Dana White told Stipe Miocic he won't get title shot until he becomes 'more popular' with UFC fans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dana White told Stipe Miocic he won't get title shot until he becomes 'more popular' with UFC fans

Post by Longtime Fan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Top Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight contender Tyron Woodley believes you don't need to satisfy mixed martial arts (MMA) fans in order to earn a division title shot. He might want to check with Dana White on that one. It seems the promotion president flat-out told Stipe Miocic he wasn't going to get a crack at the crown until he became "more popular" with the fans. After all, fans buy tickets and purchase pay-per-view (PPV) events and well, this is a business. A transcription from his conversation with Submission Radio: If Stipe had a chat with Dana over the phone to find out what he needs to do to get a title shot: "Yeah, I need to get more popular. I wasn't popular enough and so it's pretty much, I gotta get popular." How is Stipe is planning on getting more popular: "I don't know. I mean it must be like a High School thing, you know? I mean that's pretty much what it was. So I mean, I gotta go out there and keep beating ass." Stipe's thoughts on Junior dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem likely to have a title shot over him and if it's frustrating that his shot is a bit further away now: "It is, but like I said, those guys are popular. I'm not." Johny Hendricks can relate. Miocic can endear himself to fans with a "Big" finish next month in Ireland (details). That's where the 13-2 heavyweight battles longtime veteran (and master of the post-fight laugh) Ben Rothwell, who also looks to lay claim to the 265-pound throne (if and when it ever gets decided). Then again, that may depend on the outcome of this. wrote:

What kind of pro wrestling shit is this? Now it's an official thing that you need to have fans to fight for the title? Wtf Dana ? How about just being good and deserving of a title match ?

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Dana White told Stipe Miocic he won't get title shot until he becomes 'more popular' with UFC fans

Post by westcott123 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Wow wwe type shit here Yep they don't want stipe fighting for the title because they know for a fact that he also has a great chance at beating Cain as well whom they want as champion I guess he should shit talk like the leprechaun .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Re: Dana White told Stipe Miocic he won't get title shot until he becomes 'more popular' with UFC fans

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:31 pm

UFC is a fucking joke

Why do the UFC set out to piss me off with every decision they seem to make....they have fucking ruined this sport for me.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Red on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:29 am

Translation: They're holding that spot for that MexiCAN until he gets his shit together so Werdum can beat him again.

At least half or more of the UFC champs these days are boring personalities. No casual fan gives a shit about any of the LW or below champs, and they're just starting to come around to Weidman. Dumb excuse.

"Help am in Indonesia, lost debit card & cannot contact you via phone line - please help: 1danielfletcher@gmail.com thank you." - Fletch

Aunt Red

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:18 am

Americanized cage fighting is trash.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by dp8351 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:01 am

So, a sport (term used loosely in this sense) requires popularity, not skill?

Hell, maybe fighters should start crowdfunding campaigns and give the proceeds directly to the UFC to prove that they're moneymakers.

SMH

dp8351

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:43 am

MMA FUCKING SUCKS

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by dp8351 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:13 am

STU! cheers

dp8351

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Is there a link for this?

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Tue May 24, 2016 3:58 pm

Now he's champ!

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue May 24, 2016 7:01 pm

hilarious bump Smile

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum