Fedor not fighting jaideep Singh guaranteed

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fedor not fighting jaideep Singh guaranteed

Post by CDF47 on Wed May 25, 2016 12:12 am

InfinityLens wrote:
fka wrote:Maldonado isnt a good fighter....hes a bloated mw fighting lhw now hw lol....brawldonado is not an elite guy or even a true hw.

Moldonado is #36 LHW and Fedor (not a big HW) is #47 HW. It's a decent match, though if could make the match I would probably do Fedor v Augusto Sakai.

Fedor is number 1 HW all time

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Off all time yes (possibly #1 P4P of all time), but for right now he is #47.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:12 pm

InfinityLens wrote:Off all time yes (possibly #1 P4P of all time), but for right now he is #47.

No way in fucking hell Fedor is anywhere near that low, by about the length of a marathon. He is without question top-10 in the world, UFC and everyone else included, and could be top-5 with one notable win (which his next opponent won't be).

Yes, taking years off does cause a fighter to drop, and he had a string of losses, but you have to also look at the circumstances of those fights. The Henderson fight was really a fluke. Henderson has the power to KO just about anyone probably, but it just was, a fluke. I won't comment on the Werdum or Bigfoot fights, but plenty can be said about them, too.

If Lennox Lewis announced a comeback tomorrow I wouldn't rate him near as low as 47, and Lewis is 51, hasn't boxed in 13 years, and boxing in general and the current heavyweight division in boxing in particular are way deeper than their MMA counterparts.

You don't get to be #1 without being a very special fighter and athlete, and you don't lose all of your ability just because you are no longer in the prime of your career athletically.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:15 pm

^No kidding.  Fedor should be way higher than that.  Not sure what Fightmatrix is calculating but they need to get that fixed.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:22 pm

CDF47 wrote:^No kidding.  Fedor should be way higher than that.  Not sure what Fightmatrix is calculating but they need to get that fixed.

yeah I agree I mean I would rank him in the top ten based on his career alone plus he is on a win streak i know they haven't been the best of the best but he is . Anderson silva was ranked 5th and he hasn't won since 2012 .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:01 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:^No kidding.  Fedor should be way higher than that.  Not sure what Fightmatrix is calculating but they need to get that fixed.

yeah I agree I mean I would rank him in the top ten based on his career alone plus he is on a win streak i know they haven't been the best of the best but he is . Anderson silva was ranked 5th and he hasn't won since 2012 .

Good points, especially with the Silva ranking.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:04 pm

Well looks like all the "he is top 10!" stuff was wrong. He still won (by a hair) and is now #29. Who is a good next fight? How about Bedorf?
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:33 pm

InfinityLens wrote:Well looks like all the "he is top 10!" stuff was wrong. He still won (by a hair) and is now #29. Who is a good next fight? How about Bedorf?

Prime GSP got KO'd in the first round by a lightweight who was outside the top 10 at the time and on his way out of the ufc. It happens. That didn't mean GSP wasn't top 10. Fedor fought as stupid as possible but he still won.

I assume we are talking about fight matrix rankings? Frank Mir is rank #10 at HW and he is 2-6 in his last 8. So Fedor for sure could still be top 10. I think with a proper training camp, gameplan and lifting weights he for sure is. For some reason against Jaideep, Fedor went to Holland for a month, looked more buff and brought in Minakov to his Russian training camp. Against Maldonado he didn't do any of that and trained with his students. I think Rampage is right and Fedor look Maldonado lightly. We will find out in the future.

All that said, I would like to see him fight someone ranked 11-20 and see how he does and see if he takes his training more seriously this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:50 pm

Kinosis wrote:
InfinityLens wrote:Well looks like all the "he is top 10!" stuff was wrong. He still won (by a hair) and is now #29. Who is a good next fight? How about Bedorf?

Prime GSP got KO'd in the first round by a lightweight who was outside the top 10 at the time and on his way out of the ufc.  It happens.  That didn't mean GSP wasn't top 10.  Fedor fought as stupid as possible but he still won.  

I assume we are talking about fight matrix rankings?  Frank Mir is rank #10 at HW and he is 2-6 in his last 8.  So Fedor for sure could still be top 10.  I think with a proper training camp, gameplan and lifting weights he for sure is.  For some reason against Jaideep, Fedor went to Holland for a month, looked more buff and brought in Minakov to his Russian training camp.  Against Maldonado he didn't do any of that and trained with his students.  I think Rampage is right and Fedor look Maldonado lightly.  We will find out in the future.

All that said, I would like to see him fight someone ranked 11-20 and see how he does and see if he takes his training more seriously this time.  

Great post!

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:50 am

I also noticed fight matrix has Velasquez at #4 at HW, and he hasn't even won a fight in 3 years! If that's what the top 10 looks like, it surely isn't impossible for Fedor to crack into that.

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeWarMachine on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:25 am

Kinosis wrote:I also noticed fight matrix has Velasquez at #4 at HW, and he hasn't even won a fight in 3 years!  If that's what the top 10 looks like, it surely isn't impossible for Fedor to crack into that.

Retired GSP has won a fight more recently than Cain Rolling LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:31 am

^lol, good point

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:09 pm

Kinosis wrote:I also noticed fight matrix has Velasquez at #4 at HW, and he hasn't even won a fight in 3 years!  If that's what the top 10 looks like, it surely isn't impossible for Fedor to crack into that.

Nice observation. I never liked the rankings all over the web.  They are UFC biased rankings.

Last edited by CDF47 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:09 pm

FreeWarMachine wrote:

Retired GSP has won a fight more recently than Cain Rolling LMAO

LOL

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:27 pm

CDF47 wrote:

Nice observation. I never liked the rankings all over the web.  They are UFC biased rankings.

Fight Matrix gives a a pint bonus for UFC titles but them and Tapology are still the best. Butter to use computer's than subjective humans (many of whom will have press credentials pulled if they dont reflect a Zuffa narrative/are directly on the Zuffa's payrole).
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:39 pm

^I think there is a pro-Zuffa algorithm in the computer based ranking systems so I don't like those either.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:12 pm

^^^^Yeah but it's unproven, even if it's still better than humans.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:24 pm

InfinityLens wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Fight Matrix gives a a pint bonus for UFC titles but them and Tapology are still the best. Butter to use computer's than subjective humans (many of whom will have press credentials pulled if they dont reflect a Zuffa narrative/are directly on the Zuffa's payrole).
There´s only one legit Ranking people need to follow http://www.global-mma.com/t13443-global-mma-rankings-july-2016
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:18 pm

^^^Made by humans. Also it only ranks the top 10, what about everybody else?
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:22 pm

InfinityLens wrote:^^^Made by humans. Also it only ranks the top 10, what about everybody else?

LOL.... It's actually a top 15 with contenders but that's all us lazy humans are capable of.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Sorry top 15, but I like we're it's literally hundreds (or in the case of tapology thousand since they Rank even regional amateurs).
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:43 pm

I like ELO MMA's rankings. He hasn't updated it this year but it's solely based on math. It's better than Fight Matrix by a mile for those types of rankings.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:08 pm

InfinityLens wrote:Sorry top 15, but I like we're it's literally hundreds (or in the case of tapology thousand since they Rank even regional amateurs).

Tapology has a pretty deep ranking system. I do check on their rankings and Fight Matrix rankings from time to time. I just don't like how UFC fighters are like the top 100 in those rankings which is why I like keeping them separate.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:08 am

Kinosis wrote:I like ELO MMA's rankings.  He hasn't updated it this year but it's solely based on math.  It's better than Fight Matrix by a mile for those types of rankings.

Who?
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum