Floyd Mayweather speaks candidly about how his uncle's health has influenced his decision to retire (video)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Floyd Mayweather speaks candidly about how his uncle's health has influenced his decision to retire (video)

Post by nodogoshi on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:19 pm

He seems to make a lot of sense here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Floyd Mayweather speaks candidly about how his uncle's health has influenced his decision to retire (video)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:57 am

Just watched Part 2.

I think one of the things here, Roger isn't just Floyd's uncle, he was also his trainer for many years. They obviously have a very close bond, and this shit is sad.

I think this is Floyd's last fight. It's the last fight on his Showtime/CBS contract. He's fulfilling his obligation, and riding off into the sunset.

That's actually a happy thing, and it is exceedingly rare in boxing.

Also, Floyd doesn't need one more win to become the undefeated champ with the best record. Ricardo Lopez retired with a record of 51-0-1.

So Floyd would need 3 more fights to become the record holder (52-0) for most wins as an undefeated champion.

The Rocky Marciano stuff is just pure smoke. It's almost respectful of Floyd to match his record, and not supersede it (unless he wanted another fight, which would be fine). Floyd and Rocky will be like brothers, 49-0 (assuming he doesn't lose, like Larry Holmes lost in his 49th fight).

I always considered Rocky's record to be a record for an undefeated heavyweight champion. But I guess the media loves to create story lines.

Rocky's record is magical: 49-0. Floyd's will be the same record, assuming he retires (which I think he will) and assuming he wins (which I think he will).

Now, let's just hope Floyd doesn't go out like his brother Rocky and die in a plane crash in his 40s, or something.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum