you think judo, greco roman/freestyle wrestling, sambo, karate, kickboxing and boxing would be classy respectable sports if they used a cage?
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:57 am

I agree fka, that there are merits to both the ring and the cage.

I do prefer the ring.

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:08 am

fka wrote:Ive seen a bunch of fights where guys duck between or under ropes standing or on the ground....i dont recall a single instance when a guy was disqualified....

yeah so when will guys get DQ'd for holding the fence?

same argument you're just clutching at straws

clutching on the myth that the cage is where MMA should be contested

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:13 am

fka wrote:Ring is as flawed as a cage is...

whata load of crock! the cage allows you to get your hips under a guy. In a ring you cant do this! so you would rather watch 25 minutes of caged clinch wrestling than a fight which is opened up with kicks and knees???

The cage is the crutch of the wrestler! FACT! You shouldnt be using the surface in this way...it's cheap!

the clinch and takedown work is far superior in a ring. They dont rely on a caged fence like americans do.

look at paul daley when he lost to Yakolov in Legend! he got out wrestled cleanly and then he complains that he lost because it was in a ring....well boo fucking hoo paul daley....improve your d-level wrestling not rely on caged tatics to avoid a MIXED MARTIAL ARTS fight.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:10 pm

I strongly am support of Ring with netting or M1 rage are the solutions.
I did a poll on this but people went with pride ring and rules but what about with netting.
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:00 pm

CODELMJVG wrote:I strongly am support of Ring with netting or M1 rage are the solutions.
I did a poll on this but people went with pride ring and rules but what about with netting.

I support the RAGE or a IVC vale tudo style ring w/netting

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:27 pm

One fc has kicks and kneese im cage......next excuse please stu

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Again your mixing cage bias and complaints about rules.....like i said unified rules is the priblem....you keep proving me right lol.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:00 am

By the way, "cage lovers" win. At Bellator 142, you had eight fights on the main card. Not one of the three kickboxing fights ended with a finish. Meanwhile, four out of the five MMA fights ended in finishes. But I thought the ring magically makes fights more exciting with exploding finishes while cages are boring.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:12 am

fka, why take a photo of yourself wacking off and put it on the internet?

Just curious.

(I'm in a pretty bad mood today, over the mass shooting in Oregon. I called in sick to work. Being that I myself am Jesus, I'm considering reviving the individual, so that I can beat him to death with my own hands.)

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:41 pm

For people of your obvious genius tp enjoy and drool over. Smile

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:37 pm

nodogoshi wrote:fka, why take a photo of yourself wacking off and put it on the internet?

Just curious.

(I'm in a pretty bad mood today, over the mass shooting in Oregon. I called in sick to work. Being that I myself am Jesus, I'm considering reviving the individual, so that I can beat him to death with my own hands.)

easy now Nodogoshi.....FKA will give you a good fisting if you're not careful

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:By the way, "cage lovers" win. At Bellator 142, you had eight fights on the main card. Not one of the three kickboxing fights ended with a finish. Meanwhile, four out of the five MMA fights ended in finishes. But I thought the ring magically makes fights more exciting with exploding finishes while cages are boring.

The kickboxing fights were utter fucking garbage!

you cant compare high level kickboxing to low level hands down MMA slugfests

mma has 4oz gloves and u can win by submission so thats a retarded argument from u .

i expect better from u i really do

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum