View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rizin

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:49 am

It seems that K-1 is in this too!

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:55 am

^Nice! It would be good to see a K-1 fighter in the tourney like Pride used to do.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:20 pm

The future is bright once again fellas. I think it goes without saying that we must do our part to support this new upstart org any way possible for it to gain a strong foothold in the mma landscape. I have a feeling this finally is going to be the org that will have the best chance to really bring the fight to Zuffa. I don't see them selling the whole shit to the UFC this time after being betrayed like sakakibara was when he sold his baby to them under the promise that they would keep pride alive.

They won't fall for it again. They know zuffas goal is to corner the market and monopolize the sport.

Last edited by Longtime Fan on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:54 pm

They HAVE to build new stars in this first year of operation though.

wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:44 pm

I think they will undoubtedly create new stars easily, as they always have done in Japan under pride because they are really good at promoting fighters through unique angles that you can't find here in American MMA, they are creative and give more backstory about fighters.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Longtime Fan wrote:The future is bright once again fellas. I think it goes without saying that we must do our part to support this new upstart org any way possible for it to gain  a strong foothold in the mma landscape. I have a feeling this finally is going to be the org that will have the best chance to really bring the fight to Zuffa. I don't see them selling the whole shit to the UFC this time after being betrayed like sakakibara was when he sold his baby to them under the promise that they would keep pride alive.

They won't fall for it again. They know zuffas goal is to corner the market and monopolize the sport.

nope they wont i think that is why he is doing the partnership /cross promoting thing that way if something happens he can for example let scott coker take over the reigns or the guy runs ksw or bamma or jungle fights .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Yes. The "hydra" concept. You cut one head it grows back while you fight the others.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:50 pm

Allegedly it is HW GP with 8 fighters and 1st day(29. December) will have quarter finals and 2nd day(31st December) will have semi finals and finals and prize is 500k(US)

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:22 am

wekka wrote:They HAVE to build new stars in this first year of operation though.

Pride was always good at building stars. Actually most of the major orgs are good at building stars, except for the ufc. They tend to just buy other orgs and steal their stars.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:22 am

Kinosis wrote:
wekka wrote:They HAVE to build new stars in this first year of operation though.

Pride was always good at building stars.  Actually most of the major orgs are good at building stars, except for the ufc.  They tend to just buy other orgs and steal their stars.

That is the ufc 101.

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:24 am

Kinosis wrote:

Pride was always good at building stars.  Actually most of the major orgs are good at building stars, except for the ufc.  They tend to just buy other orgs and steal their stars.

When was the last orginal stars tito, chuck,couture,brock.

CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:06 am

PRIDE was the best at building new star fighters. Hope Rizin follows suit.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:19 am

That's what Zuffa is scared most about. They know that sakakibara and his unique Japanese angle is interesting enough that it will definitely build stars.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:30 am

Longtime Fan wrote:That's what Zuffa is scared most about. They know that sakakibara and his unique Japanese angle is interesting enough that it will definitely build stars.

Not to mention he as already covered the whole yakuza thing and has lawyers and ex cops to make sure no criminal activity is happening .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:35 am

CODELMJVG wrote:
Kinosis wrote:

When was the last orginal stars tito, chuck,couture,brock.

yeah pretty much even two of them had turned against zuffa . Jose aldo will be another one who will turn on them he kind of is thats why the hope conor beats him .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:14 pm

Kinosis wrote:

Yeah, it's quite amazing how much UFC owes to other companies regarding talent. It's always pathetic how zombies believe fighters have to be in the UFC to mean anything yet a lot of their stars are from other companies.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:08 pm

I wonder why IGF is not part of RIZIN FEDERATION? (because IGF was part of some NYEs)

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:22 pm

IGF will bring pro wrestling to the event and no offense i dont wanna see it

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:39 pm

stu3ufc wrote:IGF will bring pro wrestling to the event and no offense i dont wanna see it
I really do not like pro wrestling and am happy with lack of it but IGF is still holding Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye and it is stupid that there are 2 events on same day like JMMA is not weak enough. They need to unite!

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:25 pm

nothing=PRIDEFC wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:IGF will bring pro wrestling to the event and no offense i dont wanna see it
I really do not like pro wrestling and am happy with lack of it but IGF is still holding Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye and it is stupid that there are 2 events on same day like JMMA is not weak enough. They need to unite!

yeah i don't like pro wrestling either but it is japan and they love that thing though i do hope they have the old pride style intros with a long ramp and a kiss arse theme .Yes they do need to unite they might i mean it is still 2 months away .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:39 pm

The theme is what I'm most curious about. I hope it has the same olympic epic feel to it just like the pride one had.

I work out to that soundtrack

Last edited by Longtime Fan on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Inoki doesn't give a shit about JMMA, just about InokI.

wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:41 am

Inoki's stuff and the more straight forward MMA are really two separate brands, so I don't see the issue. Inoki has his following, and the more combat sports purists will opt for the other card.

nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:47 am

westcott123 wrote:
Dagwood wrote:Sounds like Sakakibara landed a contract with major Japanese network Fuji TV again, PRIDE's broadcaster.

i wonder how that happened  the whole pride yakuza thing .Unless it is true which i suspect is that sakkikbara  doesn't/didn't have mob connections there was no proof that he was.

This is a really good interview I found recently with Miro Mijatovic, former Fedor and Cro Cop manager, on the mafia stuff.

According to him, Sakikabara was basically a front man, with the real shady stuff going on behind the scenes (up to and including murders and stuff).

http://liverkick.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=2337:q-a-a-with-cro-cops-former-manager-the-man-who-brought-down-pride-part-2

nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:50 am

I will tweet him to hire LEGEND people!

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum