Bellator Dynamite breaks attendance and live gate records but doesn't do as well in views

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bellator Dynamite breaks attendance and live gate records but doesn't do as well in views

Post by fka on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:47 am

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/22/9373157/bellator-does-800000-viewers-for-first-installment-of-dynamite

It averaged 800,000 and peaked at 914,000 viewers.Its a far cry from the millions they were hoping for.

I didnt think this would break ratings records but i thought it'd break a million.Perhaps thecard could have been stacked a bit more i agree especially the kickboxing bouts but i also think its still such a different concept it wasnt a turn on for everyone.

Personally i felt it was a good card and live it was incredible but i haven't watched the tv version,once i do i will give my opinion.

In the future i see them only getting better and hey the event still broke 2 records.
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator Dynamite breaks attendance and live gate records but doesn't do as well in views

Post by fka on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:49 am

Actually it was 930,000 was the peak nunber,my bad.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator Dynamite breaks attendance and live gate records but doesn't do as well in views

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:21 am

This is reason why they will not spend money on stars but put Kimbo-Shamrock and those.
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:42 am

It's a slow buildup, let's give them some time. To be fair this is the first big event that they put on.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:32 am

Lets blame the kickboxing side of it!

We all know Bellator is a ratings winner but that kickboxing was just fucking pointless I bet viewers switched off not knowing what they were watching

p.s I love scott coker with all my heart ....he is god

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:54 am

Longtime Fan wrote:It's a slow buildup, let's give them some time. To be fair this is the first big event that they put on.

Tito-Bonnar and Kimbo-Shamrock were considered big events.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:57 am

Going forward they need to put on better kickboxing matches if they will continue to co promote with glory. Some better name fighters would be cool.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:30 am

Longtime Fan wrote:Going forward they need to put on better kickboxing matches if they will continue to co promote with glory. Some better name fighters would be cool.

The kickboxing side sucked ass... Just a mess to have the event split like that

Just no need for watered down kickboxing. get rid of the ring.... most people were there for the MMA not paul daley vs some tomato can

The 4man tournament was good... they need to do a Welterweight or Middleweight some time

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:00 am

I wouldn't mind if they put on good kickboxing matches with the likes of

Badr hari
Ghita
Ghokan saki
Schilt
Feitosa
Sprong
And many more

Disclaimer: I don't know their status', so if they are retired, my bad.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:32 am

It was the first dynamite event so we shall see how future events do.I think more big names next time will help mcgeary is a killer but not a huge star yet and is pretty mild mannered.

The peak was during the tournament the rest was a wash.I agree better kickboxing matches and better supporting mma fights will help.

This was historic either way.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Longtime Fan wrote:I wouldn't mind if they put on good kickboxing matches with the likes of

Badr hari
Ghita
Ghokan saki
Schilt
Feitosa
Sprong
And many more

Disclaimer: I don't know their status', so if they are retired, my bad.
Glory has some money problems most of those fighters are not in Glory
Hari is fighting in G.F.C and AKHMAT, Saki also in G.F.C, Schilt is retired, Feitosa is retired too, Spong is doing boxing and MMA. Ghita could been put on card!

Basically Glory is in serious trouble they lost most of big stars!
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Overall the card could have been built better with more stars and kickboxing coulda did without Daley or the female fight.

I think its a good idea just wasnt executed perfectly,i actually thought the event should be longer but maybe thats just me.

Also ive been thinking since SAMURAI is in the game we may be in for a treat in the future,the first taste of that will be the card in japan on spike.

Bellator has lent out quite a few fighters and not just scrubs,im hoping this was part of building a solid working relationship and hoping the favor is returned on some big cards

All in all being there was much more exciting then the tv version but it was still a cool idea and was really good just think it needs fine tuning.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:00 pm

I think we shouldnt mixed mma and kickboxing

i really dont if all that gets put on are piss weak glory fights..

That money should go into a bigger mma show

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum