WSOF announces one night 8 man LW tournament

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WSOF announces one night 8 man LW tournament

Post by fka on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:16 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/wsof-announces-one-night-eight-man-lightweight-tournament-in-nov-for-title-shot

Lol trying to copy bellator lmfao

What do you guys think about this lol?
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WSOF announces one night 8 man LW tournament

Post by fka on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:19 pm

Bellator recently announced it will hold a one-night, four-man light-heavyweight tournament that will crown a No. 1 contender for its 205-pound belt.

One snag Bellator hit with its tournament plans was a restriction on the total number of rounds the California State Athletic Commission will allow a competitor to fight. With a limit of five rounds in one night, Bellator decided to go with a four – rather than eight – men in the tournament.

According to MMAFighting, the field of eight includes Islam Mamedov (12-1), Mike Ricci (10-4), Joao Zeferino (18-6), Rich Patishnock (6-2), Jorge Patino (37-15-2), Brian Cobb (20-8), the winner of the WSOF 23 bout between LaRue Burley (6-0) and Brian Foster (22-7) and an additional two still-unnamed competitors. Seeding is not yet official.

WSOF officials declined comment on the particulars of the tournament at this time, including the rules and round structure, when contacted by MMAjunkie.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Cage fighting aimed at the low intelligence crowd..I'll pass.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Yeah, you need the "classiness" of the ring where fighters can be like thugs by cornering opponents and fucking them up like muggers.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Yeah total class lol

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Ill watch if nothing else is on but i probly won't.....the fighters involved dont really spark my interest but who knows.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:02 pm

FKA acting like Scott Coker just invented the Tournament Rolling LMAO

Tournaments were the staple of the successful Bjorn ERA

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:46 pm

Defend the cage at all costs.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:57 am

Yeah but cokers tournament is the best tournament Bellator ever put on.

Wsof sucks in general but uts obvious they bring nothing original to the table so they riding the hype Bellator tournament has generated.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:58 am

Defend mugging at all costs...

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:11 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:Yeah, you need the "classiness" of the ring where fighters can be like thugs by cornering opponents and fucking them up like muggers.
So now boxing and kickboxing is mugging?
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Hes trolling peretti for constantly using the same posts over and over lol.

Also doing the same thing as peretti by targeting one flaw of a fighting platform and beating it to death.

Cage and ring both have flaws.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:30 pm

fka wrote:Defend mugging at all costs...

Defend mugging at all costs... >

"hey patricky pitbull I want you to rematch Dave Rickles for absolutely no reason at all"

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:33 pm

fka wrote:Hes trolling peretti for constantly using the same posts over and over lol.

Also doing the same thing as peretti by targeting one flaw of a fighting platform and beating it to death.

Cage and ring both have flaws.
I agree with him. The cage got to go asap. Its not because of the rules its because the cage is a gimmick that shouldnt be involved in martial arts.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:22 pm

I dont agree....

I see both ring and cage as viable platforms for combat.

Ring just needs to be used in japan its not ever going to be the universally uses especially in america.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:25 pm

So your ok with unified rules.....its the cage that ruins fights????

You should talk to onefc about that lol.

Unified rules are the cancer....no one here can debate that...

One operates perfectly ....there is no example of a cage being a detriment using pride rules.

There are plenty of examples of unified rules ruining astronomical numbers of fights.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:08 pm

fka wrote:So your ok with unified rules.....its the cage that ruins fights????

You should talk to onefc about that lol.

Unified rules are the cancer....no one here can debate that...

One operates perfectly ....there is no example of a cage being a detriment using pride rules.

There are plenty of examples of unified rules ruining astronomical numbers of fights.
Unified rules sucks but my main issue is the whole cagefighting gimmick the sport has. You should see the douches in europe who think they´re mma fans. There are many finishes and good fights in unified/non unified cagefights and I don´t question that. I´m just 100% against the cage itself. I´m not against Bellator, KSW and ONE as promotions, I´m against what they represent with the cage.

Take KSW for an example. They went from epic to mediocre the moment they ditched the ring. I understand you like the way the sport is now but the majority of the users here want something completely different and we will keep fighting for what we think is right. For me personally mma is almost dead but I keep waiting for the tides to turn..
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:11 pm

I support more tournaments but I don't really like WSOF so I'll be passing. None of those names really grab me anyways, Cobb is a solid journeyman and LaRue Burley is a promising up and coming fighter but other than that.. meh.
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Pretty much how i feel audax...

The last event had crowd brawls,eye gouges....lol Wsof exudes all the dumb shit peretti cries about on all the forums.

I just think its funny how they copy what's popular lol wsof has no heart at all.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:48 pm

A ring doesn't make things "epic". The only reason people on this forum want it is because PRIDE had one just like the people here don't like the cage because the UFC uses it and popularized it. Honestly, a cage is much better than a ring regarding MMA. A ring has no business in MMA because it's not equipped to deal with grappling as you have too many cases of fighters nearly falling out of it or awkward restarts in the middle of the ring. With a cage, you don't have to worry about fighters falling out unless the door is not closed right and no awkward restarts in the middle.

As for the mugging stuff, that's more of a troll job because all I hear is a cage is a "dog cage" while the ring is classy. Honestly, nothing is "classy". It's fighting. Regardless of the environment, it's still two people in four ounce gloves beating the piss out of each other. I don't see how you make it "classy".
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:46 pm

Tournaments are needed in this sport....wish it were ring but glad there is another tournament coming up.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeWarMachine on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:19 am

Props for the tournament, One night tournaments and yearly GPs need to come back.

The idea of the cage being that fence is so dumb. Makes about as much sense as putting bars stools in a ring to simulate a real fight. No class. I don't want to see a real street fight. Nobody wants to see a recreation of 2 crazy homeless people getting in a sreetfight using a fence as a weapon.

But I support the one night tournament

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:24 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:A ring doesn't make things "epic". The only reason people on this forum want it is because PRIDE had one just like the people here don't like the cage because the UFC uses it and popularized it. Honestly, a cage is much better than a ring regarding MMA. A ring has no business in MMA because it's not equipped to deal with grappling as you have too many cases of fighters nearly falling out of it or awkward restarts in the middle of the ring. With a cage, you don't have to worry about fighters falling out unless the door is not closed right and no awkward restarts in the middle.

As for the mugging stuff, that's more of a troll job because all I hear is a cage is a "dog cage" while the ring is classy. Honestly, nothing is "classy". It's fighting. Regardless of the environment, it's still two people in four ounce gloves beating the piss out of each other. I don't see how you make it "classy".

Hey the ring had it's place for awhile I mean it's still used in IGF. I clearly see the M-1 ring is the future image of MMA what more do you want. It has all environments of cage/ring elements and spectating friendly.
People need to be on board how excellent that ring is. It's the fix for all this cage vs ring debate.

CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:44 am

honestly the cage make MMA look Unclassy and douche bag feel the only exception of this is ONE.
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:02 am

Lmao of course cuz pride rules right??????

One has copied bellators cage if you didnt know so that statement is kinda contradictory.

I prefer circular cages period i dont like square,hexagon,octagon,decagons cages.

The seperate sectuins of straight fence allow for pinning in the corners where the circle enables more movement and allows for reversals.

Wsof is just lame tho

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum