View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nick Diaz suspended 5 years and fined $135k - He speaks post Hearing

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Pleading the 5th was the best thing he could have done lol

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:12 pm

nodogoshi wrote:I agree with the second half, and well put.

You are a journalist. You therefore are by necessity held to higher standards.

You should be careful when venturing into territory you do not understand. You are also dead wrong. That doesn't mean marijauna is by necessity great, or for that matter good, or for that matter non-bad.

You are completely out of your element, and should know when not to speak certain things.

To me, you are part of the problem, with respect to this particular case.

jeez buzz kill! Rolling LMAO lets smoke some marajuniaaa dude..... lighten up drunken

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 pm

stu3ufc wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:I agree with the second half, and well put.

You are a journalist. You therefore are by necessity held to higher standards.

You should be careful when venturing into territory you do not understand. You are also dead wrong. That doesn't mean marijauna is by necessity great, or for that matter good, or for that matter non-bad.

You are completely out of your element, and should know when not to speak certain things.

To me, you are part of the problem, with respect to this particular case.

jeez buzz kill! Rolling LMAO lets smoke some marajuniaaa dude..... lighten up drunken

I smoked marijuana practically all my life, until I came to Japan.

I am an allstar student.

There is no legitimate evidence that marijuana causes brain damage.

That is why voters, as well as legal experts, have decided to legalize it in some places.

Eddie Goldman is completely ignorant here. He's shouting at people like me to get off his lawn, practically.

Maybe he has issues with the blacks in New York, and their drug problems, or something.

I do not know.

I can tell you for a fact that Diaz's speech habits and mannerisms are a product of culture.

How do I know?

Because I'm practically from the same place (a bit off, but close enough).

I know many people that speak like him.

It isn't because everyone in Southern Oregon and Northern California (aka Jefferson State) are brain damaged from all that marijuana smoke.

It is a damn regional dialect.

Kind of like how Eddie has his dialect.

Sorry to take it this far, but we are proud. I am not saying this is a good thing. I was once at a mountain party, and some New York guys showed up, acting like big shots. It ended with one of them being punched in the face, and them being chased off the mountain. It wasn't because we are a bunch of no good hicks (well, we were that, but still). It was because of the snobbishness.

We could have all got along otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Also the fact that Nick Diaz is being persecuted for smoking pot, is due to an agenda which Eddie Goldman has contributed to.

I have to call a spade a spade.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:38 pm

I know that the marijuana stuff is just a veneer, and the bigger issue is his non-compliance to Zuffa's policies.

Eddie has done more than probably any other person on this planet to combat this aspect.

Sorry if I get out of hand. It is just that we fight fans can get emotionally attached to fighters sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:42 pm

stu3ufc wrote:Pleading the 5th was the best thing he could have done lol

It might appear as faulty legal advice, and I'm sure they--who gave the penalty--took it into consideration. However, Diaz is definitely a loose cannon. I think it was actually not a bad strategy, provided all of the circumstances.

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:44 pm

The most dangerous thing about cannabis in terms of brain damage isn't the product itself, it's the over done asphyxiation by people smoking it improperly. People of older generations used to sincerely think a person had to hold in hits of smoke for like a minimum of 20 seconds, which is completely moronic. If you had to go by a measurement of time, I'd personally say 6-7 seconds MAX but more realistically people should do 6-7 heartbeats since we are all different weight/size/etc..
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:53 pm

AudaxSynth wrote:The most dangerous thing about cannabis in terms of brain damage isn't the product itself, it's the over done asphyxiation by people smoking it improperly. People of older generations used to sincerely think a person had to hold in hits of smoke for like a minimum of 20 seconds, which is completely moronic. If you had to go by a measurement of time, I'd personally say 6-7 seconds MAX but more realistically people should do 6-7 heartbeats since we are all different weight/size/etc..

They must have been smoking too much of that imported Mexican bud ;-)

No need to hold it in, if you have the fresh chronic weed.

Especially the Oregon and California bud. I've seen Amsterdam, they got good weed. The Jefferson State shit is as good as any weed anywhere, and always has been.

When I went to Holland the last time, my cousins tried to tell me to be careful with the weed, because this shit is potent.

My response was, yo I'm from Oregon. Our weed is just as potent, believe you me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:59 pm

I think the most under considered aspect of cannabis consumption, that could be viewed as a negative and probably is what gives way to the schizophrenia myths, is that Cannabis has degrees of estrogen in it. The dried cannabis flowers people smoke (marijuana) is that of the female plant. The male cannabis plant cannot produce any sort of drug/medicine. So obviously hormonal change is far more impacting than the assumed neurological change.

So if anything, Nick Diaz and other fighters who consume cannabis are doing the exact opposite of steroid and artificial testosterone users(on a minute scale of course). There still needs to be more research on consumable cannabis, that is for sure, but this has always been something that makes the post fight discoveries and penalties even sillier to me.

Last edited by AudaxSynth on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Audax

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Thanks for all the insights, it's a good thing we have a professional botanist on site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:07 pm

nodogoshi wrote:Thanks for all the insights, it's a good thing we have a professional botanist on site.

I'm no professional I just need to know what I'm putting in my body since the pharmaceutical lie ruined my life hormonally and neurologically for 6 years. I'm still feeling the effects of garbage pills almost 5 years later while my last dose of cannabis has worn away after a couple of hours.

That's not to say people can't get types hangovers from cannabis consumption but if you know what type/strain you're actually consuming and what you actually need it for medicinally then you don't have to worry about such happenings.
Audax

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:13 pm

Let me try to cheer shit up, with what I regard as Nick Diaz's best fight (there are other really good fights of course).

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:15 pm

AudaxSynth wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:Thanks for all the insights, it's a good thing we have a professional botanist on site.

I'm no professional I just need to know what I'm putting in my body since the pharmaceutical lie ruined my life hormonally and neurologically for 6 years. I'm still feeling the effects of garbage pills almost 5 years later while my last dose of cannabis has worn away after a couple of hours.

That's not to say people can't get types hangovers from cannabis consumption but if you know what type/strain you're actually consuming and what you actually need it for medicinally then you don't have to worry about such happenings.

I was just joking.

Just slang.

Appreciate the knowledge.

People do legally grow weed now days, of course. Not saying you are a grower.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:34 pm

To be fair and balanced, this is also a good watch for an alternative perspective.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:36 pm

Marijuana is still the most over dramatized drug(use that term loosely)and under researched drug out there.

Marijuana has proven medical benefits but because its classified as lvl 1 like cocaine it can't even be legally researched.

Its nothing but political BS alcohol is much worse for you and is on shelves everywhere.

Especially in fighting....marijuana is not a numbing agent or adrenaline dumping drug like cocaine it slows reaction time and distorts your depth perception.A fighter who wins on weed should be commended not persecuted.

But lets face it the older generation grew up watching videos like above.....sad thing is they bought that propaganda and went on to push it blindly on their children.

Whats the old saying? Ignorance is bliss.

Btw i am quite pissed about the assumption that diaz dialect is a result of marijuana consumption.

If you've ever watched ANY sort of backstory on diaz you will of course know hes had A SPEECH IMPEDIMENT that went untreated for years.

His teachers could tell his brain was working but he couldn't express himself properly pausing and often taking long moments to think over answers before speaking.

Its people who blindly offer up..., dare i say moronic comments that paint diaz as basically a pothead retard, that really get me bent out of shape.

I enjoy all your posts usually you have a vast amount of knowledge on all topics and usually give a great in depth un bias breakdown of the topic....unfortunately this topic seems quite out of your grasp.

Its like asking my dad to explain how social media works...

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:48 am

More Nick Diaz fight videos.

http://bestmmafightvideos.com/videos/160/nick-diaz-vs-robbie-lawler-2004-04-02

Can't embed.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:47 pm

InfinityLens wrote:
CDF47 wrote:This is crazy.  Hope he signs to PRIDE 2.0.

Hope he teams up with Storm to fight the AC's. If this sticks he will be 37 by the time he can fight again, going overseas may be his best option.

Agreed

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:18 am

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Nick should join Samurai FC.... fuck the seedy corrupt world of ultimate cage fighting

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum