An open letter to all current UFC fighters (disgruntled mma fan activism)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An open letter to all current UFC fighters (disgruntled mma fan activism)

Post by Longtime Fan on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Please read and share, let's make this viral.

We should start our own propaganda campaign of sorts and create an open letter directed to the current UFC fighters stating:

"Dear UFC fighter

We, the faithful, hardcore, and long time mma fans want to send you a message of support and at the same time ask you to help change mma for the better. For yourselves, for us and for the many employees and their families effected by Zuffa UFC'S draconian, totalitarian dictatorship in order to help break the stranglehold they have on the sport of mma.

This is the time to act, the landscape of mma is and will continue to change now that the creation of a new organization and alliance has been announced. The pendulum is starting to swing towards the opposite direction and the momentum is shifting once again towards a balanced and fair mma playing field. Please consider the possibility of leaving the UFC once your current fight contract is up and exploring the market as free agents. We, as consumers need a viable alternative/competition to the UFC. The UFC had successfully for a time succeeded in controlling and directing this ship that is mma and taking it towards the wrong direction. They have watered down and homogenized our beloved sport and on top of all that, they have treated their fighters poorly both verbally and financially.

We need you to support this new #changemma movement by boycotting, speaking up for yourselves more often, and ultimately, leaving the UFC. We know that you are not happy with the reebok sponsorship situation. We know that you are not happy with the Diaz suspension. We know that you are not happy with what seem to be corrupt judges decisions that effect your career and marketability negatively.

Unfortunately there are no short term rewards, but we invite you to see the long term benefits to your career and to the vitality and health of mma as a sport over spectacle. If you leave the UFC you may lose out initially but end up winning in the end when you've helped create a level market, one that isn't cornered by the UFC. It is time for you to re-gain your individuality and respect!

In conclusion, we true fans believe that martial arts should transcend good values and teach integrity. They should show us how to live through life abiding by a code of honor. We want our sport to reflect these values. Currently the UFC is teaching and promoting the opposite of that. We don't feel we need to list examples of this and get into semantics. Those who know, know...and each day one more fan becomes the wiser. Help us by spreading the word and taking action. Even just by sharing this open letter from the hardcore fan community on the social networks will help us get tremendous exposure needed to create awareness.

Thank you for entertaining us all these years,
Your loyal fans (we support you primarily, not a brand)

Longtime fans
Www.Global-mma.com
#changemma"

I don't have an account on sherdog so if someone could post this there and let us know it would be greatly appreciated !

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: An open letter to all current UFC fighters (disgruntled mma fan activism)

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:13 am

The sport is too far gone to beat ZUFFA's control

only thing that will save us is if top fighters start leaving ufc for bellator or other promotions...

zuffa fighters arent gonna speak out against UFC....career sucicide imo

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:37 am

I know a fighter revolution/exodus/mma reform won't come easily and it definitely won't come overnight, but it is possible though. Remember how fighters flocked to Japan in the early 2000's because the pay was better ? And then it happened again but on a smaller scale (some fighters left the UFC like Tim Sylvia) when strike force and affliction showed up.

If the stars align literally and fight in this new org, it will change mma for the better and that's all I ask. Not some UFC takeover. The fc has shown to be a cancerous tumor that redevelops every time it is removed. We can only hope and create awareness as fans and that is what we should do in order to fight the mass pro UFC paid propaganda by zombie posters. We need to show more presence. I Facebook bombed many fighters pages yesterday with this open letter and got some positive responses by Stephen quadros and lode sincaid atleast.

This is the pinnacle moment, let's us fight for the change we want to see or we should forever hold our peace.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:18 pm

I really hope PRIDE 2.0 and Bellator can take over soon.  Would be a great day when they start pulling in the UFC fighters.  Would be cool to see UFC as a future feeder league for them.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Good stuff. LTF you should make new accounts on other forums to spread this.

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:53 pm

I should and I think I will. Sherdog has me ip banned I think because I can't seem to be able to register. I go through the process and they don't approve of me (I think it's because of the fact that I always invent names that are similar to longtime fan and I give myself away).

I'll try others forums, any suggestions ?

Also feel free guys to copy and paste it and spread the word that we as a community of real hardcore fans have a voice and we are expressing our discontent with mma.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:15 am

I do not want to spoil but I think sharing with sherdogers and other zuffa zombies won't change anything. Zombie is always zombie and for them Fedor will be can crusher and JMMA "fake" where lower level guys fight. I do not care for them! Real fans will enjoy in Samurai and fighter will go where is money!

Last edited by nothing=PRIDEFC on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:18 am

True. What about the underground?

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:28 am

Only thing that matters are tv ratings (and tv contracts)  and those will depend about how much "average people" will watch.

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:42 am

nothing=PRIDEFC wrote:I do not want to spoil but I think sharing with sherdogers and other zuffa zombies won't change anything. Zombie is always zombie and for them Fedor will be can crusher and JMMA "fake" where lower level guys fight. I do not care for them! Real fans will enjoy in Samurai and fighter will go where is money!

90% of MMA fans are utterly terrible (i.e conor/rousey fanboys)! Only a small minority appreciate the sport and the fighters and will watch the sport to appreciate the technique.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Brandon Vera just showed some support on Facebook. Props to him. I had told him that I supported him for speaking up about the miesha tate/UFC issue

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:29 pm

^That's cool Vera likes it

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:03 pm

CDF47 wrote:^That's cool Vera likes it

Vera, Nate Quarry, Cung Le, Jon Fitch

all the guys on the lawsuit against zuffa LTF

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:05 pm

I messaged Nate quarry, I had forgotten Cung and Fitch whom I'll message now thanks stu

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:13 pm

A lot of these less popular fighters don't allow you to leave comments on their pages. They must get trolled too much. Lol

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:56 am

Longtime Fan wrote:Brandon Vera just showed some support on Facebook. Props to him. I had told him that I supported him for speaking up about the miesha tate/UFC issue
Any support to our movment is good thing!

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum