Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:44 pm

Fedor is fighting the winner of carlos toyota vs Jadeep Sighn??? this fight in deep to determin who faces fedor???

_________________





stu3ufc

Posts : 5125
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by wekka on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:03 pm

I read that Saeki offered Motoya and Hasegawa. RIZIN shouldn't pass these names up.

Anyone else check daily on updates for this event?
I haven't felt this excited about MMA in years lol.

wekka

Location : Half-Breed/Georgia
Age : 27
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:02 pm

wekka wrote:I read that Saeki offered Motoya and Hasegawa. RIZIN shouldn't pass these names up.

Anyone else check daily on updates for this event?
I haven't felt this excited about MMA in years lol.

Hope that's true. They need to get Hasegawa in the HW GP.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10825
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

New Fedor interview

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:28 am

http://sports.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201510140003-spnavi

It's in Japanese and I'm not going to translate but there were a few highlights.

When asked who he is training with he said he's working with some very strong Russian fighters who will be on the NYE card. He mentioned a Sambo world champion specifically. Minakov?

He said the motivating factor in his comeback was Sakakibara approached him last Spring and asked him to be a part. He said Sakakibara asked him to help to write a new history of Pride.

He said he loves fighting in Japan and wanted to be a part of this project.

He says he doesn't believe he would have come back had it not been for Sakakibara coming to him with this proposal.

He says the time away has given him a chance to cure his fatigue and heal his injuries.

He says his body and mind are in good condition.

He says he still has a lot of work to regain his old form. But he is currently training very hard in Russia. And that he has a training trip planned for Holland.

No hints on potential opponents.

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:19 am

CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:I read that Saeki offered Motoya and Hasegawa. RIZIN shouldn't pass these names up.

Anyone else check daily on updates for this event?
I haven't felt this excited about MMA in years lol.

Hope that's true.  They need to get Hasegawa in the HW GP.

There is plenty of guys for fedor to fight not just  in the ufc there will be more options outside the ufc then in it i mean they expect him to fight travis browne who technically is the "new breed" or roy nelson or ben rothwell to show he can hang with the "elite".

westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1187
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:44 am

shows the respect fedor has sakkikabarra since he was the one to get fedor to come back out of retirement plus and the end of the day fedor is a smart man . I mean he could of choose option b and wear shitty rebok get shitty pay get treated like shit then get thrown under the bus by uncle fester .

westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1187
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:08 am

westcott123 wrote:shows the respect fedor has sakkikabarra since he was the one to get fedor to come back out of retirement plus and the end of the day fedor is a smart man . I mean he could of choose option b and wear shitty rebok get shitty pay get treated like shit then get thrown under the bus by uncle fester .

I think it's clear that that was never actually on the table.

There was a lag before he announced his return and he announced the particulars.

People jumped to wild speculation.

The signing with Sakakibara was part in parcel of the comeback.

Fedor states that he most likely would have never made a comeback if not for this particular project.

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:08 am

He also speaks about blazing a trail for young Russian fighters.

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:29 am

nodogoshi wrote:
westcott123 wrote:shows the respect fedor has sakkikabarra since he was the one to get fedor to come back out of retirement plus and the end of the day fedor is a smart man . I mean he could of choose option b and wear shitty rebok get shitty pay get treated like shit then get thrown under the bus by uncle fester .

I think it's clear that that was never actually on the table.

There was a lag before he announced his return and he announced the particulars.

People jumped to wild speculation.

The signing with Sakakibara was part in parcel of the comeback.

Fedor states that he most likely would have never made a comeback if not for this particular project.

people did jump to the he will singed with zuffa rumor straight of the bat .

westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1187
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:30 am

westcott123 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
westcott123 wrote:shows the respect fedor has sakkikabarra since he was the one to get fedor to come back out of retirement plus and the end of the day fedor is a smart man . I mean he could of choose option b and wear shitty rebok get shitty pay get treated like shit then get thrown under the bus by uncle fester .

I think it's clear that that was never actually on the table.

There was a lag before he announced his return and he announced the particulars.

People jumped to wild speculation.

The signing with Sakakibara was part in parcel of the comeback.

Fedor states that he most likely would have never made a comeback if not for this particular project.

people did jump to the he will singed with zuffa rumor straight of the bat .

From the interview, it seems plain as can be.

It wasn't a case where he decided to come back, and then shopped around for a bit.

It was a case where he decided to come back in order to be a part of Sakakibara's new venture.

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:39 am

Interesting that since he announced his return to MMA, he was always planning to come back for the return of PRIDE.


Last edited by CDF47 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10825
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:09 am

CDF47 wrote:Interesting that he was always planning to come back just for the return of PRIDE.

Once again, and this is just based on my reading of the interview, he states that he was approached by Sakakibara last Spring and told about the new venture, and asked if he would consider participating.

In a follow up question, he was asked if he would have come back, had he not been presented with this opportunity by Sakakibara, and he said he doesn't think so.

It's not that he was always planning to come back for the 'new Pride'. This new venture came up, he was approached by Sakakibara, and he decided to go for it.

Presumably he is being paid well.

Presumably he also believes in the venture, respects Sakakibara, and truly does want to be a part of it.

We do need to remember the circumstances under which he retired.

This is a good opportunity for him.

He spent the best part of his career in Pride, it seems they were genuinely great years for him and that he respects what Pride stood for, and this is an opportunity which makes sense for him.

He is, after all, the face of the new promotion, basically (for now at least).

He was also asked about his political career. He said that he has a long time to pursue a political career, but an athlete's time is limited. So while he still has the ability to compete as an athlete, it makes good sense to do so, and the politics can wait for later.

I think Fedor is also a true business man.

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:14 am

nodogoshi wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Interesting that he was always planning to come back just for the return of PRIDE.

Once again, and this is just based on my reading of the interview, he states that he was approached by Sakakibara last Spring and told about the new venture, and asked if he would consider participating.

In a follow up question, he was asked if he would have come back, had he not been presented with this opportunity by Sakakibara, and he said he doesn't think so.

It's not that he was always planning to come back for the 'new Pride'. This new venture came up, he was approached by Sakakibara, and he decided to go for it.

Presumably he is being paid well.

Presumably he also believes in the venture, respects Sakakibara, and truly does want to be a part of it.

We do need to remember the circumstances under which he retired.

This is a good opportunity for him.

He spent the best part of his career in Pride, it seems they were genuinely great years for him and that he respects what Pride stood for, and this is an opportunity which makes sense for him.

He is, after all, the face of the new promotion, basically (for now at least).

He was also asked about his political career. He said that he has a long time to pursue a political career, but an athlete's time is limited. So while he still has the ability to compete as an athlete, it makes good sense to do so, and the politics can wait for later.

I think Fedor is also a true business man.

I understand that.  I guess my post was too short and vague.  What I meant was, it is interesting that since he announced his return to MMA he was always planning on going to RIZIN.  From the way it sounds, he never had any real intentions for the UFC since he announced his return.  Maybe if they would have made him a huge offer he might have went with them but seems like from this article, the return of PRIDE got him motivated to come back.

I will edit my post to clarify what I meant.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10825
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:24 am

Yeah, that's why you should be careful not do believe everything you read, and to generally not believe anything you read when it comes to MMA 'news'.

From what I can tell, Fedor came back because of this organization.

That's more or less what he stated.

He wasn't in negotiations with various organizations, he came back in order to be a part of Sakakibara's new venture.

It was simply that the comeback was announced before the details (in part strategically, no doubt, is that created more buzz around the whole thing).

Like I said, for me perhaps the biggest thing, was that when asked who he was training with, he said "I'm training with some very strong Russian fighters, including a sambo world champion. They are going to be participants at the event."

Anyone know who Fedor is training with?

Who would this sambo world champion be?

Minakov?

He is still the Bellator champion, and as we know Bellator is a part of the alliance.

What if he is a tournament participant even?

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:24 am

So you guys can go ahead and spread the rumor that Minakov is fighting on the NYE show.

You heard it here first.

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:26 am

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:I read that Saeki offered Motoya and Hasegawa. RIZIN shouldn't pass these names up.

Anyone else check daily on updates for this event?
I haven't felt this excited about MMA in years lol.

Hope that's true.  They need to get Hasegawa in the HW GP.

There is plenty of guys for fedor to fight not just  in the ufc there will be more options outside the ufc then in it i mean they expect him to fight travis browne who technically is the "new breed" or roy nelson or ben rothwell to show he can hang with the "elite".

I agree.  There are many great fights for him in Japan and they will be fought under PRIDE rules or PRIDE rules with elbows in a ring.  IMO, that is the best option.  If this takes off, it would be great to see RIZIN with the best MMA roster in the world one day, like PRIDE once had.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10825
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:29 am

nodogoshi wrote:Yeah, that's why you should be careful not do believe everything you read, and to generally not believe anything you read when it comes to MMA 'news'.

From what I can tell, Fedor came back because of this organization.

That's more or less what he stated.

He wasn't in negotiations with various organizations, he came back in order to be a part of Sakakibara's new venture.

It was simply that the comeback was announced before the details (in part strategically, no doubt, is that created more buzz around the whole thing).

Like I said, for me perhaps the biggest thing, was that when asked who he was training with, he said "I'm training with some very strong Russian fighters, including a sambo world champion. They are going to be participants at the event."

Anyone know who Fedor is training with?

Who would this sambo world champion be?

Minakov?

He is still the Bellator champion, and as we know Bellator is a part of the alliance.

What if he is a tournament participant even?

This is a great interview Nodo. Thanks for posting this info.

Would love to see Minakov fighting on NYE in the PRIDE 2.0/RIZIN ring!

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10825
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:52 pm

nodogoshi wrote:So you guys can go ahead and spread the rumor that Minakov is fighting on the NYE show.

You heard it here first.

I read on some Russian MMA website that Fedor and more 3 Russians are fighting on event and those Russians are allegedly Minakov, Volkov and Alexander Sarnavskiy.

Rizin=PRIDEFC
Moderator

Location : Croatia
Posts : 1110
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by fka on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:26 pm

What im hoping for is.....


Wanderlei gets his case dismissed and fights for rizin....agsinst....

Tito ortiz!!!!


Tho minakov and volkov are cool additions to the show if true.

Can't wait for more matches to be announcef.

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6434
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by wekka on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Im just happy for Minakov getting a fight in this calendar year.

Maybr a title fight against Lashley?

wekka

Location : Half-Breed/Georgia
Age : 27
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:51 pm

I'm hoping for an epic fucking tournament.

Throw in the best fighters available.

Plus Minowaman.

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:So you guys can go ahead and spread the rumor that Minakov is fighting on the NYE show.

You heard it here first.

I read on some Russian MMA website that Fedor and more 3 Russians are fighting on event and those Russians are allegedly Minakov, Volkov and Alexander Sarnavskiy.

some top level russians here

_________________





stu3ufc

Posts : 5125
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:55 pm

We broke this story, Minakov is likely on the card.

I suspected Minakov, because I think him and Fedor have a history of training together, he's a sambo world champion (which Fedor mentioned), he's connected to Bellator, and Fedor keeps talking about bringing in really good younger Russian fighters.

Rizin=Pride added fuel to that speculation.

Therefore, I'm projecting Minakov to be on the card.

I wouldn't be at all surprised of Volkov and Sarnavskiy are also on the card, which would be great.

Fedor said he was training with some top notch Russian fighters (plural) who are also going to be on the cards.

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:58 pm

I'm getting the feeling that Fedor is also involved on the promotional side to some extent. He has a lot of connections in the MMA world in Russia, obviously. That might also explain why Finkelchtein is pissed off.

Fedor has experience in the MMA promotion business, as well as many other aspects in Russia.

He built that huge sports and training stadium, and has been involved in MMA in many ways in Russia.

He is also one of the biggest athletes in Russia, from what I understand.

I get the feeling Fedor is happy to fight again, and I never felt he went out on his own terms.

But still more, his other connections are just as huge, I think.

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Fighting Federation: Fedor v Singh Jaideep - December 29-31 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:So you guys can go ahead and spread the rumor that Minakov is fighting on the NYE show.

You heard it here first.

I read on some Russian MMA website that Fedor and more 3 Russians are fighting on event and those Russians are allegedly Minakov, Volkov and Alexander Sarnavskiy.

Damn, that would be unreal.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10825
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum