If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CODELMJVG on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:21 am

How will the reception be from the MMA world. Not sure how big the fan base was in pride fc hey day but it look pretty darn big when I got in to it. Will the old fans come out of the woodwork the image has been shaped terribly from ufc. With that being said if it materializes being a reality it would be a fresher and clear identity of pride 2.0 with the marital arts sport aspect of it and show. The image of fighting spirit of all disciplines not just the wrestling influence has on their UFC in north america.
avatar
CODELMJVG

Location : USA
Posts : 236
Join date : 2015-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CDF47 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Not confirmed yet

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10941
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:06 pm

If "Samurai" comes alive I hope they scoop up all the best from ONE, M-1, Pancrase, DEEP, KSW and Bellator. That would be a pretty good roster.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2933
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CODELMJVG on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:17 pm

Golden Age wrote:If "Samurai" comes alive I hope they scoop up all the best from ONE, M-1, Pancrase, DEEP, KSW and Bellator. That would be a pretty good roster.

Dude that's already a best roster.
avatar
CODELMJVG

Location : USA
Posts : 236
Join date : 2015-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:18 pm

CODELMJVG wrote:
Golden Age wrote:If "Samurai" comes alive I hope they scoop up all the best from ONE, M-1, Pancrase, DEEP, KSW and Bellator. That would be a pretty good roster.

Dude that's already a best roster.
Start of with a Open Weight Grand Prix and I´ll be happy.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2933
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by fka on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:34 pm

That's the problem....

Even if a PRIDE 2.0 emerges who will fight for them?

Bellator and coker would fighter share,possibly some copromoted events also with KSW,M1,ONE but who would be the main roster?

They'd have to have quite a financial backer to sign away alot of the big names.

I mean zuffa is killing themselves with reebok deal so potentially some guys could head there but there is quite a bit of battles on the open market as is.

I really hope it does happen im just concerned about how its done.

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6453
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CODELMJVG on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:28 pm

fka wrote:That's the problem....

Even if a PRIDE 2.0 emerges who will fight for them?

Bellator and coker would fighter share,possibly some copromoted events also with KSW,M1,ONE but who would be the main roster?

They'd have to have quite a financial backer to sign away alot of the big names.

I mean zuffa is killing themselves with reebok deal so potentially some guys could head there but there is quite a bit of battles on the open market as is.

I really hope it does happen im just concerned about how its done.

Yeah your right that they can't just barrow talent but the emergence talent can be starting scratch again like pride build up in the beginning was a bumpy experimental start.

But the hardcore fans and underground know what they want I can be not sure if PRIDE 2.0 can start off from sengoku or dream were just temp orgs. UFC is getting the asian telent japan but ONE is getting there hands on larger market in deep asia.
avatar
CODELMJVG

Location : USA
Posts : 236
Join date : 2015-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by Kinosis on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:52 am

fka wrote:That's the problem....

Even if a PRIDE 2.0 emerges who will fight for them?

Bellator and coker would fighter share,possibly some copromoted events also with KSW,M1,ONE but who would be the main roster?

They'd have to have quite a financial backer to sign away alot of the big names.

I mean zuffa is killing themselves with reebok deal so potentially some guys could head there but there is quite a bit of battles on the open market as is.

I really hope it does happen im just concerned about how its done.

I'm hoping the ufc loses a bunch of fighters with the reebok deal. If this new org can get even 2 or 3 big name guys in each weight class it will be something great.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1843
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by Heretic on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:58 pm

I just hope Sakakibara can keep it clean this time his corruption cost the golden age of MMA
avatar
Heretic
Moderator

Age : 31
Posts : 1009
Join date : 2012-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by nodogoshi on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Heretic wrote:I just hope Sakakibara can keep it clean this time his corruption cost the golden age of MMA

Fight promoters are mostly corrupt as hell anywhere in the world.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4452
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by Heretic on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:33 pm

nodogoshi wrote:
Heretic wrote:I just hope Sakakibara can keep it clean this time his corruption cost the golden age of MMA

Fight promoters are mostly corrupt as hell anywhere in the world.


let's just hope he learned his lesson
avatar
Heretic
Moderator

Age : 31
Posts : 1009
Join date : 2012-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CDF47 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm

One name that would be good for the new PRIDE 2.0 would be Bushido. PRIDE held Bushido events in the past and this would be a good tribute to the PRIDE of old.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10941
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:03 am

Heretic wrote:

let's just hope he learned his lesson

let's just hope he doesn't get caught Rolling LMAO

I bet their are levels of corruption with ZUFFA that we don't even know about. I bet they fiddle the numbers and shit.

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5127
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CDF47 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:58 am

^Yeah, hard to know what level these guys stoop to

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10941
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CODELMJVG on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Absolutely wonderful change of MMA landscape. Pride rules or Global Rules if they do dream rules I will be severely disappointing. I hate relying on hope but just have a feeling know they might tweak the rules here.
avatar
CODELMJVG

Location : USA
Posts : 236
Join date : 2015-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CDF47 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:10 am

CODELMJVG wrote:Absolutely wonderful change of MMA landscape. Pride rules or Global Rules if they do dream rules I will be severely disappointing. I hate relying on hope but just have a feeling know they might tweak the rules here.

I agree, must be PRIDE rules or PRIDE rules with elbows. First round should be 10 minutes followed by two five minute rounds for title fights (or a second 10 minute round), one five minute round for non-title fights,... Fights should be scored as a whole. Fights in a ring. Yellow cards need to return as well.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10941
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by InfinityLens on Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:14 pm

fka wrote:That's the problem....

Even if a PRIDE 2.0 emerges who will fight for them?

Bellator and coker would fighter share,possibly some copromoted events also with KSW,M1,ONE but who would be the main roster?

They'd have to have quite a financial backer to sign away alot of the big names.

I mean zuffa is killing themselves with reebok deal so potentially some guys could head there but there is quite a bit of battles on the open market as is.

I really hope it does happen im just concerned about how its done.

Thought this should be bumped, his post was from 4 months ago and they seem to have created an amazing roster thus far.

avatar
InfinityLens

Location : The Global MMA Forum
Posts : 1115
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CDF47 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:48 pm

^Yeah, they have. I am impressed with how this first event is being handled so far. I heard 99 percent of the tickets for Saitama are already sold. JMMA is back on NYE!

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10941
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by JasonNorin on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:02 pm

Josh Barnett is really reluctant about Pride 2.0. for him, in the world of combat sports, what used to work before is not guaranteed to work again.
avatar
JasonNorin

Location : makati
Age : 27
Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CDF47 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:16 pm

JasonNorin wrote:Josh Barnett is really reluctant about Pride 2.0. for him, in the world of combat sports, what used to work before is not guaranteed to work again.

If RIZIN is a re-build of PRIDE it could be successful. PRIDE was the best MMA org. in history. The ring, the rules, the production, the fighters, the packed arenas, the gi and shoes allowed, 10 minute first round, yellow cards, the GPs,..... PRIDE was in a whole different league than any other org. ever was.

I like what RIZIN has done so far leading up this event so really hoping it is a success.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10941
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by wekka on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:21 pm

RIZIN has a good foundation from the initial event. Great mix of veterans and up and comers.
It's already got a leg up with the alternative ruleset which is sorely needed at this point in time.
avatar
wekka

Location : Half-Breed/Georgia
Age : 27
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CDF47 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:32 pm

wekka wrote:RIZIN has a good foundation from the initial event. Great mix of veterans and up and comers.
It's already got a leg up with the alternative ruleset which is sorely needed at this point in time.

Agreed. I really like the event they put together; from Fedor to the GP to the ruleset, to the rest of the fight card,... Can't wait to see it.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10941
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by westcott123 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:58 pm

CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:RIZIN has a good foundation from the initial event. Great mix of veterans and up and comers.
It's already got a leg up with the alternative ruleset which is sorely needed at this point in time.

Agreed.  I really like the event they put together; from Fedor to the GP to the ruleset, to the rest of the fight card,...  Can't wait to see it.

I know rizin is using the pride rule set but are they going to use the pride judging system or another new thing ?
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1203
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: If Pride 2.0 is confirmed?

Post by CDF47 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:28 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:RIZIN has a good foundation from the initial event. Great mix of veterans and up and comers.
It's already got a leg up with the alternative ruleset which is sorely needed at this point in time.

Agreed.  I really like the event they put together; from Fedor to the GP to the ruleset, to the rest of the fight card,...  Can't wait to see it.

I know rizin is using the pride rule set but are they going to use the pride judging system or another new thing ?

Great question. They never really addressed the judging system so I am assuming it too will be like PRIDE. It sounds like wrestling shoes and gis will be allowed just like in PRIDE as well but they haven't said for sure yet. Hopefully they bring back the yellow cards as well.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10941
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum