Another Sherdog hit piece on PRIDE

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Sherdog hit piece on PRIDE

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:39 pm

Not sure who read this but get a load of this bullshit.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Opinion-How-I-Learned-to-Stop-Worrying-and-Love-the-UFC-Model-93949

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Sherdog hit piece on PRIDE

Post by westcott123 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:58 pm

yeah i read it pretty much implying that pride was just a can filed league with only a couple of elite fighters and they fought 10 easy guys than one tough guy while the same time ignoring the ufc history of their fighters having easy fights it is from todd martin he just another huge zuffa nut licker anyway . They coming out hard because they know the days of the ufc being number one well are numbered .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Yup, I read that earlier. Zuffa propaganda machine is in full tilt since the announcement of Rizin. Hope people can see through the bull shit.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:13 pm

CDF47 wrote:Yup, I read that earlier.  Zuffa propaganda machine is in full tilt since the announcement of Rizin.  Hope people can see through the bull shit.  

Shows that zuffa are nervous

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:51 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Yup, I read that earlier.  Zuffa propaganda machine is in full tilt since the announcement of Rizin.  Hope people can see through the bull shit.  

Shows that zuffa are nervous

Indeed

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Red on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:35 am

How I learned to stop worrying (about losing my press pass) and love the UFC model (or else)

Last edited by Aunt Red on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

"Help am in Indonesia, lost debit card & cannot contact you via phone line - please help: 1danielfletcher@gmail.com thank you." - Fletch

Aunt Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:35 am

westcott123 wrote:yeah i read it pretty much implying that pride was just a can filed league with only a couple of elite fighters and they fought 10 easy guys than one tough guy while the same time ignoring the ufc history of their fighters having easy fights it is from todd martin he just another huge zuffa nut licker anyway . They coming out hard because they know the days of the ufc being number one well are numbered .

Yup. Cause truly the best fight the best in the UFC. Oh wait, the UFC also does bullshit too.

Let's Chael Sonnen talk his way into a title shot
Gives 2-1 Brock Lesnar a title shot
Gives Gus a title despite coming off a 2:15 TKO loss
Gives Nick Diaz a title shot despite coming off a loss and suspension
Anderson Silva fighting cans like James Irvin and Stephan Bonnar
Protected Chuck Liddell during his title reign by giving him grapplers with little striking or knockout power
Has their most decorated champion ever fight a boxer with a 0-0 MMA record
Gave Anderson Silva stylistic fights where he rarely fought great strikers but mostly grapplers or haymaker throwers

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:09 am

Sherdog is a horrible site.

I've never been a member of the forum. Looked around on it years ago and realized it was lame.

The news section of the site is full of zuffa propaganda.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:33 am

The only reason I still lurk sherdog is because you read a lot of good conjuncture by some of the more intelligent minority. You get good insight up to the minute because of how active it is as well.

But the cons far outweigh the pros. The site is inhabited and ruled by American centric, xenophobic, bottom of the barrel ignorant fans. Plus the mods are all on the payroll for sure. The radio used to be a good listen but I got bored of that once Josh gross left.

All in all sherdog has its use, just don't involve yourself in the soap opera day to day drama. I find it corny the way sometimes they all respond the same response as another poster (copy and pasting responses) on some hive mentality shit.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:23 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:yeah i read it pretty much implying that pride was just a can filed league with only a couple of elite fighters and they fought 10 easy guys than one tough guy while the same time ignoring the ufc history of their fighters having easy fights it is from todd martin he just another huge zuffa nut licker anyway . They coming out hard because they know the days of the ufc being number one well are numbered .

Yup. Cause truly the best fight the best in the UFC. Oh wait, the UFC also does bullshit too.

Protected Chuck Liddell during his title reign by giving him grapplers with little striking or knockout power
Gave Anderson Silva stylistic fights where he rarely fought great strikers but mostly grapplers or haymaker throwers

To them it is only OK when Zuffa does it .Chuck yeah they give wanderlei shit about fighting cans {i admit he fought some cans though guys like kondo,tamura,yoshida,nakamura,fuijita were no way cans since they beat a lot of good fighters} but he fought k1 strikers like cro cop and hunt and stood with them fought arona fought hendo rampage sakuraba .

Anderson yeah they made into some mystical striker yet he got ko by a grappler just imagine him fighting artem levin in a striking match . Half andersons wins aren't even the ufc now

that james toney couture didn't that get a lot of hype as for brock lesnar yeah they're giving shit to fedor even though it is already been confirmed 100 times that fedor not fighting him yet they allowed a 1 -0 brock lesnar in the ufc even though he fought a complete can in his debut .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:23 am

Aunt Red wrote:How I learned to stop worrying (about losing my press pass) and love the UFC model (or else)

LOL...It's sad but true

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:24 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Yes, they do.  Some good examples of many.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:25 am

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:Sherdog is a horrible site.

I've never been a member of the forum. Looked around on it years ago and realized it was lame.

The news section of the site is full of zuffa propaganda.

Yup, it is basically a Zuffa printing press now. It wasn't always this way from what I remember. Way back in the day it was alright.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:28 am

Longtime Fan wrote:The only reason I still lurk sherdog is because you read a lot of good conjuncture by some of the more intelligent minority. You get good insight up to the minute because of how active it is as well.

But the cons far outweigh the pros. The site is inhabited and ruled by American centric, xenophobic, bottom of the barrel ignorant fans. Plus the mods are all on the payroll for sure. The radio used to be a good listen but I got bored of that once Josh gross left.

All in all sherdog has its use, just don't involve yourself in the soap opera day to day drama. I find it corny the way sometimes they all respond the same response as another poster (copy and pasting responses) on some hive mentality shit.

Yeah, not good. Gross was their best journalist. Not the same since he left. I hardly ever listen to their radio now.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:31 am

westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

To them it is only OK when Zuffa does it .Chuck yeah  they give wanderlei shit about fighting cans {i admit he fought some cans though guys like kondo,tamura,yoshida,nakamura,fuijita were no way cans since they beat a lot of good fighters} but he fought k1 strikers like cro cop and hunt and stood with them fought arona fought hendo rampage sakuraba .

Anderson yeah they made into some mystical striker yet he got ko by a grappler just imagine him fighting artem levin in  a striking match . Half andersons wins aren't even the ufc now

that james toney couture didn't that get a lot of hype as for brock lesnar yeah they're giving shit to fedor even though it is already been confirmed 100 times that fedor not fighting him yet they allowed a 1 -0 brock lesnar in the ufc even though he fought a complete can in his debut .

Speaking of Lesnar, it's ironic how people rag on Fedor for fighting Hong Man Choi and yet, Choi was going to be Lesnar's first opponent. I bet if Lesnar beat him then that still would've been enough to get a UFC contract.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:33 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

To them it is only OK when Zuffa does it .Chuck yeah  they give wanderlei shit about fighting cans {i admit he fought some cans though guys like kondo,tamura,yoshida,nakamura,fuijita were no way cans since they beat a lot of good fighters} but he fought k1 strikers like cro cop and hunt and stood with them fought arona fought hendo rampage sakuraba .

Anderson yeah they made into some mystical striker yet he got ko by a grappler just imagine him fighting artem levin in  a striking match . Half andersons wins aren't even the ufc now

Speaking of Lesnar, it's ironic how people rag on Fedor for fighting Hong Man Choi and yet, Choi was going to be Lesnar's first opponent. I bet if Lesnar beat him then that still would've been enough to get a UFC contract.

Yes, a contract and a title shot with a 2-1 record

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:35 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Brock could of fought a 90 year old man and that would of gotten him into the ufc .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:37 am

CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Not just any 2-1 record or title shot. A 2-1 record with his two wins being a tomato can and a washed up Heath Herring (who was a replacement for a 43 year old Mark Coleman who hadn't fought in two years) while his title shot would come against a 45 year old Randy Couture who hadn't fought in 15 months and who's biggest strength would be negated by Lesnar's wrestling and size.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:12 am

My favourite part: Meanwhile, in the UFC, stars like Chuck Liddell, Brock Lesnar and Tito Ortiz have fallen fast and need to be continually replaced.

So sherdog is implying that the one's who fought in best org in world got easy while those who staid in UFC (because they knew they would not do good in PRIDE) like Ortiz are guys who where not saved from thought competition

So now guy like Wanderlei who fought guys like Henderson(twice), CroCop(twice),Rampage(twice), Arona(twice), Hunt(he won that fight)....  is guy who got easy opponents

while Ortiz had top competition Rolling LMAO

about Chuck

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:07 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Not just any 2-1 record or title shot. A 2-1 record with his two wins being a tomato can and a washed up Heath Herring (who was a replacement for a 43 year old Mark Coleman who hadn't fought in two years) while his title shot would come against a 45 year old Randy Couture who hadn't fought in 15 months and who's biggest strength would be negated by Lesnar's wrestling and size.

Very good point. Also, I would think Frank Mir should have gotten this title shot against Couture since Mir subbed Lesnar in the first round, 9 months prior to the Lesnar title shot.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:14 am

Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:My favourite part: Meanwhile, in the UFC, stars like Chuck Liddell, Brock Lesnar and Tito Ortiz have fallen fast and need to be continually replaced.

So sherdog is implying that the one's who fought in best org in world got easy while those who staid in UFC (because they knew they would not do good in PRIDE) like Ortiz are guys who where not saved from thought competition

So now guy like Wanderlei who fought guys like Henderson(twice), CroCop(twice),Rampage(twice), Arona(twice), Hunt(he won that fight)....  is guy who got easy opponents

while Ortiz had top competition Rolling LMAO

about Chuck

I know.  Sometimes it is hard just not to stop and laugh at some of the bull shit they spew.  It is so ridiculous at times that it is almost comical.  Does anyone that knows anything about this sport actually buy this shit?  Apparently so.  

It is almost like they are testing how much nonsense they can spew until the casual fans start questioning it.  This sort of garbage must be directed at the casual fan because anyone that knows anything about this sport knows it is just more Zuffa propaganda.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Don't underestimate the ignorance of the low intelligence cage fighting fan.

The very people that cage fighting companies aim their product at.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Fight like a dog.

Live like a dog.

Cage!!!!!!!

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:38 pm

I dont care for the opinion of people who werent watching the sport from the late 90's/ early 00's.... and by that I mean you followed the sport not watched a bunch of fights in 2015 on your UFC fight pass and call yourself an expert/hardcore mma fan.

zombies gonna zombie

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:24 pm

I'm ok with new fans.

It's just many newer fans are part of the low intelligence cage fighting crowd.

Many newer fans also disrespect the pioneers of the sport.

Newer fans that show respect for the history of the sport and don't follow the cage fighting lifestyle are cool.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum