Roy Nelson on UFC "they want Werdum to fight Cain and that doesn't make any sense, should adopt tournament style format"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roy Nelson on UFC "they want Werdum to fight Cain and that doesn't make any sense, should adopt tournament style format"

Post by Longtime Fan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:39 pm

“They want Werdum to fight Cain and that doesn’t make any sense because Cain has fought the same guy three or four times,” Nelson bristled. “I want to do a Cain-a-Palooza. I want to do what he did where he fights everyone three or four times… Why should Cain get another chance? He got choked out. He quit.” Nelson thinks that the UFC should adopt a tournament-style format similar to the one that Bellator utilized to decide who the No. 1 contender is. In his mind, that would create more opportunities for the rest of the division and eliminate the repetition that seems to have engulfed the weight class. “In all pro sports, there’s some kind of tournament,” he explained. “You might go 8-8 during the season but there’s a playoffs where you can have that Cinderella run.” Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Tir...Ho0ez8Uzodq.99 wrote:

Good idea but

Roy is asking too much from his masters

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Roy Nelson on UFC "they want Werdum to fight Cain and that doesn't make any sense, should adopt tournament style format"

Post by westcott123 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:14 pm

Simple they want Cain as the champ because of the whole Latin America thing even though werdum speaks better Spanish then what Cain does . What's the bet that if Roy losses they will cut him he and Dana always had their thing against each other . Another thing what's the bet that if Cain wins even if it is by the most flukist win ever they will make werdum fight at least another two or 3 more guys before get another shot .the UFC will put Cain against guys that match his style perfectly which they have with jds and big foot .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Re: Roy Nelson on UFC "they want Werdum to fight Cain and that doesn't make any sense, should adopt tournament style format"

Post by Longtime Fan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:35 pm

^^^^ you're right. UFC knows that cains fan base consist mainly of those millions of blue collar drunken mid age Mexican consumers, those are the same fight fans that tune in and buy millions of boxing ppvs. They have a pugilistic culture so it's a no brainer.

Cain as champion = more money and it's so evident it's ashamed the lengths they go to try to keep him as champ.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:29 am

correction "they want Cain as their champion as he brings in the money in mexico, we dont want werdum as champion because he doesnt make us money hence the rematch...plus we love to make money from rematches" UFC

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:13 pm

They are praying to god cain wins haha.....werdum is gonna wreck him again if anything cain may last 5 rounds but he wont win.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp8351 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:42 am

Agree - they really do seem to want Cain as champ.

CREAM... they have to be hurting, PPV-wise, since the days of dominant champs in BJ, GSP, Silva, a popular LHW division and Brock.
dp8351

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum