RUMOR: Fedor's opponent is Jaideep Singh? (and Aoki vs. Sakuraba)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RUMOR: Fedor's opponent is Jaideep Singh? (and Aoki vs. Sakuraba)

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:16 am

Fedor Emelianenko's opponent for his Dec. 31 return fight is expected to be announced at a press conference in Japan on Thursday, however, sources with knowledge of the fight say the new Japanese promotion is targeting Indian-Japanese heavyweight kickboxer Jaideep Singh as his foe.

The 28-year-old Singh is 40-10 (1 NC) in kickboxing but just 1-0 in MMA. His lone MMA fight was in June 2013 when he defeated Alireza Tavak at Super Fight League 19. The 2009 K-1 World Grand Prix in Seoul champion hasn't won a kickboxing match since 2011.

The 39-year-old Emelianenko (34-14, 1 NC) recently ended his retirement to sign with former Pride boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara's new promotion, whose name has yet to be announced. One name that has been discussed is Samurai FC, but that has yet to be finalized. That announcement is also expected to come Thursday, along with several more details about the organization.

The promotion will hold three events in three days at the end of the year on Dec. 29, 30 and 31. The main event of the show on Dec. 29 is currently slated to be Shinya Aoki vs. Kazushi Sakuraba in a catchweight bout. All three events are expected to be held at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, with the hope that the Dec. 29 and 31 events will be televised locally on Fuji TV in Japan. The Emelianenko-Singh card will air via tape delay in the United States on Spike TV. The promotion is currently planning on only holding two-to-three mega events a year, and they could also feature kickboxing and grappling matches as well.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/6/9461283/new-japanese-promotion-targeting-fedor-emelianenko-vs-singh-jaideep

Last edited by nothing=PRIDEFC on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Re: RUMOR: Fedor's opponent is Jaideep Singh? (and Aoki vs. Sakuraba)

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:27 am

It's the first fight back for Fedor. I'm expecting it to be a favorable matchup.

It would be great to see Fedor destroy Kimbo.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:53 am

I wanted this to be Pride 2.0 but what just got announced is utter shit sorry... Just another Inoki Bo Ya minus the pro wrestling. I'll hold my breath for the undercard hoping scott coker and sakibara get some big names on this

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/6/9461283/new-japanese-promotion-targeting-fedor-emelianenko-vs-singh-jaideep

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:16 pm

For a first fight back, I think it's not a deal breaker if Fedor doesn't fight a top 10, I will be mad though if we don't get someone worthy for the second fight.

This guy isn't that bad of a hw to be honest. He moves like werdum kinda minus the Bjj. Much better than some UFC hws like sean Jordan and Roy Nelson.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Dude really hope this isn't his opponent.....

Igf could come up with a better opponent or ksw....

Rematch with ishii or monson has more credability then this....

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:31 pm

MMA is fucking DEAD!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:07 pm

I mean why not rico v?Atleast he's more then a kick boxer.....

Seriously disappointed of this is the best they could do.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Anyone throwing shade at Fedor right now is nothing but no good Zooffa Zombie too me.

The world is a beautiful place when Fedor can return and face a taller & younger man with vicious enough striking to kill Sergei Kharitonov.

The world is a beautiful place when Fedor will be competing in Japan rather than on some Fite Pass show in Oklahoma.

The world is a beautiful place when Fedor does not have to wear Reeb0k.

SHINE ON LIKE FEDOR WOULD WANT YOU TO!!!

Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Dont get me wrong im happy to see him fight i was just hoping for mpre of a experienced known fighter.

Id still prefer rico over this dude.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:24 pm

man i hope it was at least sergei or at least ishii then  again the article did say they are "targeting" so  it is not exactly set in stone .
I looked him up he is good kick boxer even won a k1 championship KO sergei . Could be worse they could of signed a wwe wrestler who's only has done pro wrestling [no kickboxing boxing amatuer real wrestling jiu itsu]
oh wait ufc done that . they also have signed  a boxer and another pro wrestler who himself had only one fight prior but you know with those zombie some how that's different .

Though i'm interested in seeing the saku aoki fight .

Last edited by westcott123 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:50 pm

AudaxSynth wrote:Anyone throwing shade at Fedor right now is nothing but no good Zooffa Zombie too me.

The world is a beautiful place when Fedor can return and face a taller & younger man with vicious enough striking to kill Sergei Kharitonov.

The world is a beautiful place when Fedor will be competing in Japan rather than on some Fite Pass show in Oklahoma.

yes i agree he legacy is already done if he wants to take it easy then thats his choice man the zombies have been going ape shit like i said in another post wouldn't make a difference who he was fighting they were going to talk shit whats the bet that if fedor signed with the UFC and this guy was his first opponent they would be singing a different tune .
The real truth is that they hate the fact that some fighters like him don;t bend over backwards and take up the arse by dana white and crew like they expect every fighter to do .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:36 pm

I'm not hating on fedor for who he fights

I just hate the match up and I hate the plans for the new pride fc

I expected more

just wish they could have got a solid HW fighter...

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:52 pm

Ive been thinking and this is my outcome....

Fedor told us what hes doing but no one listens.....he said he wanted to fight in japan and Russia.

I bet his second fight is sakakibara doing event in russia or him fighting for m1.

Then he said he wanted to fight stateside so i think he will sign with bellator or ufc.

Thats my gut feeing.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:08 am

westcott123 wrote:
AudaxSynth wrote:Anyone throwing shade at Fedor right now is nothing but no good Zooffa Zombie too me.

yes i agree he legacy is already done if he wants to take it easy then thats  his choice man the zombies have been going ape shit like i said in another post wouldn't make a difference who he was fighting they were going to talk shit whats the bet that if fedor signed with the UFC  and this guy was his first opponent they would be singing a different  tune .
The real truth is that they hate the fact that some fighters like him  don;t  bend  over backwards and take up the arse by dana white and crew like they expect every fighter to do .

Absolutely. Then again, they were cool with 1-0 Brock Lesnar in the UFC despite beating a can. They were fine with the UFC signing James Toney to $500,000 to face their most decorated fighter despite the fact he had no MMA experience before or since. They are perfectly cool with signing a pro wrestler like CM Punk despite the fact he has no combat sports experience, never competed in MMA, and never competed in any major competition like grappling or striking tournaments.

Keep in mind, they're Zuffa Zombies for a reason. They shit on every other MMA promotion no matter what, they don't want the UFC to have any competition, they don't want a fighters union or MMA Ali Act, and they want every good fighter in the UFC. To them, anything the UFC wants, they should get. They don't want competition, or a union, or anything that benefits anyone but them, then we should just shut up and give it to them.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:13 am

Wait for the official news. Fight rumors are common and commonly wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:33 am

nodogoshi wrote:Wait for the official news. Fight rumors are common and commonly wrong.

That's true. Remember when the media said Rampage would face Roy Jones in Bellator two years ago? He even said don't believe everything you hear or read.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:58 pm

[quote="Rocksoldier84"]
nodogoshi wrote:Wait for the official news. Fight rumors are common and commonly wrong.

That's true. Remember when the media said Rampage would face Roy Jones in Bellator two years ago? He even said don't believe everything you hear or read.[/quo

yes trouble is though most people only read the head line and that's it ,yes it is a rumor not once did any of them say this is the guy he is fighting they pretty much said he is potential opponent .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

yes i agree he legacy is already done if he wants to take it easy then thats  his choice man the zombies have been going ape shit like i said in another post wouldn't make a difference who he was fighting they were going to talk shit whats the bet that if fedor signed with the UFC  and this guy was his first opponent they would be singing a different  tune .
The real truth is that they hate the fact that some fighters like him  don;t  bend  over backwards and take up the arse by dana white and crew like they expect every fighter to do .

Absolutely. Then again, they were cool with 1-0 Brock Lesnar in the UFC despite beating a can. They were fine with the UFC signing James Toney to $500,000 to face their most decorated fighter despite the fact he had no MMA experience before or since. They are perfectly cool with signing a pro wrestler like CM Punk despite the fact he has no combat sports experience, never competed in MMA, and never competed in any major competition like grappling or striking tournaments.

Keep in mind, they're Zuffa Zombies for a reason. They shit on every other MMA promotion no matter what, they don't want the UFC to have any competition, they don't want a fighters union or MMA Ali Act, and they want every good fighter in the UFC. To them, anything the UFC wants, they should get. They don't want competition, or a union, or anything that benefits anyone but them, then we should just shut up and give it to them.

yes that is all true when the ufc does it seems ok when another org does it ah "can" gotta love the double standards hey . yes your'e right they want everyone to be a mindless zuffa drone .The fedor thing the difference between us and them is that we got proof that fedor the goat what do they have ? a ufc smear campaign and the bullshit stories from peds using career criminal .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:46 pm

westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

yes that is all true when the ufc does it seems ok when another org does it ah "can" gotta love the double standards hey . yes your'e right they want everyone to be a mindless zuffa drone .The fedor thing the difference between us and them is that we got proof that fedor the goat what do they have ? a ufc smear campaign and the bullshit stories from peds using career criminal .

If it's not those, they say that he only beat Nogueira and Cro Cop even though he also beat Babalu, Arona, Schilt, Herring, Coleman twice, Randleman, Kohsaka, Hunt, Sylvia, Arlovski, Rogers, and Monson. Hell, even gatekeepers like Fujita and Goodridge have something to offer.

What's even laughable is that they say he has to be in the UFC to prove himself. Their idea of Fedor proving himself is against Brock Lesnar who didn't even have 10 fights, Shane Carwin who mostly beat cans & got two good wins before he flamed out, and two current stars who can't stay healthy in Velasquez and Dos Santos. Guy already beat four former UFC Champions but beating the flavors of the month will establish him.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:16 am

Not directly related but.... Fujita is very underrated as fighter in MMA community. Fujita had very close fight with Crocop(2nd), he beat (prime)Bob Sapp and almost KOd Fedor. I think people would look different at him if he won 2000 GP but that thing with knee happened and on on the saddest rematch with Coleman never happened.
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:02 am

Ariel Helwani is a slimey piece of filfth!

Do not trust him

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:24 pm

They haven't announced who Fedor's opponent is. You can't go off of internet rumors. If you do that than the organization is called Samurai. For all anyone knows, this indian kickboxer is just someone they are trying to get for the HW tournament. Even if Fedor does fight him, it doesn't bother me. The guy has good stand up and destroyed Kharitonov on the feet in under 3 minutes.

It's Fedor's first fight back in 3.5 years and he just turned 39 years old. I don't expect him to be fighting Werdum and fedor said he wanted a warm up fight first to test himself out and see how he feels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:25 pm

I wonder if whoever wins the HW tourney will be Fedor's opponent sometime down the line?

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Kinosis wrote:They haven't announced who Fedor's opponent is. You can't go off of internet rumors. If you do that than the organization is called Samurai. For all anyone knows, this indian kickboxer is just someone they are trying to get for the HW tournament. Even if Fedor does fight him, it doesn't bother me. The guy has good stand up and destroyed Kharitonov on the feet in under 3 minutes.

It's Fedor's first fight back in 3.5 years and he just turned 39 years old. I don't expect him to be fighting Werdum and fedor said he wanted a warm up fight first to test himself out and see how he feels.

cant blame people for jumping the gun.... not much info out until today

however fuck helwani

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:44 pm

stu3ufc wrote:
Kinosis wrote:They haven't announced who Fedor's opponent is. You can't go off of internet rumors. If you do that than the organization is called Samurai. For all anyone knows, this indian kickboxer is just someone they are trying to get for the HW tournament. Even if Fedor does fight him, it doesn't bother me. The guy has good stand up and destroyed Kharitonov on the feet in under 3 minutes.

cant blame people for jumping the gun.... not much info out until today

however fuck helwani

were did that info come from anyway a shit stirrer ? and yes fuck shilwani
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum