Are we about to experience the beginning of a new era in mma ? The dynamite era?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are we about to experience the beginning of a new era in mma ? The dynamite era?

Post by Longtime Fan on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:29 am

I for one am happy that Fedor is back , I would've preferred to see him against the best hw's of the sport but who knows ? If dynamite really develops nicely and picks up a lot of disenchanted talent from everywhere , we just might see a fighter exodus , similar to the one we saw from American fighters that went to fight in Japan in the early 2000's.

I have hope this will happen.

Dynamite will be the next pride.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we about to experience the beginning of a new era in mma ? The dynamite era?

Post by Kinosis on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:58 am

fedor is apparently signed to 2 fights with this new org. If one of them is Randy Couture I'll be happy. By that time some other contracts will be up and some other name fighters will be up for new contracts. I like competition between orgs to get fighters prices up. I would like to see Fedor avenge at least 1 of his losses before he retire again. This new org could pick up Bigfoot or Hendo.

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we about to experience the beginning of a new era in mma ? The dynamite era?

Post by CDF47 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:59 am

^That's what I am hoping for as well. Lesnar is another option as well.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:24 am

This is all so recent so it still hasn't completely sunk in to our minds but thinking it more and more , pride 2.0 + spiketv is a winning combo !

Spike tv will replace the need for tv exposure in Japan with fujitv , and this channel already has the eyeballs and demographic. It just needs the content. Having spike tv as your main platform did wonders for the UFC and it will help pride 2.0 immensely

I predict a mass exodus of disgruntled current UFC fighters in the near future. Just watch ! One by one. Mma will be saved.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:40 am

I'd like to see Fedor fight Blagoi Ivanov and Randy Couture. Win those 2 fights and see from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:02 am

I'd pay to see those.

If they can make randy Fedor to start , they will set Fedor assail with good momentum and a win would gain Fedor some confidence going forward.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Bellator and sakakibara are goibg to do some great things im glad this is happening its really an exciting time.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:31 pm

"Dynamite era"

lets not get caried away before they've even had an event Rolling LMAO

Just hope they have regular events 6-8 times a year like Dream used to

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by nhbnews on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:17 pm

As for Couture, if he comes back to fight, he may still be tied up to Zuffa, unfortunately. He had two fights remaining before he retired, I believe, and I don't know how long their absurd contracts last.

nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media

http://eddiegoldman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:47 pm

stu3ufc wrote:"Dynamite era"

Yeah it is great that Fedor didn't sign with the devil but I wanna see how it plays out before saying this Is a new era .i heard that it will be in a ring though it was some person on something (I forgot )who said it so I wouldn't take it as gospel .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:32 am

Dynamite is probably a trademark which was lent to Bellator.

Pride 2.0 is called Samurai.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:33 am

Incidentally I'm at a BBQ and have just been discussing many of these things about Pride 2.0 with Japanese guys Wink. I'm informing them of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:07 am

nhbnews wrote:As for Couture, if he comes back to fight, he may still be tied up to Zuffa, unfortunately. He had two fights remaining before he retired, I believe, and I don't know how long their absurd contracts last.

From what I read, in perpetuity (forever), is written all over the UFC contracts.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:14 am

CDF47 wrote:
nhbnews wrote:As for Couture, if he comes back to fight, he may still be tied up to Zuffa, unfortunately. He had two fights remaining before he retired, I believe, and I don't know how long their absurd contracts last.

From what I read, in perpetuity (forever), is written all over the UFC contracts.

he's happily retired even if he wanted to come back his soul belongs to the devil

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Cool nogodoshi

Samurai is a pretty cool name.

When pride 2.0 and bellator hold events together they should call themselves PREDATOR lol

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:21 pm

The BBQ was with a bunch of fucking mafia guys at a money laundry mat.

These kind of situations are always strange.

Mafia guys are naturally interested in the goings on in combat sports though (both as fight fans, and for things like gambling, etc.).

I am not a criminal, and don't like criminals.

I have a tendency to fall in with strange cats.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:23 pm

Also, the news had been broken in the US the day before, and hasn't completely filtered in yet.

They'll probably be rolling out their ad campaign in due time.

It is perhaps a little early, yet.

The attention spans here are less than what they are in the US.

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:10 am

nodogoshi wrote:Also, the news had been broken in the US the day before, and hasn't completely filtered in yet.

They'll probably be rolling out their ad campaign in due time.

It is perhaps a little early, yet.

The attention spans here are less than what they are in the US.

Is this in the news in japan or any source material of Samurai or updates.
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:13 am

Dream was shit imo no pride rules only 2 fucking rounds.

what were they fucking thinking.

If this is anything like dream minus well start waiting for it to sink.
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:49 pm

I searched the name samurai mma and came up with an amateur cage using org that is already in existence.

A promotion named "samurai" already exists and I didn't see any hint that sakakibara has anything to do with them.

Is he planning on buying them or start from fresh ?

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:48 pm

CODELMJVG wrote:

Dream was shit imo no pride rules only 2 fucking rounds.

what were they fucking thinking.

If this is anything like dream minus well start waiting for it to sink.

Dream wasnt shit at all. Dream was a updated Hero's with all the ex pride fc guys that UFC released and ignored until they came back to japan in 2013 when all the top guys were 35yrs + old as fuck and past their prime.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:23 am

You sir it was a far cry of any relevance of bringing JMMA back.
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:14 pm

I just kicked back and pulled out some old pride dvds from my extensive collection and I got this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia, and made me daydream about this new org, I hope it has that magic !

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:59 am

Longtime Fan wrote:I just kicked back and pulled out some old pride dvds from my extensive collection and I got this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia, and made me daydream about this new org, I hope it has that magic !

Yes I hope so too but of course depends on what kind of fighters they get I mean I loved pride too but at the end of the day it was the fighters that made pride . That's is why the UFC should be careful it ain't the fighters of today it is the fighters of tomorrow if you have an up and comer if they had to choose UFC and 5 k rebook deal or another org who would pay them 50k for their debut .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum