Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by Longtime Fan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:31 am

I think Coker is working with a limited budget and trying to make the most of it for now. I don't think bellator will evolve into something similar to pride but I do think they will continue to get stronger and better especially now that they formed an alliance with glory and samurai. It'll take more than bellator to topple UFC , that's for sure. If it even is possible at this point in time.

_________________
"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
avatar
Longtime Fan

Location : Born in NYC, currently living in Santiago, Chile
Posts : 727
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:47 am

fka wrote:Told you bellator and coker would be part of the future.....


How is Bellator a part of the future?

Doing a co-promotion show is nothing new. Been done before.


Bellator is ufc junior. Just another cage fighting company.

avatar
TeamJohnPerretti
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 1855
Join date : 2013-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:48 am

NorthWestMex wrote:Needs PRIDE rules! But Bellator hasn't seemed to improve since Bjorn left. Coker has (a side from Phil Davis) only washed up fighters have been signed. The best fighters they had & have were born out of the tourneys Bjorn made. Instead of seeing MVP or Daley in a tourney in fights that mean something, we see them in squash matches against Olsen & Bears. Instead of a card every a week full of tourney semi finals, finals with prospects & title fights we see Guillard, Beltran, Grove, Ortiz, Koscheck signed or in the main events every month. Yet Coker let's Frodo, Alvarez, Ivanov, Vegh sign else where. I miss the Bjorn run Bellator!




^^^Well said.
avatar
TeamJohnPerretti
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 1855
Join date : 2013-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by fka on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:21 pm

Coker helped get samurai on SPIKE and will be lending fighters for first event.

Sakakibara specifically said he wanted cokers help and is doing just that and this is just the beginning.

Bellator is atleast trying different stuff,one night tourneys,hybrid cards,bringing entertainment back.

They are north american org so of course they are cage....get over it lol

But even cage is different,gloves are better.

But why am i wasting energy this peretti.....i suppose you get props for not mentioning cage wrasslin bwahahahahaha Smile

Just join up already....stu did...get on board haha nevermind

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6528
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:02 pm

FKA is a smart man and we should listen to him cat

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5131
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by fka on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Stu is my favorite poster Smile

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6528
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by CDF47 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:13 pm

fka wrote:Stu is my favorite poster Smile

LOL

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11332
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by RussianTopTeam on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:34 pm


_________________
avatar
RussianTopTeam
Moderator

Posts : 2106
Join date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by fka on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:51 pm

Not for long......

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6528
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by westcott123 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:35 pm

RussianTopTeam wrote:

Ha so it is true we were right all along they did  kill pride he just admitted it . Sakkikabaara isn't doing pride itself  he is doing a new organisation  just typical Dana sending his usual threats out don't you ever try grow big popular enough to challenge us for the top spot otherwise will find something even t( even through bull shitting ) so we can buy you guys and shut you down .edit yes i know it is from 2012 this is my first time seeing it I don't use Twitter .


Last edited by westcott123 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1304
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by Longtime Fan on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Yea, that's basically a hostile financial takeover. They weaken the company they want to buy, later they merge (eat up the competition). They did it to strikeforce and they would have done it to affliction if they had lasted longer.

If Zuffa is capable of resorting to lows like hiring schills to post propaganda on forums , then I definitely don't put it past them to have paid off certain influential people/news outlets that contributed in the defamation of the company in question (pride). They never had the intentions of keeping pride around ,as you can see by the tweet, Dana admitted it 6 years after the fact.

Unethical business practices.
Strongarm tactics
Conflict of interest


Last edited by Longtime Fan on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
avatar
Longtime Fan

Location : Born in NYC, currently living in Santiago, Chile
Posts : 727
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by westcott123 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Longtime Fan wrote:Yea, that's basically a hostile financial takeover. They weaken the company they want to buy, later they merge (eat up the competition). They did it to strikeforce and they would have done it to affliction too bad they lasted longer.

If Zuffa is capable of resorting to lows like hiring schills to post propaganda on forums , then I definitely don't put it past them to have paid off certain influential people/news outlets that contributed in the defamation of the company in question (pride). They never had the intentions of keeping pride around ,as you can see by the tweet, Dana admitted it 6 years after the fact.

Unethical business practices.
Strongarm tactics
Conflict of interest

Oh yes as a fact I think the shills are already out in force Talking shit about this new org (yakuza fix fights steroids ) they are also using the sakakibarrs is connected to the yakuza was there any proof that he sakakibara was connected to crime or was he just the fall guy man I hope someone one day writes a book about it . I mean some one who has worked behind the scenes and knows the ins and outs not just a desgruntled fighter .
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1304
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by Longtime Fan on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Whenever you come across some fool on the forums that wants to talk shit about prides mafia ties, and steroid leniency , just paste the link to the thread in this forum that talks about zuffas mafia ties.

Also you can also paste this



-stolen the name "octagon"
-took credit for the tuf reality show when they initially put down the idea
-leaked news about the yakuza ties that pride had
-fixed numerous fights through dubious judges decisions
-made money off of betting on these fixed fights indirectly
-bribed numerous officials ranging from athletic commission officials to referees and judges
-inflated attendance gates, ppv and viewership numbers
-sabotaged other promotions by putting on fights on same date as them
-has paid schills posting disgusting and obvious pro UFC propaganda on forums and social networks and bashing anything that helps the competition gain momentum.
-successfully cornered the market with their hostile financial takeover, weakening the competition before buying them out through public defamation campaigns
-committed slander when publicly shaming and cursing out Loretta hunt
-banned and taken away the credentials of any news outlet that doesn't tow the company line like sherdog
-damaged the reputation and lowered the market value of fighters through different ways like fixing judges decisions against them when they really won, as well as verbally and literally defaming them through interviews like Dana did to Fedor and many more.
-established a watered down version of mma, taking away the toolset of striking based fighters and specifically taking advantage of the fact that more fights go to decision when you take away soccer kicks and knees to the head of a downed opponent. Converting mma into wrestleboxing
-taken away fighters identities by prohibiting them from using their own custom shorts
-taken away fighters sponsorships through the reebok deal that has cost them a lot of money.
-created an atmosphere of fear and censorship though draconian manipulation
-fabricated a revisionist history that omits many important milestones from the timeline of mma history
-established a standard where a fighter can trash talk his way to a title bout
-created a fraudulent mma hall of fame that doesn't even acknowledge the best fighters in their history
-lied multiple times to the media
-hidden drug test results until after the fight.
-locked fighters up in perpetual contracts

_________________
"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
avatar
Longtime Fan

Location : Born in NYC, currently living in Santiago, Chile
Posts : 727
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by fka on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:09 am

Bellator said they are doing international shows next year and putting on more events.

That should be interesting hopefully allowing roster to grow and keep fighters more busy.

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6528
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:27 pm

fka who you like more Samurai or Bellator?
avatar
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Moderator

Location : Croatia
Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:01 pm

westcott123 wrote:
Longtime Fan wrote:Yea, that's basically a hostile financial takeover. They weaken the company they want to buy, later they merge (eat up the competition). They did it to strikeforce and they would have done it to affliction too bad they lasted longer.

If Zuffa is capable of resorting to lows like hiring schills to post propaganda on forums , then I definitely don't put it past them to have paid off certain influential people/news outlets that contributed in the defamation of the company in question (pride). They never had the intentions of keeping pride around ,as you can see by the tweet, Dana admitted it 6 years after the fact.

Unethical business practices.
Strongarm tactics
Conflict of interest

Oh yes as a fact I think the shills are already out in force Talking shit about this new org (yakuza fix fights steroids ) they are also using the sakakibarrs is connected to the yakuza was there any proof that he sakakibara was connected to crime or was he just the fall guy man I hope someone one day writes a book about it . I mean some one who has worked behind the scenes and knows the ins and outs not just a desgruntled fighter .

I definitely like to hear Sakakibara's side of the story. It's ironic how Spike has jumped into bed with him after they did that "History of PRIDE" on their MMA Uncensored show years ago bringing up the Yakuza scandal and did that interview with Miro Mijitovic where he claimed Sakakibara and the yakuza in PRIDE threaten to kill him if he didn't sign Fedor away to them.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1243
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by westcott123 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:04 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Longtime Fan wrote:Yea, that's basically a hostile financial takeover. They weaken the company they want to buy, later they merge (eat up the competition). They did it to strikeforce and they would have done it to affliction too bad they lasted longer.

If Zuffa is capable of resorting to lows like hiring schills to post propaganda on forums , then I definitely don't put it past them to have paid off certain influential people/news outlets that contributed in the defamation of the company in question (pride). They never had the intentions of keeping pride around ,as you can see by the tweet, Dana admitted it 6 years after the fact.

Unethical business practices.
Strongarm tactics
Conflict of interest

Oh yes as a fact I think the shills are already out in force Talking shit about this new org (yakuza fix fights steroids ) they are also using the sakakibarrs is connected to the yakuza was there any proof that he sakakibara was connected to crime or was he just the fall guy man I hope someone one day writes a book about it . I mean some one who has worked behind the scenes and knows the ins and outs not just a desgruntled fighter .

I definitely like to hear Sakakibara's side of the story. It's ironic how Spike has jumped into bed with him after they did that "History of PRIDE" on their MMA Uncensored show years ago bringing up the Yakuza scandal and did that interview with Miro Mijitovic where he claimed Sakakibara and the yakuza in PRIDE threaten to kill him if he didn't sign Fedor away to them.

Yes it is very ironic though wasn't spike still with the UFC at the time ? Though I wonder how the Japanese feel about the whole pride 2.0 yes I'm asking you nodogoshi are they exited about it or is just meh .That Miro guy acting all innocent I bet he had his hand dipped in some organised crime I don't think he is as innocent as he makes himself out to be , one thing puzzles me is why would pride care that fedor signed with inoki I mean fedor himself said that pride never wanted him as champ at first they wanted crop cop ,big nog , as the Champ
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1304
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:22 pm

yeah but was spike owned by viacom back then?

I mean when spike and ufc were in the same bed they'll do anything to shit on other promotions.

now viacom owns bellator and has links to samurai fc

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5131
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Coker wants Bellator to be like Pride but 'only better'

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:57 am

This was early 2012 so UFC had just left but that was during the period when Viacom and Spike still had access to UFC footage and Bellator wasn't able to get onto Spike until January 2013 due to contractual reasons.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1243
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum